WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    bqvzor0nrdac.png

Lots of birds out there ... many little ones too. Baby fluffies! :)

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🍂🍁🍂🍁
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    csofled wrote: »
    I have some big news to share!
    My husband will be resigning/semi retiring from his position at Texas A & M in January of this coming year. We will then be moving to Virginia!!!
    Cheri
    College Station, TX
    where in virginia

We are going to start looking in Midlothian.

Mind you Ros and I made the decision to move to Virginia. Mitch is coming along! LOL We will be looking for a house for all of us. A mother-in-law suite for Ros or split level with lower level set up for Ros (bedroom, living space, full bath). Not sure this is a possibility but we will look and decide.

I have loved Virginia ever since my older brother and his wife set up home there when I was a senior in high school. I then attended UVA and met Mitch there and continued to love it there. Visiting Ros the 2 years she lived there just further set my desire in motion to end up there at some point in time. My niece and her family live in Powhatan and my other niece lives in northern Virginia with my brother in Suffolk!

I'll be seeing ya soon enough Karen!! :)<3

Cheri

Welcome home, Cheri. I am beyond excited!

-K

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am delighted to hear that my math was bad!!! The worst part is I did it twice !!!! This is why I have a bookkeeper and a Tax accountant.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    jijdr5ekz9xw.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri – Congratulations on your DH’s retirement and your upcoming move to Virginia. :heart:

Pip – Great photo of Kirby and Yogi on the beach. Where was the photo taken? Do I see tall evergreens and palm trees in the same area? It looks like you’re having a good time. :smile:

I have Physical Therapy this morning on my left knee. I tripped on concrete steps and fell on it. I’m a bit nervous about the physical therapy today. I’ve never had PT before. I was referred by my doctor and set up for two therapy sessions. The first is this morning and the second is on November 11. After that, we fly off to Virginia to visit our son and his family. They are getting ready for a new baby. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon at 7:45 am where it is still dark.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, added 5 mins to SWSY, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: checked in fire hall, got fence estimate for grant proposal
    Just one thing: gritted teeth and invested 10 mins excavating sewing machine
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, brush pile/burn barrel, make up 30 mins LAST Tuesday’s line dancing (practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL,) backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m So Used to Being Broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    1: Make a list of new things you want to do this month: cut torn sheets and practice sewing; try recipes containing Harisa; learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m So Used to Being Broke).
    2: Respond to a difficult situation in a different way: Hear Joe about Shadow without taking it personally. Whoosh love to them both. Pray.

Maybe it WAS the sauerkraut, down 3.3 lbs yesterday.

Heather con VERY grats on Hovarian Author of the Month. Going outside your comfort zone earned a reward that will bear many dividends. Including “Well I NEVER” to BBC Sussex Radio interviewer? Brilliant!
    Welcome @DisneyBound22 Dis in WI. Yes to those goals. It’s what you do every day that counts.
    Julie, sounds like you need a break. Take whatever you need, a walk, a nap, a look at what you’ve already accomplished. Always easier to re-start after a refresh.
    Rori ((hugs)) At that favorite restaurant, hope any tears that flow are gentle.
    Katla and pip, figured out what to do with the Halloween candy, bought but definitely not needed. Drop if off at the firehall, those young’uns can burn it off :laugh:
    Welcome @socialdogmom Annie in SoCal, and congratulations on being on track 55 days in a row. VERY well done. Tell us about your social dog?
    The very happiest of birthdays to you Mary from AZ/MN. And boy, that husband of yours is a keeper!
    Vicki hope you have the magic words to get those two to work well together. Everyone deserves a conducive, supportive, positive and safe work environment.
    Flea, do you find continuing to work burdensome, or a welcome distraction, or ? Prayers for the 12th and thereafter.
    Carol did same as you about Heather’s book, and for the same reason. ;}
    Sue in WA Safe travels.
    Wow Cheri, congratulations! Good hunting!
    Allie you sure know how to treat installers right! Seems like your board would better serve the community by finding ways to help their disabled residents, like to move heavy things, rather than be in haste to fine/reprimand. Praying they have a change of heart.
    Welcome @Natalie2950 Natalie in Belfast! Con very grats for two weeks on track.
    Machka :love: the November prayers. Resting grouchy face and Sheldon Cooper when beaming=snorted water all over the desk. Thanks! I resemble those remarks. :rotflmao:
    Tracey hope your friend’s truck had heat… and music. Love the poster’s sense of humor.
    Kay con VERY gratulations on your metabolic reboot success!
    KJ with all that water, water, water, you’ll be walk, walk, running to the lav more and more every day ;)
    Annie in DE did the Dr. notice your mom’s confusion? Will s/he consult with you privately?
    Kim, excel formulas are my friends ;)

A question for all you dog lovers out there. Our Shadow has a persistent lick granuloma. We have an appointment with a vet next week, hope there is an underlying something that he can find and fix. Meanwhile she lives in the ComfyCone which makes us sad. Joe saw me send Shadow to her “cave!” for breakfast, as I do every day. He asked why, since I could train her so well to cave/sit/down/stay/come/play chase, I couldn’t train her not to lick her ankle. I have no clue how to do this. Any suggestions?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:1, weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>7391= vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=1, Shadow=1, mfp=, outside=1, up hill=,1 clean 10=, excavate 5=2.
    wkly: Sun:W=, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD= , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 mnthly: board mtg= , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Poor Shadow
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Poor Shadow...
    We have local elections for First Selectman and board of selectman and other local offices so went and voted. Actually the one I voted for graduated with my son Dan.. and I graduated with his uncle..
    Im over here at Toms with Alfie and Homer and bless his heart he is 15 1/2 and is a happy to see me ,sitting up talking to me and meerkatting like he did when he was younger and telling me of his adventures down in Florida. Lol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Barbara, we talked to the doctor about my mom's confusion and memory decline. She is headed for a memory evaluation, but first she needs some blood labs done and a CT scan of her head. She took her blood pressure this morning, but by the time we found the book to write it down we had both forgotten the number! Next she has to take a half pill with lunch. There's always something. It's not easy getting old!

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1737317ornmaif849.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Brought in most of the Halloween decorations. The inflatables should dry pretty quickly since we really didn’t have any significant rain since we put them up. On the other side...the ground was so hard that Vince had to use a crowbar to get one of the stakes up.

Did my usual when giving out Halloween candy so I’m not tempted. Popped ½ cup of air popped popcorn

Barbara – we got Lexi shortly after we bought the house, so she’s been here for 13 years.

Yea Heather for being author of the month. You are going places with the interview

Welcome back everyone coming back!

M - YIKES the gas prices

At work today they asked me if I would like some grits and livermush. YUK!! I’ve never had livermush and don’t intend to ever have it

Rebecca – I just saw on facebook that PJ is in a toddler bed. I’m wondering if they’re not trying to rush things?

Katla – there is no way we’re getting new phones yet! Our old ones work, and that’s what’s important.

Carol – hope the eye heals quickly. Sorry you didn’t get the meds early enough

Mary – congrats and happy birthday

Cheri – wow! Lots of upheaval in your life. Where in VA will be be moving to – do you know?

Natalie – welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Tuesday here: after work went to Food Lion for milk then went with Vince for his allergy shot, stopped at the Salvation Army then WalMart. They didn’t have the ice cream Steve likes (I thought for sure they would) so had to go back to Food Lion. Was talking to the woman who hired me there and told her how happy I was and for one thing that to a certain extent I can make my own hours. Like in a few weeks I have a MD appt so I can go in at 5:30 to do my work. The important thing is that it gets done. Another day I have a fasting blood test to go to so I can go in at 7:30. As long as the work is done. She was saying how they (FL) don’t have that luxury and some people will take advantage. Yes, but a good manager would see who is taking advantage and have a talking to with them. Ceramics tonight

katie – I’m in awe. Good for you!

Katla – thinking of you at your PT

Rinsed out my BK shirt. It was starting to smell like BK. Really, normally I’m only there about 3 to 4 hours, I could probably go a few more days before washing it out. However, with that smell…..

Rebecca – before we know it, we won’t even find you!!!!

Going to help Vince take in the Halloween lights.

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    B)