WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Evie - We had a long spell of lower then usual river levels but rain has brought the river level closer to usual. Things seem to be more like we are used to seeing. ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just spent 2.5 hours gardening. I did a whole pile of weeding and he laid part of the garden path. Only part because our estimate of the quantity of gravel we needed was off. We'll need about that amount again.

We stopped because there's a thunderstorm going on ... and we were getting tired.

@Snowflake1968 ... in about 2008 in Alberta, I was diagnosed with Tietze syndrome, which is similar to costochondritis, so I've got an idea of what you're feeling. :heart:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Action for Happiness Calendar for November ...
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/november

This month's theme: New Ways November

This month, we're encouraging you to try something new! Learning something new or getting involved in an activity that really absorbs and interests us is great for our wellbeing. Keeping our brains active is not only good for us physically but it can help you feel you are flourishing as you see yourself make progress with a new skill, or just make you smile as you make a mess and decide to start again. :) Being playful and trying new things is important, as is remembering that it's OK not to get it right first time - change "I can't do it", into "I can't do it...yet!" This month's calendar is full of ideas to help you decide what to try next.

eytfelh3v5ax.png

1) New Things I Want To Do This Month
    - actually make progress on my To Do list!! Last month I added things to the list. This month I'd like to cross things off as done!
    - playing piano is still pretty new for me
    - making Christmas ornaments with nail polish
    - having son and daughter-in-law for dinner
    - going camping with husband for first time since accident ... maybe
    - planting flowers

2) Respond To Difficult Situation In New Way
    I'm kind of running out of new ways to respond to my difficult situation. However, one thing I try to do when things are getting difficult is to smile. Evidently I have a resting grouchy face which may make people respond defensively to me ... so I have consciously tried to produce a beaming smile at times. I probably look like Sheldon Cooper when he tries to do that, but that's OK. It's a start.

Lots of gardening this weekend!

avwwrohqugip.png

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline, draft safety and security grant application to chief and board, made up 30 mins Tuesday’s line dancing
    Bonus: emailed hymns, forwarded haz mat transportation accident response training grant email.
    Just one thing: two pictures to donation box
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, dog group, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD), backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, follow up with eye Dr re: Joe’s rx, fire district: submit finalilzed Safety and Security grant app, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    5: Change your normal routine today and see how you feel. Yesterday it was a little harder to make myself do BB&B, ‘cuz I cheated and played solitaire before instead of after ;} Sticking to routine today made it easier to do T’ai Chi.
    6: Try out a new way of being physically active. Hmm. Get down on the floor and do the Meeks Method beginning exercises?

Karen in VA would you remind me how to post gifs from yoursmiles.org. Posted dancing couple by mistake and now can't figure out how to post the "oh well" or shrug.

T and I convoyed to Lone Ranch beach where we parked and watched the king tide waves crash and splash around the rocks. Coastal Coffee Convoy. Since Covid we don’t meet for coffee indoors, instead, we bring our own coffee and take our own cars to park above a beach and chat on our cell phones. There’s no cell coverage at Lone Ranch so Tracey brought walkie talkies. Good to chat and laugh “together” despite the rain and plague.

Just skimmin’ as I’m pooped, but wanted to say Tracey I’m so glad you were able to get in to see your Dr. Scary stuff that.
    Machka “new way of being physically active” = shoveling 360 kg of gravel :laugh:
    Pouring down rain most of the day but scooted the dogs down to the powerline in a brief, misty break.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:4, weigh/wii: 4/0/0; steps>7391=7828 vits=4, log=4, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=3, Shadow=4, mfp=4, outside=5, up hill=3, clean 10=, excavate 5=2.
    wkly: Sun:W=, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.1, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 mnthly: board mtg= , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=3, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Tracey - glad you got to the doc. <3 Stress and pain can do weird things to us.
    I take a mild blood pressure pill daily. Have done since 2003. Losing weight made absolutely no difference, so I guess with me it's genetic. ;)

The day dawned warmer and NO WIND. Perfect running weather. On the seafront I saw the dog club on the lawn, kick boxing for women, Tai Chi for men, and yoga for the yummy mummies. Coming back I passed all the tennis.
    Of course, I had forgotten it was Parkrun. :o Luckily I managed to get back past the turning point 6 seconds before the pounding leaders arrived. :p
    Brighton and Hove is reputed to be the second thinnest place in the country and the second healthiest. :laugh:

Going to have my quarterly bath this morning. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather

the very best thing

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Barbara I will see if I can find it!

There is this shrug icon on sherv.net:

confused-shrug-smiley-emoticon.gif

You just have to click 'get codes' and then copy the one for forums & paste on your post.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Heather-you were in the right place at the right time my friend...
    Slept well and fed Alfie and am watching TV with Alfie..
    Today ill do laundry

• DisneyBound22
    DisneyBound22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Heather: So happy you were there for that baby!

Today is my last day off. So I plan on doing some things around the house and also something for me.

Yesterday I did overeat a bit. It happened and now I move on.

Today is Day 7 and I am down 6.1 pounds. I am more excited that I have tracked for 7 days. I have not done that in a long time. So I can buy my book that I wanted. I don't usually buy books since once you read them then you are done.

Does anyone have a rewards system set up. I need to make one so that might be my project this week.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    great job Heather! Right Place, Right Time and a caring aware Heather!!!!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Heather -
    What an amazing thing to add to your already full list of why you're so glad you moved! Added on top of this is rescuing his future. The science-fiction part of my bent little psyche notes that it's a perfect inflection point for a time traveler who will try to prevent you from saving the boy who will be Prime Minister 40 years from now. Keep your eyes peeled... Also...found BBC Sussex Radio online - can you remind us of the day and time when your interview airs?
    :wink:

JanetR -
    Happy belated birthday! Hope all is well with you and yours...

Annie -
    I'll second Kim's experience. I've always found it much easier to find what I'm looking for on Verizon's website, including reasonably priced phones, and the swap from one phone to another is relatively painless. I am not fond of their brick-and-mortar stores, as their people always seem to have no idea what I'm asking for or alternatively, patronize me by pushing me to buy a phone I don't need or want.

Allie -
    You're one of my favorite people, you know that? Your generous and loving heart is something to aspire to on my part... I tend to lean more toward tough love and high expectations.

Tracey -
    The blood pressure thing is well worth getting checked out, and I'm very glad you did!

Quick and painless (hopefully) bio for the new ones. Welcome! I put on my suit of armor (for which please read excess weight) to keep me safe from my abuser father, and then to keep me in my marriage to my safe, boring, non-threatening, and eventually neglectful first husband. My abuser died in late 2004 and nine months later, I had a gastric bypass. At 303 and 5'2" tall, I was literally bigger around than I was tall at the time, pre-diabetic, and a lot of other issues. In the process of losing 166 pounds, I watched my marriage fall down like a house of cards. Headed for my home state of Texas and met the man who is the love of my life... a year later we were married. Over the next incredibly happy decade, I ate my way back up to 219 pounds before I found the wake-up call of MFP and these ladies. I'm hovering around 175 right now, and a ways yet to go.

If there was one single thing that all this taught me it's that I had to own the food I put in mouth and my own actions. If my nose grew every time I lied to myself or ate without thinking or "forgot" what I ate on any given day, it would stretch coast to coast. MFP helped me own that. These ladies have too.

Regards
    Lisa in AR
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARBARA Thanks ! Sounds like a nice get together outside in nature.

HEATHER Wow you're a hero for that family!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    c45upkgu2qm7.jpeg
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Was at my café for a good 4 - 5h reading and taking notes related to work.
    A bit complicated and not encouraging (long story!) but I'm doing my best.

I have to go back and go through.

A bit discouraging actually but aiming to be courageous!
    Not very! got a halo top ice cream and ate it and took a bath and now am under the covers at 4pm! good thing I

Kind of the opposite of courageous!

Glad I got some good hours in in the morning.

I'll probably rest a bit and get some more activity in later (cleaning walking etc.).
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    2va6ic1t8qeo.png
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ Thanks for that gif site.

Carol in GA