WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, livestream church, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL,
    Bonus: email credit union about RMD, filing, council meeting postponed ;), two loads laundry, filing
    Just one thing: addressed cards to L and Ri, found first few SS&D DVDs.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fill in booster vaccine form with Joe, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    24: Write down three specific things that have gone well recently: 1-BB&B, SWSY or TC before solitaire. 2-processed cider before it went bad ;). 3-Grooming Tumble while Joe walks Shadow to the mailbox.
    25: You can’t do everything! What are your three priorities this week? Hmm, thinking, process grapes…start organizing DVDs&CDs to find the rest of SS&D, clear keyboard.

Feeling better today, arm less sore, headache mostly gone. Got dogs down to powerline during a little break in the rain. Do I feel better from having walked dogs outside, or was I able to walk outside because I felt better?

Julie minutes are of monthly fire protection district board meetings. Since I’m not strong or fit enough to pull hose and fight fires, and since NO ONE wants me driving a firetruck, it’s what I can do. ;)
    Welcome @TheMrsHMorgan ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Beth “…I’ll do some ironing for my son…” No greater love! And you with a broken leg. . .
    Katla agree about preferring to make my own choices in the grocery store. I try to minimize the risk by going early when its less crowded, and definitely maintain distance from the many unmasked. :angry:
    It’s good to have you back @MA_B Maryann in UK!
    Debbie that is a lot of rain in a short time. Are there flood warnings near you? I remember some pretty bad floods in Napa when my parents lived there.
    Lisa ((hugs)) “…and I’m not.” Made me smile.
    Welcome @Michaela_LaGata ! Yes there is lots of love and encouragement here, also some wisdom and wicked humor.
    Michele those ground dwelling flying insects may well have been digger wasps, not bees. Hope Vince decides against pouring gasoline into the ground. :noway:
    Mary, wow, just WOW!
    Pip :love: the expressions on Yogi’s face.

Just skimmin’ as I’m pretty sleepy. Please know I’m happy to see all your familiar faces popping in and send warm, grateful wishes to you all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:24, weigh/wii: 24/4/65; steps>7228=7312 vits=24, log=24, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=22, Shadow=21, mfp=24, outside=26, up hill=22, clean 10=16.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=3 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=14, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Monday,
    I nibbled at my work elephant for 14 hrs yesterday.Whew! What a weight off my shoulders! I still have some equipment orders to figure out, but at least all those folders of warranties to be filed and registrations are done! I did get dishes done as well as laundry. Heading into work feeling on top of game instead of behind the right ball.

I DID IT! I actually did a Barre workout this morning! WhoopWhoop! I bought Beachbody last week for the year, but did first workout this morning. This is BIG for me as I haven't done any exercise in two years or more. Oh wait...for a week I walked around the house last winter. Anyway, proud I just did it. I am so out of shape with no flexibility. You ALL are my kick in the butt and inspiration!
    Saw a sign the other day that was so me
    To do list:
    1) Procrastinate
    2) Panic

My husband agreed! Time to get out of hot tub and get ready for work.

Welcomes!
    Hugs!
    Prayers!
    High fives!

Kylia grateful in Ohio for such a supportive group.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,740 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Rainy morning ,but will stop soon,but will have heavy rain overnight tonight through tomorrow
    Alfie woke me up at 6 so had to get his food all set and he ate ,went out for potty and now all tucked back in under the covers.. the dog isnt spoiled or anything...
    Im picking up one set of groceries today and the other set weds,the 2nd set us at Walmart ,if you order from them now i think they only have 1 person doing the shopping / pick up service so you have a wait of days..
    I will be taking Dan to work today and tomorrow, his usual ride is on vacation in Florida . I dont mind doing it every once in awhile.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    MACHKA it sounds like a real passion for you to work for this club! and for your DH too. Ha Ha for the flamenco cartoon!

BARBIE I knew this meditation teacher who had had a period of sleeplessness for some years, and then didn't later on and said she missed her insomnia. Managing to meditate is great. I have done, that but I'm not finding it so simple at present. Reading sounds good too. I listen to sort of relaxation tapes at present. in generally I'm not crazy about filling emptiness with sound - like I rarely listen to music, - I like the "ambient sound" as a friend calls it. But it seems to work at present okay.

HEATHER : so you ran as he walked ? That sounds like my old speed when I was running, when I was running uphill. Good for you!

TRACEY : sorry about the toughness of read. apparently executing wills often takes well over a year even in relatively simple situations. not sure why, but I have heard that.

RITA the misfit veggies sounds great! I would be interested but I'm way too far!

BETH sorry you had a bad shopping day. I didn't really get what happened, but a bad shopping day is very tiring and stressful often enough.

BARBARA thanks for explaining the minutes! how kind of you!!

SUE all my condolences. A good service can be real balm.

MARYANN, I am so sorry about what happened with your DH and the shock. It sounds like there is some good going on in your life since then.

LISA I am so sorry for your daughter and you and others dealing with that. Sounds like okay or good news for your son and his relationship?

MICHAELA welcome !

MICHELE I had never heard of a liquid bandage, glad it is. not serious.

MARY wow ! amazing lights!!!!

KYLIA awesome for the exercise !
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    latish start just 1.5 hours in the morning. getting back to it in about 15 minutes.
    had tofu and unfrozen mixed veggies for lunch and store bought fro-yo.

annoyed that I have an appointment across town at 6pm which really eats up 2 or 3h, mostly from driving.

oh well.

I DID go for walk yesterday evening. I DIDN4T clean.

should I clean or get right into the writing tasks ?
    maybe mix and match alternate 15 min cleaning and 45 min writing tasks???
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Home again from our little get-away and my leave is almost finished. Back to work and busy times tomorrow.

There are heaps of things coming up which I need to attend to. I'll be organising myself this evening.

The first of those things has just beeped! I tossed a load of laundry in as soon as we unloaded so I've got to hang it up now. :)

M in Oz

Laundry done
    Groceries done - love shopping online!
    Bills paid
    Almost caught up on emails. Just working through some Audax ones.

MACHKA it sounds like a real passion for you to work for this club! and for your DH too. Ha Ha for the flamenco cartoon!

I have been involved with Audax/Randonneuring since 2001. My husband has been involved since 2002. Then in 2003, we met on one of the events in France.

So yes, I'd say we've got a real passion for it! :heart: :)

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    People used to say they wanted to be like my ex and I because he held my hand a lot. Looks romantic, but he was really doing it to control me. If I would stop to look at something he would jerk on my hand. So glad I left him!

Not much on my schedule today. Just the meditation group, and that is floundering.

And paying bills and trying to find a birthday present for my Mom. I think I will go through some of her books and see what she is missing. She has a huge collection of books and reading is still a big thing that she enjoys.

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    M It sounds like they were ground wasps. Wasps can be very aggressive and will sting you more than once as I can attest to the attack I went through this summer. Wasps can be pollinators too. Unfortunately if they are in a spot that can endanger people they lose. They only way I get rid of them is if they are right by our front door. Otherwise I stay well clear of where they set up in our yard. This was true of the ones who attacked me.They were in neighbors yard and I disturbed them with a hose when I tried to water a tree during our drought. I was very cautious walking in that area after that.

Yesterday neighbor and I found coyoto scat in our yards. I found out it can be dangerous to pet dogs because of what is in the scat. I had to be careful cleaning it up and did not just throw it to the back of the yard. I told the neighbor to look up the procedure on line because it was too involved to give him directions. They have small children that play in their yard.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    MA-B ~ Love the Pups! <3

Carol in GA
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Thank you Jane are you living in London? 💕. I am a retired social worker I worked in pediatrics and adolescent and young adult medicine and I do wellness coaching and health education for disease prevention In schools and youth serving organizations etc.

however that knowledge does not protect me from disease and aging I have to put it to work like everybody else and it’s not easy and I resist the work LOL. Too much work To get the pounds off and move the body and eat with my generous food plan -not really a diet just a guide for a healthy life from my dietitian. But you have to be conscious and sometimes I want to eat unconsciously because it feels good right? Yes I love food usually just the good stuff BUT too much of the good stuff is — well too much. 🥬😢

I write with nurses social workers and other health professionals health education materials, fact sheets for schools for school Health clinics etc. I have wonderful colleagues all over the country and we do things collaboratively on zoom - who doesn’t LOL.

Today for breakfast I had a small whole wheat roll with some fresh avocado like avocado toast it is delicious. The cat absolutely loves avocado I don’t know why but he does so I have to be very careful he doesn’t steal it
    he loves to steel human food. I’m fairly certain the kind a family that had him as a kitten fed him off the table which of course is it not good for kitties - but it’s what they had. So he developed a taste for lots of varieties of human food.

Now I have to do some of my prescribed PT and yoga if I can get my Butt out of his comfy chair and moving LOL

I see my physical therapist in a couple days and I don’t wanna lie about blowing everything off so I’m gonna do my thing now.

I wasn’t joking about granny basketball either I have a youth size basketball and I’m going to try shooting some hoops gently by myself and see how I like it

granny basketball is really a thing there are several leagues around the country Sometimes called senior women’s basketball.

I don’t think they have anything organized in Utah but if I like the idea of it I’m going to look into it

when you think about it there is some really good movement like squats, eye hand coordination, shoulder arm stretches to sink the ball etc.— all stuff I’m supposed to be doing. 🏀.

I know we are in different time zones and I wish you all a good day or good evening and please take time for self-care today you are important and you deserve it. 🌺Michaela.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Morning all. Just taking a few minutes to check in with y'all. Happy to report that we have had zero ill effects from our booster jabs.

Machka: <> I'm with you on the bees. We also practice wildlife friendly gardening. Bees are on the conservation radar in U.K. With so much worldwide habitat destruction, they need all the help they can get. They are a vital part of the food chain. The purple bush you have may be a buddleia.
    vykjo5mwfda7.jpg

Tracey: <> Enjoy your weekend. And especially the pedicure. Michaela is adorable. My Michaela is 55 next month 😂 and still adorable.
    Lisa: <> 'It was a day of two steps forward and one back. At least that produces a forward motion 😂 Even if it did tire you out.
    Heather: <> Bravo on getting to grips with uploading your memoir.

Breakfast time, I think.

Have a great day.

Today, when I started driving away from one of the checkpoints on the cycling route after the riders had gone through, my husband pointed out that there was a bee on the windscreen. I went slowly until the wind caught it and blew it off not too far from wherever its home was. :)

That does look kind of like the bush ... these are a couple photos I've taken our bush. I should take a picture of the whole thing!

qg0pzvngcxms.png
    bgk8ccydfxyn.png

Machka in Oz

Your leaves are different. It looks more like a hebe.

eno52m25dtdm.jpeg
    kv9jxwsxfpm2.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN/AZ—The Northern lights were stunning. Thanks for sharing. :star:

Barbara – In our grocery stores most people are masked including staff and customers. DH concurs. We have not noticed unmasked people in a while. :noway:

I look forward to yoga today. My doctor has set me up with physical therapy for a knee injury. I am still trying to connect with the therapist.

Katla in windy NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I skipped yoga after all. I’m cold & want to stay at home today. <3

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    MA_B good job getting four dogs to sit still for a picture! They look adorable!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    my friend who has a winery and weather station there dumped her rain gauge for the last time yesterday around 10 pm and the total so far to that point was 12 inches in 30 hrs. There are some winters where we don't get that much for the full winter. Waiting for her to post how much she got over night- it stormed really hard most of the night. She lives just a few miles from mom(an hour away from me).
    Took the bird feeder down- full of mushy bird seed and my bucket of seed didn't have the lid on tight and it was half full of water- at least there was only a small amount of feed in it- heading over to pick up fresh feed now. I have an extra/new bird feeder I can use while the other two dry out.
    This was yesterday afternoon- the park my friend and I walk at- won't be walking there for a while-