WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth - We use durable plastic bags as much as possible. I feel bad about wasting trees. I don’t feel guilty about using paper tp, though. 😳
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Im back at the hotel and lying down for just a bit.. ive been on my feet so much my ankles look like balloons which is not good.
    Darn it I should have brought the sweater dress I bought for the wedding in the first place oh well.. I did find a Nashville Sweathsirt in my usual size and bought it and of course it didnt fit,ugh... so will bring it back tomorrow..im not going to mess with it today..the wedding isnt until 4:30 but they want family I guess including me to be there an hour early do ill be there..
    Silly me I had a card with cash all set for them all set and i thought I had packed it,and I couldn't find it to save my life ,so luckily i had enough to buy another card and put cash in for the wedding..
    Im hoping tomorrow will be alot less crazy.. I know Doug will be flying he is a pilot for UPS and will be retiring in December. He does overnights and the older girls and kids will be going back to Knoxville ,for soccer and back for normal family life so it will calm down,my cousin Mike and Shiela fly out in the morning,but im so glad I took an extra day.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Mary I too have an Android. It doesn't share pictures easily.

Planting mums led to weeding g flower beds which led to repotting house plants which led to moving them inside for winter which led to cleaning off the deck which led to cleaning the table after cleaning ceiling fan which led to spraying home defense which led me to washing furnace and air purifier filters. None of which were on my list other than planting mums! Feeling accomplished but tired. Off to clean kitchen and figure out food (I'm hungry)

🤣
    Kylia in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Allie-Sounds like you re having a blast!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip - Is this sweet blond pup a new member of your family? What a cutie. :heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    We have reusable bags. We have an insulated one, that is sturdy but is smaller than the rest. The bag ladies always seem to pack that with every cold related items, just packing it! I always try to tell them to use it like all the other bags, we are literally 7 minutes from home, but they never listen. We always have to have the dollar tip for them to push their cart of our bags to the car. Its a weird system, but thats the military for ya! There is one retired guy that works there, and he doesn't know how to load items into a bag, its squished tomatoes, or mangled loaves of bread. We pay his dollar, but then we tell him to load the bags into our cart, and we push it out. He has trouble walking poor guy.

On day two of eating my chicken pasta. A bit too adventurous making it, and made a bit too much!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Well my eating is out of control. I know it is stress and not sleeping. Important thing is I am not giving up.

I am working 6a-6p today. My new person starts on Tuesday and then I will have full staff. Hope it works this time. I did watch church on my phone. Glad to be able to do that.

Allie--Glad your trip is going well and you are getting lots of family time. Sounds like just what you needed.

Cheri--Happy 38th anniversary!

Sue--Sorry for the drama with your sister. Funerals bring out the worst in people. Most of my siblings are still not talking and mom has been gone 5 years. Sorry I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Tracey---Thanks for sharing and I wish you good luck with on line. They are so cute and should sell well.

Heather--What fun and great memories. Love the crown and smile on dH.

ON WHAT I DRINK--I drink Dt Coke or Dt Dr Pepper with cherry and days I work a bottle of flavored water. I have tired giving up the soda and doesn't go well long term.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    I post from an Android phone no problem. You might have to give permissions. I use the scenery icon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 21min 21sec, vacuum, dusting, laundry = 653c
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did Gilad’s Step and Tone DVD then went for my walk. It seems that now that I don’t do a lot of formal exercise, it doesn’t take as long for my heartrate to go up and it takes longer for it to come down. I guess in the end that isn’t such a terrible thing.

Work tomorrow. The guy to do the landscaping is supposed to be here. So vince will be here when he gets here and I’ll come home later. Depending how long it takes him will depend if I go to bowling or not. I do want to be here while he’s here. Hope he does the front yard so that we can start on the Halloween decorations.

Allie – yes, you’re going to be happily exhausted. Have a great time!

Kylia – what is it with kids today? When we were at Denise’s last, she made a pizza then took some for her and Pete upstairs. Vince and I sat there wondering what we were going to do for dinner. Then we realized we needed to go out. It’s not like we know very many places up there, either. She never said “would you like some” or anything, just took her pizza and PJ upstairs. We didn’t even get to say good night to him. Pete said he thought there was some for us. Two pieces for two adults????? So I understand your frustration! Denise has never been here since PJ was born. Not once. We’ll invite her this year, saying that maybe she’ll come here since we couldn’t go up there in Sept.. But I’m sure she won’t come

barbie – there was only one time when I couldn’t use my own bag. That was at the start of this pandemic. For the last year or so, I haven’t had any problem using my own bag. Either I will bag my groceries or a store employee will.

Cut the “weeds” today. So far I’ve logged over 10,000 steps. A friend of ours is having an open house for her new place and we will go. Personally, I don’t think I’d do something like this. I’m going to take her a loaf of sourdough bread. Her husband passed away this past December. But to me, having an open house looks like you’re saying that you want a gift. Well, if she doesn’t have a problem, neither do I

A while ago I bought what I thought was an entire sheet set at the Salvation Army. Well, I opened it today and it was just the top sheet. That’s frustrating when someone donates something and misleads you. At least I had the sheet set I got for $11 so we’re going to use that. I'm redonating the sheet but with a note that it contains only the top sheet.

Beth – it used to be that if your order was over $35, WalMart would deliver it for free. Now they changed it. You have to purchase their WalMart + which is $19.95 per month. There is no way I’m going to make it worth it. Or you could pay $98 annually. I tell you, the WalMart around here is getting pretty expensive (for WalMart)

Rebecca – can you fill your own bags?

Went to the open house. It was nice. Now making a loaf of sourdough bread. I’m thinking that the temp for the oven showed what I put in not what it was at. So to make the bread look decent and to be sure it baked, I’m adding extra time. I’ll probably keep that loaf for us.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, we have been using curbside pickup for almost a year. We select our groceries online and choose a pickup time. Then at the pickup time, we drive to the grocery store and call and tell them and they bring the stuff to the car. I love it. We shop at QFC but I have a friend who does the same thing at WalMart and another who shops at Safeway. I plan ahead and order only once a week so I don't have to pay a charge (over $35 is free pickup).

:) Washington has been more strict than many states about safety protocols which is why bringing my own bags wasn't an option when I was going into the store. Now that we use curbside pickup, they put our purchases in paper bags. I got to use my own bag at Walgreens but I had to hold my bag and put my purchases in the bag myself.

:) We have enough rain to make the ground happy but not so much to ruin the long walks I take with the dogs.

:) I post pictures easily from my android phone and from my computer.

:) Today we went out early to pick up groceries and drop off glass at the recycling bins. Later we went out to drop our November 2 ballots in the ballot box, buy gasoline for the car (last time was Sept. 1), and go through the pharmacy drive through to get Jake's prescriptions.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Barbara thanks for answering my question!! I am trying to post from an Android phone. I have tried both the picture and the camera and I can open my photos but when I click on it for select it never posts! Just wondering if I need to go somewhere and get permission to use my phone? I used to be able to do it right from my iPhone but now that I have the Android it doesn't work! Has Joe tried a reflexologist?? They work on your feet and it actually can help with nerve pain. My husband goes to a reflexologist all the time for nerve pain. It really helps him!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

I don't think you can post photos from your phone. I know I haven't been able to ... but the last time I tried was 6 months or more ago. I may have to try again.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Heather - I see you and Johnny are having so much fun with the Grands!
    We have sold probably close to 300 of the snow couple ornaments. We personalize all of our ornaments and a lot of people use them for engagement, first Christmas together or married.

Machka - Enjoy your break! I’m thinking of taking a few days soon too. It’s been too long.

Kim - what a great find! I watched the TV series Halt and Catch Fire. It was about the development of computers and video games in the Silicon Valley. Now I imagine you designing lots of software, working crazy hours and people backstabbing each other all around you. 😂

Beth - how nice to receive flowers. It’s funny, I was a teenager when they were doing away with paper bags and bringing in plastic. My Grandfather was adamant that it was a terrible decision. I can’t remember all of his reasonings but #1 was that paper breaks down and could be disposed of without affecting the environment and plastic would never be good for it. His other reason was that it was putting affecting a whole industry. Forests don’t grow without cutting, thinning and planting again. He would be laughing about the changes being made now.

Cheri - Happy Anniversary

Sue - I can’t imagine how I would handle your sister if I were in your shoes. Hugs to you, it makes a difficult time even worse.

Barbara - I had acupuncture a few years ago and it did wonders. Happy to hear it’s working for Joe.

Kylia - I hope you and your daughter have a nice talk and things work out. It’s so hard when money and tension interrupts family relationships.

I drink bottled water since moving to Leduc. The water here is awful, like you I believe it’s old pipes, but from the city not the house.

Barbie - We are allowed to use our own bags again too, but we have to pack them ourselves.

We sold one ornament yesterday. This market is just getting started, I’ll continue with it as it doesn’t affect my time at all except for a few minutes every Saturday morning. I can do it from the comfort of my new chair. I don’t have to lug everything to a market, sit there all day and then not have a sale.

I went into work this afternoon. It took me 3 hours 45 minutes to do what usually takes me 8 hours to get done because of all of the interruptions. It will make my day easier tomorrow to have this completed.

I came home and called my MIL. She is one of my most favourite people. We talked for over an hour. I wish we lived closer. I so enjoy our life here in Alberta and know it would be completely different if we had stayed in NB, but I sure feel like we missed out a lot by moving and I’ll forever regret not having closer relationships because of it.

After talking to my MIL I decided yo just be lazy for a change. I did some laundry and have settled into my chair to watch a new show I’ve been recording called Ordinary Joe, I’m really enjoying it. It’s a “what if” show it shows how this mans life would go depending on the decisions he makes. It’s very good.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    edited October 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Beth – it used to be that if your order was over $35, WalMart would deliver it for free. Now they changed it. You have to purchase their WalMart + which is $19.95 per month. There is no way I’m going to make it worth it. Or you could pay $98 annually. I tell you, the WalMart around here is getting pretty expensive (for WalMart)

Michele NC

So if you want delivery each week, you pay $98? That comes out to $1.88 for delivery!! Not bad at all! :)

Our weekly groceries cost us about $150 on average.

M in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Denise Austin’s Ultimate Fat Burning DVD then took a walk. Very brisk out but it felt good. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Gilad Step and Tone DVD

Tracey – one of the reasons I don’t care for musicals is because to me they are so fake. How many people, for example, break out in song and dance on the sidewalk? Those ornaments are stunning! So creative! Love the expressions on the snowmen

Julie – I normally drink tap water. But when I’m at the soup kitchen, they only have bottled water so that’s what I have. Ever since we’ve had to wear these (stupid) masks, my throat actually starts to close up when I talk. The hour at the soup kitchen, I’m so busy working and talking, that I normally drink 32oz. I just take a drink of water when I feel my throat close up and I’m fine. As far as what kind of tea – most anything except black tea. Not fond of Earl Grey, either. Is that a black tea, I wonder? Think the last time I had coffee was about 5 years ago. And then I had it at a Marriott Hotel so you know it wasn’t a cheap brand. But I still thought it tasted horrible. That’s probably because I hadn’t had coffee for about 2 years before then.

Kylia OH – so sorry for your friend’s mother. Vince is on coumadin. Yup, Vince is on a CPAP, too.

Cheri – happy anniversary

Church and by the time we had dinner it was too dark to go for a walk. Gawd, I hate this time of year. Have another loaf of sourdough in the oven.

Vince wants to cut the grass (aka weeds) tomorrow.

Michele NC

Michele you think it's the mask that makes your throat close up? would it be dryness?

I don't feel that but I feel a bit nauseous and like I can't breathe when I have to wear mask for long inside, when it's warm or when there are a fair amount of people. I thus avoid the library, shopping that takes a long time (anything more than food shopping or picking else something up quickly), museums, etc.

Coffee and tea tend to be acquired tastes I think (bitter). I drank coffee when I was about 20 and then gave it up and barely drank it from age 20 till about age 50. I think it's similar with tea. I used to only drink herb tea but an acupuncturist once recommended I drink green tea, about 15 years ago. I remember at first I didn't really like it but now I do. I like black tea, less, but can drink it in a pinch if there is nothing else. Quality makes a huge difference. I usually get lowest prices option organic green tea in bulk. Lipton can't compare. Earl grey tends to be black tea but could be green tea. (its bergamot added to tea). What's sold as earl grey (is Lipton for example) is often artificially flavoured an really different from "real" flavoured earl grey. I used to drink that until a British friend pointed out the difference and now I really notice the "chemical" artificial taste compared to the real thing.
  • Machka9
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Another Getting to Know You Question ...

What would be the first few things you'd do if you won over a million dollars, pounds, euro in the lottery? :):)

M in Oz