WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    Well i slept until 8 eastern time i think im recovered from last night.. had a great time..
    Im so glad that i didnt have to fly out today.and was smart enough to take an extra day before flying home..
    Going to run errands with my cousin Bridget
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather – Good news that the Bin Strike is over!!! On the subject of cleaners, we fired ours. They were charging more than ever and doing shoddy work. Our next door neighbor also fired them for the same reason. :grumble:

Snowflake – We bought durable plastic bags for grocery shopping and use them over and over again. I love trees and hate to see them wasted to create paper bags. It is true that paper bags can be composted. Durable plastic bags from purchased at the grocery store can be reused and recycled. I don’t know whether there is a right or wrong choice between them. :flowerforyou:

I am enjoying the sight of two river otters who are fishing in full view of our windows. They’re putting a smile on my face.

My doctor has approved physical therapy for my damaged knee. YAY! I still plan to go to yoga regularly. We will be travelling to VA in November, so both PT and yoga will be on hold until we come home.

Katla

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Hooray Mary!!!!!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx :D
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)Mary great picture and congrats for persisting until you got a solution and could post a picture
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It worked! Now I just have to remember my password!! It is the app on my phone that doesn't work. Thanks again for everybody's help!!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Well we are just going to leave now ,got here around 8:30 this morning everyone still sleeping.. Deitra,Britney and there spouses and kids are gone so its super quiet..but got hugs from all of those little ones all of the adorable..
    Aunt Shirley is enjoying some time out on the from porch with my cousins wife Sheila and ,We will be back in a few hrs
    Oh my word riding with my cousin is such a hoot.. we are stopping at hotel to pick up Sarahs wedding dress,then have to drop off linens and a few other errands im get a few laughs
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    Heard and saw a large flock of geese flying overhead this morning while I was out feeding horses and goats. Funny thing is they were headed north. I would have expected them to be headed south this time of year.

Beth - be careful. I find it really hard to judge percentage of weight bearing except when I am in the water.

Mary - Good picture!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Mary - Google will remember your password. If you ask it to.
    I have all my passwords on an app. Notes, I think it's called. I have also used it for notes and ideas for my blurb etc. It carries over when I change phones. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ You and your daughter could be twins!

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Worked then the landscape guy was here so I didn’t go to bowling. He left around 1 so I was able to get in a walk.

Tracey – I remember reading a book called “101 Ways to Save the Earth” and I was amazed at how many of the things they recommended my grandmother did!

M – that delivery charge of $19.95 a month for me would definitely NOT be worth it. I only use the delivery from them once every few months. I usually need certain foods during the week or for the next week and most times it doesn’t come close to $35. So it would not be worth it for me. At 1.88 per delivery, I’d have to have an order delivered once/week. It’s worth it more for me to just go to the store for the few items I need. I don’t know how I’d feel about a lockdown such as yours. From what you are telling us, it just seems to me that the government is running your life. Prison for not adhering????? I think that’s a bit radical. I’d like to be treated like an adult who can think, not need someone to think for me.

Julie – I very seldom wear a mask right now. Maybe it’s because when I had to wear a mask, my throat would get so dry that I would drink. Even tho I don’t have to wear it, maybe my body is just so used to my drinking that that’s the reason. PJ was 2 in May. Congrats on the bath! I’m sure that feels really great.

The landscaper took out all the large bushes. Boy, it really looks different. He’s going to have another guy come and grind down a few of the stumps so he can plant. Then another guy is going to come here to talk about plants. I was assured that the plants would be in this year. I mentioned that we put up the “fence” for Halloween and it stays up until Christmas, so they’re going to do the seeding in March.

Heather – my girlfriend in Switzerland has to use a trash compactor. Do you? Great news that the strike is over

Mary – lovely picture

Allie – your happiness just abounds in your posts

Ceramics tonight.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Beth - It truly is amazing that we have so many records of our loved ones these days. I have lots of videos, but, because I take them, my relatives will have fewer of me. :p I find a video expresses so much more of a person. I have a very treasured one of my friend Ros. It's hard to watch, I miss her so, but it brings her alive. <3<3<3
    Sometimes it's good to indulge ourselves in our grief. We need to.
    Love to you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    7e0jgjvs6zja.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    B) still here.

RvRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 41min 10sec, 84elev, 3.01ap, 82ahr, 97mhr, 5.11mi= 476c
    Strava app = 616c
    Walk to gym- 11.43min, .51mi= 46c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 6min 52sec, 1st 3mi at 5.5sp, on chorus up to 5.7sp, on next 4mi, up to 5.7sp and on chorus up to 5.9sp, last 1/2mi, from 5.9-6.1sp, 10.15min mi, 154ahr, 180mhr, 7.5mi= 754c
    Walk gym to home- 13.35min, .64mi= 56c
    Strava app = 77c

Total 1332. Increased miles by 1-1/2 so ran 7.5mi
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Just some of the tomatoes we picked yesterday. I picked a bunch more on Saturday while mom napped. Thankful for a friend who came out yesterday to help pick. Still so much left on the plants that will rot because of the rain.
    Worked so much yesterday that mom and I forgot to eat- didn't eat anything(had tea in the morning) until I cooked dinner for the three of us yesterday evening. Roasted chicken, baked potatoes, green salad, fresh picked broccoli.
    Made what was supposed to be salsa with part of the first tomatoes I picked but because I used the cherry tomatoes, it is too sweet the way it is. My friend tried it and said it would be great marinara sauce. I will add some meat to it and try that and the other I will try to add some vinegar and more jalapenos to get it more like salsa. LOTS of work and so disappointing. Mom came in yesterday and said she knew it would be sweet because of the tomatoes I used but didn't say anything the whole day it was cooking. She can't eat tomatoes(or a bunch of other things now on her anti-inflamitory diet). She also had me cook it then told me yesterday that when she made it she didn't cook it first before canning. I had told her I wanted to do it fresh when I got there Friday but she talked me out of it. Now she feels bad for misleading me so going to make a batch for me.

nm6my13kncll.png

Now to get caught up on reading here-7 pages to read plus get things done around here. It was so nice not having to get up really early to be home for the daycare girl- I just had to be back in town by noon.(got home at 11:15 then unloaded. Got to the school right on time.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    A few of our ornaments. We do have a FB page with pictures of a lot of our work. Prices are on them for the virtual market tomorrow. I’m not trying to sell them here. 🙂
    9y53vivb6y87.jpeg
    vh2pv49o3f9l.jpeg
    bsohkjzfo8hj.jpeg
    spn97khmocp3.jpeg
    noms9id8h4f2.jpeg
    ugmbtrnnf8at.jpeg
    rahnrhecdaqh.jpeg
    encq5dyeul9r.jpeg
    8xtv2lsv1ur5.jpeg
    60d455gf9xo6.jpeg

I LOVE the ornaments- the button ones are so totally cute- Thanks for sharing them
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Gilad’s Step and Tone DVD then went for my walk. It seems that now that I don’t do a lot of formal exercise, it doesn’t take as long for my heartrate to go up and it takes longer for it to come down. I guess in the end that isn’t such a terrible thing.

Work tomorrow. The guy to do the landscaping is supposed to be here. So vince will be here when he gets here and I’ll come home later. Depending how long it takes him will depend if I go to bowling or not. I do want to be here while he’s here. Hope he does the front yard so that we can start on the Halloween decorations.

Allie – yes, you’re going to be happily exhausted. Have a great time!

Kylia – what is it with kids today? When we were at Denise’s last, she made a pizza then took some for her and Pete upstairs. Vince and I sat there wondering what we were going to do for dinner. Then we realized we needed to go out. It’s not like we know very many places up there, either. She never said “would you like some” or anything, just took her pizza and PJ upstairs. We didn’t even get to say good night to him. Pete said he thought there was some for us. Two pieces for two adults????? So I understand your frustration! Denise has never been here since PJ was born. Not once. We’ll invite her this year, saying that maybe she’ll come here since we couldn’t go up there in Sept.. But I’m sure she won’t come

barbie – there was only one time when I couldn’t use my own bag. That was at the start of this pandemic. For the last year or so, I haven’t had any problem using my own bag. Either I will bag my groceries or a store employee will.

Cut the “weeds” today. So far I’ve logged over 10,000 steps. A friend of ours is having an open house for her new place and we will go. Personally, I don’t think I’d do something like this. I’m going to take her a loaf of sourdough bread. Her husband passed away this past December. But to me, having an open house looks like you’re saying that you want a gift. Well, if she doesn’t have a problem, neither do I

A while ago I bought what I thought was an entire sheet set at the Salvation Army. Well, I opened it today and it was just the top sheet. That’s frustrating when someone donates something and misleads you. At least I had the sheet set I got for $11 so we’re going to use that. I'm redonating the sheet but with a note that it contains only the top sheet.

Beth – it used to be that if your order was over $35, WalMart would deliver it for free. Now they changed it. You have to purchase their WalMart + which is $19.95 per month. There is no way I’m going to make it worth it. Or you could pay $98 annually. I tell you, the WalMart around here is getting pretty expensive (for WalMart)

Rebecca – can you fill your own bags?

Went to the open house. It was nice. Now making a loaf of sourdough bread. I’m thinking that the temp for the oven showed what I put in not what it was at. So to make the bread look decent and to be sure it baked, I’m adding extra time. I’ll probably keep that loaf for us.

Michele NC

Only at the area where you scan them as well. If we have a few items its no problem, we scan them, but cart full you let them bag them.
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, its the custom for all commissary baggers to get tips, because there's signs that say they work for tips only. Some give $5, and I am sure some give even more. The baggers at the commissary in California would slap their hand and say, "give me more", when we gave them $1 or $2 tip. They were really rude, and when colors would play, law dictated that you stop and face the flag. They would be chatting with their friends, or pushing someone's cart out, completely oblivious. I would yell at them, " Stop" then make the motion hand over heart.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA