WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    DRINKS The tiniest dollop of milk in my coffee makes me sneeze and sniffle.

MUSICALS - I am not really into them now, but we had albums of lots of musicals when I was a kid and both my older sister and older brother were in musicals in high school. We knew all the words to all the songs in some of the musicals. So I like the music of some of the old ones more than the actual show i'd say. Ones that come to mind: from another era: Bye bye birdy, guys and dolls, Oklahoma! (I think my sister and brother played in those in high school) Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar. (very hip and trendy when I was a young kid).. and a few top songs from others.

FOOD DELIVERY - I pick up bits from time to time during the week and go about every week or two for to go shopping live, but have them deliver stuff. Free delivery for over 50 euros which is very easy to get to.

HEATHER that is a good does of tea! I think I would not be able to sleep well If I I drank a lot of tea. Nice picture of the family!

BARBARA glad Joe seems better after the visit with the acupuncturist. coffee meet-ups are great in their simplicity and brevity!

MACHKA people are going to jail for not respecting confinement? I have not heard of that here. There have been fines here. That is a short lockdown! I can't quite see the point of such a short one, since there is some delay between catching and developing. Our 1st lockdown was 2+ months and the 2nd one was basically 7 months (all restaurants closed for visit for about 6 or 7 months).

CHERI Congratulations ! nice pictures!

KYLIA I'm sorry about your daughter not giving you news about the kids' events, and them not paying for house (?) how nice for the fish gift. I would love that!

ALLIE Enjoy the wedding!

MICHELE that seems unusual that they had you over and made dinner for selves and you didn't get to say good night. I'm sorry they don't come to visit. When was PJ born again?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    a lot of work on Saturday - some wierdness and stress to deal with.

Lovely day off on Sunday. I hesitated, but went to friends' place for dinner: family of 5 with 3 relatively young kids (ages 4 to 13) plus 4 visitors they could pick up from station in car.

Long leisurely lunch and then walk in forest and then train back. I was beat and crashed at about 9pm. Then woke wide awake at 3am. I listened to some relaxation music online but sleep is not coming back. We had coffee at about 4ish maybe which I usually don't do and that may have influenced the extra early wake up.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I got my stitches out after 10 days and can now take a bath! I was missing that!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,343 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Our bin strike is beginning to affect us. The bins are chock full. The huge piles in the street in town are being dealt with by private contractors, but we are getting a bit desperate out here. No piles yet but ...... They are supposed to be having a 3 day amnesty but I don't know if they'll get round to emptying us. :'(
    The cleaner comes today for the first time in a month and I will have to put the wastepaper bins stuff in the garage.
    Then I have a scheduled phone call with my friend who had the hip replacement. She is still in a lot of pain.
    I slept badly last night. Too much excitement from the kids plus getting to the very last stages of my book. I will take it slowly. :) Baby steps.
    We miss the kids already. Felt very quiet this morning.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    Cycling inside ... our lockdown has ended (except we need to wear masks in public, inside or out, till Friday at 6 pm)

However, it is pouring rain.

w5gyuioegamn.png

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, livestream church, make up T’ai Chi from Friday, learned 5/6ths of GDLL.
    Bonus: Friday: 20 mins grooming Tumble.
    Just one thing: unpacked/packed off season clothes
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make up pack walk from Saturday, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, review SL, learn the right GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: board meeting minutes, call county for tax roll data, e-mail possible grant writing volunteers, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    17: Take a small step towards a positive change you want to see in society: remember to be respectful even when disagreeing.
    18: Set hopeful but realistic goals for the week ahead: minutes, email new grant writers, get out that rain gear and keep making it easier to take vitamins, walk dogs and dance.

Heather, his smile says it all. Happy Birthday Johnny!
    Lisa your favorite musicals are mine too, except I’d add West Side Story. Brigadoon is a real fave but yes to On a Clear Day… I still hear “Come Back To Me!” when I’m whisking anything. :smile:
    Katla ah yes, Covid, another reason I should not have felt obligated to invite acquaintance inside or offer lunch. (forehead smack). “paper tp” :laughing:
    Beth OW!
    Rebecca you tip for carryout service? Yikes, I've never thought to do that. Oops.
    Vicki fingers Xd your new hire works out.
    Mary, sorry, unfamiliar with android phones. Found this in mfp help “Currently Android does not support uploading photos.”
    : https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032624231-How-to-post-a-photo-in-the-forums Sounds like Kylia has a work around, pic from android phone to facebook, then from laptop facebook to mfp? No reflexologists nearby here. :{
    Heather do you use the mfp app on your android or do you go in via the website?
    Machka what about people who, like we do, live more than 5 km from town?
    Pip whose tummy is that? Ah it was puppy Floyd. Impressive housecleaning burn, you and Kylia.
    Barbie would you give us a step by step of how you post pics from your android phone?
    Tracey 300 snow couple ornaments? Well done!!!
    Michele ((hugs))
    Julie hooray for having stitches out!

For the third day in a row, Joe walked Shadow to the mailbox and back. He said it’s getting easier already. I am so impressed with him and grateful for the change.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:17, weigh/wii: 17/3/46; steps>7228=7249 vits=17, log=17, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=13, Tumble=14, Shadow=17, mfp=17, outside=20, up hill=17, clean 10=15.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=3, Mon:SWSY=1.87 , Tue:LD=2 , Wed:TC=1.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=2.1, Fri:TC=2.77, Sat:PW=3, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 :astonished: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=10, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka what about people who, like we do, live more than 5 km from town?
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I imagine they would do like we have done for the past 3 days ... stay home.

We have not left our yard in the past 3 days and haven't minded a bit. :)

We all had 4 hours to get supplies if necessary, before the lockdown started. And I would hope that most people have enough for 3 or 4 days. But if not, then there is the option of delivery.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Beth - how nice to receive flowers. It’s funny, I was a teenager when they were doing away with paper bags and bringing in plastic. My Grandfather was adamant that it was a terrible decision. I can’t remember all of his reasonings but #1 was that paper breaks down and could be disposed of without affecting the environment and plastic would never be good for it. His other reason was that it was putting affecting a whole industry. Forests don’t grow without cutting, thinning and planting again. He would be laughing about the changes being made now.

Yes, and there are always off-cuts, sawdust, etc. Bags aren't made from good quality trees.

My husband was very pleased that our groceries are now delivered in paper bags. He can shred them, like he does with all the paper products we want to dispose of, and use them as mulch. Shredding the paper means we don't have much rubbish. Both our recyclables and regular rubbish go out every other week.

We sold one ornament yesterday. This market is just getting started, I’ll continue with it as it doesn’t affect my time at all except for a few minutes every Saturday morning. I can do it from the comfort of my new chair. I don’t have to lug everything to a market, sit there all day and then not have a sale.

Tracey in Edmonton

Is the online market available all week or just one day?

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Barbara - I always use the website on my phone, accessed via Google as my browser.
    I use the Choose file option. I don't have the app.

Now to go slowly to my book.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara - I always use the website on my phone, accessed via Google as my browser.
    I use the Choose file option. I don't have the app.

Now to go slowly to my book.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Ah, I see. I use the app.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    3pe2qsk1odnp.jpg
    :) I don't use the app because it had too many shortcomings. I use the actual website so I was able to post this photo of Bernie
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Bin strike over! We hope. ;):p
    The council are voting on an agreed deal with the union tomorrow. Thank goodness. It was getting really difficult.

Final edits went well this morning. I keep remembering things to put in. Very nearly there.
    Happy with my work. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    M We can either shred our paper bags and put into our own compost pile or there is a special bin at our leaf compost site that take kitchen scraps and brown paper products. I did they food scraps for a time but then I had trouble with insects. In our bin I put banana peels, coffee grounds, egg shells, and some veggie scraps and some brown paper. The rest of the bags, toilet rolls, and egg cartons I take to the composite site.

It was a busy week with having friends over for one last eat out outside. Son's house is perfect for this. He has a great deck right off the kitchen facing the south side. I have an outside umbrella if the sun is too intense. My friend and I stayed outside until the shade from pine tree next to deck shaded the deck. Then sat in sun room in front of house. I set up my portal massage cushions in this room too. She calls the house my spa house. She also like how I rearranged the bedroom. It appears twice as big. Watching Sell this House for ideas. I am starting to put away things in getting ready to paint Kitchen. It is amazing how much roomier it appears by just clearing spaces.

I cleared the kitchen desk first. I look at it to inspire me to continue clearing. DH will set things down on it because there is a space. I quickly move whatever it is and explain no extra stuff zone. He is quick to complain about all my stuff yet turns a blind eye to his own piles.
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    3pe2qsk1odnp.jpg
    :) I don't use the app because it had too many shortcomings. I use the actual website so I was able to post this photo of Bernie

:heart:

I use the actual website on my laptop.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    Oooooo
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ I feel for you concerning you DH's stuff taking up space. At this time, our dining room and living room are completely covered in my DH's stuff. I just try to not look at it when I pass through.

Question: Does anyone but me not like all the "pumpkin" things that are so much in the news this time of the year?

I grew up on sweet potato pies and not anything pumpkin. Did decorate them when my son was small.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Had a lovely long conversation with my friend this afternoon. I made her laugh a lot, which is the best medicine for pain. :laugh:

Cleaner has gone. House quiet. DH listening to music in his study.

Breathe. Ahhhhh.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx