What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Curious... for those who aren't huggers... when someone online says *sending you hugs* - does that feel offensive/intrusive? Or are virtual hugs different?

Completely different. <3

I feel RL hugs have an expectation following the act or maybe it's just the people I know. And growing up, my family weren't really huggers. My sister and I love each other and are close but hardly ever hug. I hug my kids. My dogs. Dh. The list is short. :)
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm a hugger but usually with specific people. I also give VERY good hugs when i'm about it. ALSO i've definately hugged a person or two in here that have said they're not huggers
    I'm a hugger but usually with specific people. I also give VERY good hugs when i'm about it. ALSO i've definately hugged a person or two in here that have said they're not huggers

with consent that is.

Its true

Edit: you’re uniquely huggable 🤔
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

with consent that is.

Its true

Edit: you’re uniquely huggable 🤔

9il1b5bi0dmb.gif
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I’m not a hugger because it’s too intimate. My SOs get drowned in hugs. Everyone else, it just seems weird.

😘🤗

😱<- scared of hugs

You’ll learn to love them.🤗🤗
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Curious... for those who aren't huggers... when someone online says *sending you hugs* - does that feel offensive/intrusive? Or are virtual hugs different?

Completely different. <3

I feel RL hugs have an expectation following the act or maybe it's just the people I know. And growing up, my family weren't really huggers. My sister and I love each other and are close but hardly ever hug. I hug my kids. My dogs. Dh. The list is short. :)

What kind of expectation?

Like cronuts?

ngqqjqffo2z5.jpg
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    I fully enjoy massages of the shoulders, such as you can get at a mall kiosk. Full-body massages don't creep me out, but I can never fully relax during them, so their intended purpose is lost on me.

Back to the question of "what irks you today," I was quite bummed to get done with my leg workout and discover the hot tub was down for maintenance. At my age, time spent soaking in hot water is an essential part to any post- exercise recovery, especially on leg day. Hot showers help, but aren't the same.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Still have DOMS from Monday. This is getting old because it's soon going to overlap with doms from yesterday and then I might as well stay in bed. 😂😭
  • nossmf
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I'm just about ok today, managed to walk downstairs normally instead of sideways 🤣

I still have a vivid memory of my high school days, one gym class spent introducing everybody to weight lifting (hated it at the time, who knew I'd grow to love it fifteen years later). Whoever designed the high school should be dragged out into the street and smacked with a limp spaghetti noodle, because they put the weight room on the second floor, while the locker rooms were in the basement. Everyone (other than the jocks) were a little wobbly going down the stairs after working legs, crowded together as high school students are wont to do, when my legs completely gave way beneath me and I collapsed forward into the person in front of me. Their weakened legs were unable to cope with the unexpected weight, so they in turn fell forward into the next person in line, and so on. Within moments a dozen kids were all sprawled across the stairs, wondering what on Earth just happened, while I wanted to crawl into my backpack and die of shame.
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    Still have DOMS from Monday. This is getting old because it's soon going to overlap with doms from yesterday and then I might as well stay in bed. 😂😭

I feel that I came to this conversation with a different understanding of the word "DOMS" and it's been a very confusing time
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Colleagues who add little but demand much.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    @jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Huggers

Is that why some people tense up when you cuddle them? I mean hug them against their will?😬😔 I thought if I kept hugging them, they would eventually learn to like it? Oh well, most people don’t seem to mind.😁🥰

Yes. It is exactly why some people tense up.
    If people don’t like being hugged it is polite not to hug them without consent. And even with consent some people will still tense up when hugged.

There are many reasons for this reaction. And no, most of us don’t “eventually learn to like it” What we learn to do it put up with it until it’s over (this is a type of masking). But it really truly is not wanted by more people than you might expect. And for some of us physical pain is part of the issue.

Anyhow. Consent. It’s a really good idea.

I was joking around! I’ve never hugged anyone that didn’t open up their arms. Most of the things I post here are meant to be taken lightly. Except when I post the food I prepare or my garden pics. Alright?😉👍🏽
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    i3ly91w2g2rj.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If this thread wasn't (weren't?) 79 pages long, I'd go back and hug every last one of ya!

And I'm irked because I was on a website earlier today and decided not to go through the signing up process but now I need to and I can't find it again.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Browser history to the rescue!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    8am and absolutely nothing yet 😃
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Medication side effects
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    Huggers

Is that why some people tense up when you cuddle them? I mean hug them against their will?😬😔 I thought if I kept hugging them, they would eventually learn to like it? Oh well, most people don’t seem to mind.😁🥰

If people don’t like being hugged it is polite not to hug them without consent. And even with consent some people will still tense up when hugged.

There are many reasons for this reaction. And no, most of us don’t “eventually learn to like it” What we learn to do it put up with it until it’s over (this is a type of masking). But it really truly is not wanted by more people than you might expect. And for some of us physical pain is part of the issue.

I was joking around! I’ve never hugged anyone that didn’t open up their arms. Most of the things I post here are meant to be taken lightly. Except when I post the food I prepare or my garden pics. Alright?😉👍🏽

No worries.
    I do tend to be a touch pedantic sometimes.

My brother in law and his wife are nonconsensual huggers. So sometimes I just get the “not everyone likes that, Karen…” mood going full speed.
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    These freaking doms. STILL gravity falling onto the toilet. 😒

Someone should invent peeing while standing up

Here I was thinking that I was evolved for sitting 🤷
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    Huggers

No worries.
    I do tend to be a touch pedantic sometimes.

My brother in law and his wife are nonconsensual huggers. So sometimes I just get the “not everyone likes that, Karen…” mood going full speed.

I hope you don’t mind my gif hug!😄🤗
    60daky1dxupb.gif
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    tomhq6w3ejy3.png

Edit just under the report... Ugh.. when I hit edit . It goes to report . 😡