WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Allie - So pleased it went well. :D<3

Starting to work on the book upload. I get very tense, but one step at a time. Making some progress on all the technical stuff. :#

Picking up Bea from school today. We will see the big ones at the house. I'm preparing a very quick dinner for when we get home. Sausage, bacon, cabbage and sauerkraut.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,808 Member
    Options
    Well i made it to the airport in one piece lol
    I dont like driving in the dark ,in an unfamiliar place, in the fog,and trying to park a rental car in a parking garage.. let me tell you it was a long haul from the parking garage to the terminal to the Delta counter ,to get wheelchair assist but it has been a God send for sure..
    I was able to find a decent Nashville sweatshirt at Airport ..
    It took me the whole time to get all the kids names straight lol but all adorable just the same and got hugs from them all before they left yesterday
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Even before the council has signed on the dotted line, our bins have been collected! We heard the dulcet tones of the glass collector early this morning, then the recycling and, glory be, the rubbish rubbish. :D:D:D
    We just made it through without overspill.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    5be8f6mq9bid.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Heather: <> great photos of the grands.

Shopping/bags. <> We shop very early on Wednesday mornings during senior hour.
    We use a self scanner for our main grocery shop, packing our own food in reusable fabric bags as we go. I have reusable mesh bags for loose veg/fruit, and an insulated bag for fresh/frozen perishable. We carry fabric bags in both cars. I started using my own bags about 20 years ago.

☘️Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,808 Member
    Options
    Well I got safely from Nashville to Atlanta,now waiting to board for the last leg home.. of course im getting back to the airport right in time for rush hour lol,oh well..
    Im telling you if i ever travel again ,im doing it this way.. was a wonderful experience.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Kim in N. California, please tell me the cop did a dance for you later..... That's where my brain went! There's something about a guy in uniform. But the better thing is seeing a guy outta uniform! For me its the part where he is hanging things up while hanging.....well you get the picture. There's a whole lot of hanging going on!πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘.
    And yes my brain sang that..
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Heather, you know you're in a group long when you can spot a friend's husband before they even tell you where they are in the photo.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ‘. I can spot his grin and long stature!😁. That is a crowded place! Your dinner choices sounded yummy.πŸ’–
    Glad your rubbish woes got sorted out. Nice to see a system when a company is in crisis, gets heard, and new policies get enacted.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Allie-A couple of years ago, friends and I went on a trip together. The flight was over 10 hours. We all sat down just before boarding and put on compression socks. None of us were 50 at the time. Those are a gift on long flights and we don’t travel without them anymore, lest we come back with giant ankles. They make them in fun designs these days. No need to feel old or embarrassed.

Tina in CA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kim I thought the same thing as Heather ! You really led a very interesting life!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Her other four-legged sister Bobbie doing her impersonation of a meerkat. And also trying not to look like she cares, but caring enough so spy.πŸ˜πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: Β»
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Debbie what a lot of tomatoes that your mother can’t eat. Has she considered scaling back next year? :love: the candy cane sweetened tea idea!
    [

Joe walked Shadow for the 4th day in a row, I’m so very very grateful for his new afternoon habit.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:18, weigh/wii: 18/3/46; steps>7228=7407 vits=18, log=18, CI<CO=18, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=16, Shadow=16, mfp=16, outside=21, up hill=18, clean 10=15.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=3, Mon:SWSY=3 , Tue:LD=2 , Wed:TC=1.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=2.1, Fri:TC=2.77, Sat:PW=3, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 :astonished: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=11, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

mom is just as of this weekend thinking about scaling back, beings the neighbors who said they would help never did. So much gone to waste and others never grew because it didn't get watered- just too much for her to do on her own- remembering what got watered when.
    Try the candycane- let me know if you like it. I enjoy it on cold rainy nights.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    What would be the first few things you'd do if you won over a million dollars, pounds, euro in the lottery?

Buy a house back in my hometown and stop working so I could spend as much time as I want with mom- travel a little- would love to take her places. Dad never wanted to travel because as a kid, he and the family of 10 kids plus his parents plus a couple aunts/uncles/cousins spent his whole childhood traveling in the back of a truck, picking what ever crops were ready at the time.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    J
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    ☘️