What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @ashcurl ... I modify EPIC exercises as well. I have knee problems so do calf raise variations instead of lunges most of the time. I can do side lunges and rear lunges but not forward or that curtsy one she does. No way. I also keep an assortment of dumbbells and switch them out as needed. I have still made gains since I started and no longer use my lighter weights plus I've added heavier weights. I'm at the point I need to buy the next size up dumbbells. I also don't do the HIIT day. To much jumping and too hard on the knees.

But just keep trying and modify as needed. Push yourself when you can and you will see results. I'm stronger and much firmer after only 7 weeks (I did the beginner week) And I was already doing dumbbell workouts before I started but honestly didn't work as hard as I do with EPIC. I really like it and look forward to it. The variation of exercises is motivating for me.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm boring. Did 153 minutes on my Elliptical for 12 miles. I need to start doing abdominal crunches on my exercise ball. My abdomen is abominable. Also need to start doing squats, maybe while watching TV. My butt is smaller but so flabby now I'm sitting on my tailbone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Super short bike ride only today, due to limited time availability: 6.9 miles at moving average 12.2mph.
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    60 Minute Weight training today in just a few minutes.. bench press, triceps, back, neck legs and core..love it!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Tweaked a hamstring during last night's trail run. I'm having trouble bending my left leg this morning. Giving it the foam roller, compression gun and Biofreeze treatment. Hoping that I can walk it off by mowing the lawn tonight.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 2miles (8m)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (10m)

Strength: E5MOM
    HSPU - 6x2r (12r)
    Pull-up - 6x5r (30r)
    Dip - 6x5r (30r)
    Jumprope - 6x1m (6m)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    After a couple of rest days (1 scheduled, 1 because of weather) rode the bike this morning for 17.85 miles at 13.5 mph average - total time of 79 minutes.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran 4 miles today morning
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Yesterday was supposed to be my toughest day (hard row at lunch, lift in the evening). Had a nasty headache came on really sudden in the AM, so scrapped the whole day. I'm at that age that I listen if my body is off instead of being stubborn. Hated to miss but wanted to be cautious.

Today did 11K (5500 X 2 w/ 90 seconds rest) meters machine rowing. Did the first 3K unstrapped again. HR got too high (around 80% max) during the second interval. Likely because I didn't set far enough in the shade and the sun was on me at the end.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Gym day today. Focused on stabilization, balance, core. Foam rolling to start, then circuits including swiss ball rollouts, chest press w/bridge, leg lift and extension(standing on one foot), resistance band pulls, dead bugs, crunches with/med ball, etc.

Deep tissue work tonight should really help the hamstrings.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    30 min TrainerRoad sweet spot ride & 30 min indoor rowing
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Road ride - 18.93 miles @ 14.1 mph avg. Upper body workout later today.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1miles (7m30s)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (20m)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Lead the bootcamp today morning. Evening will go for badminton
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    @ashcurl ... I modify EPIC exercises as well....

But just keep trying and modify as needed. Push yourself when you can and you will see results. .... I really like it and look forward to it. The variation of exercises is motivating for me.

Exactly!
    Today was day 4 for me & including modifications I couldn't finish the full hour. But hey, I still got a great workout in and I did get over 40 minutes where as at the start I could barely do 30. (Granted there was a maintenance guy supposed to come around when I'd finish and I prefer ppl not seeing me exercise or sweaty and gross so I didn't have much motivation to finish it, besides I was halfway crying bc it was so hard)
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one who likes the workout including the variety but also can't do it all.
  • stephnstars
    stephnstars Posts: 47 Member
    Ran 10km 💪🏃‍♀️ 1 hour and 1 minutes! Gutted I didn't get under the hour mark. Only my 2nd 10km this year though 💪