What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,296 Member
    Options
    @jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Huggers

Is that why some people tense up when you cuddle them? I mean hug them against their will?😬😔 I thought if I kept hugging them, they would eventually learn to like it? Oh well, most people don’t seem to mind.😁🥰

Yes. It is exactly why some people tense up.
    If people don’t like being hugged it is polite not to hug them without consent. And even with consent some people will still tense up when hugged.

There are many reasons for this reaction. And no, most of us don’t “eventually learn to like it” What we learn to do it put up with it until it’s over (this is a type of masking). But it really truly is not wanted by more people than you might expect. And for some of us physical pain is part of the issue.

Anyhow. Consent. It’s a really good idea.

I was joking around! I’ve never hugged anyone that didn’t open up their arms. Most of the things I post here are meant to be taken lightly. Except when I post the food I prepare or my garden pics. Alright?😉👍🏽

No worries.
    I do tend to be a touch pedantic sometimes.

My brother in law and his wife are nonconsensual huggers. So sometimes I just get the “not everyone likes that, Karen…” mood going full speed.

I hope you don’t mind my gif hug!😄🤗
    60daky1dxupb.gif

Virtual hugs are always good.

Also? This might be a good spot for this meme. Even though it doesn’t exactly mesh with your comment or mine. 😂
    nu1a3rhdwzhl.jpeg
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,296 Member
    Options
    t2cs28ppt5rh.jpeg
    :D:D:o:D
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I always expect/hope the drive-thru is empty when I'm in the mood for fast food, so when I see a long line of cars I get irked and start pouting "why are you guys eating this crap!!!" (like I'm not lining up to eat it too lol)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @honey_honey_12 what a brute he is. Why doesn't he offer to come over and help her fix whatever his current complaint is? Or better yet, suggest he buy better window coverings. :s
    How old is this guy? My 88 yo neighbor is always complaining about every thing in the neighborhood but I ignore it because he's just being his cantankerous self. But your mom's neighbor needs to get a life and think of others outside of his own self.

ETA: Does she have caller ID? I wouldn't be answering the phone. At 94, it's most likely not the easiest thing to do to answer the phone all the time. :(
    And do other neighbors have issues with him?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @honey_honey_12 what a brute he is. Why doesn't he offer to come over and help her fix whatever his current complaint is? Or better yet, suggest he buy better window coverings. :s
    How old is this guy? My 88 yo neighbor is always complaining about every thing in the neighborhood but I ignore it because he's just being his cantankerous self. But your mom's neighbor needs to get a life and think of others outside of his own self.

ETA: Does she have caller ID? I wouldn't be answering the phone. At 94, it's most likely not the easiest thing to do to answer the phone all the time. :(
    And do other neighbors have issues with him?

He’s in his 70s, has a wife and is just one of those people that looks for things to complain about and put them on someone else.
    🙄
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    What if the neighbor next door is just a lonely guy and has a sympathetic eye for his neighbor. What if he just wants a friend. What if the flood light was put on a motion detector. What if the neighbor is just a dick.

He’s just a “Richard”.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    What if the neighbor next door is just a lonely guy and has a sympathetic eye for his neighbor. What if he just wants a friend. What if the flood light was put on a motion detector. What if the neighbor is just a dick.

He’s just a “Richard”.

If you do go knocking on his door, PLEASE do be careful. Many weirdos out there these days. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    DST never much bothered me. But d@mn my needy pup, she needs to get her act together. 4 a.m. was bad enough but 3 a.m.???
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    it irks me that we have stopped talking about hugs. I want to hear more opinions on hugging.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    it irks me that we have stopped talking about hugs. I want to hear more opinions on hugging.

I vote “yes” to hugs. I’m pro-hugs. But if you don’t want to be hugged, I don’t think you should have to be. I wouldn’t force my hug upon you. Despite what I’ve said I really don’t go around hugging people all the time. Well, mostly not. And….there are only a few people I would hug if they were sweaty. I’m generally anti-sweat hugs. EXCEPT for those few.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Even though I’ll probably never initiate a hug and are generally uncomfortable about them, I still like them. <(As in friends and acquaintances)
    One of my favorite hug moments was from a guy friend who’d pick me up and spin me around, squeezing the life out of me out of nowhere.
  • bellababy9031
    Options
    Oh, yes I did just hug the above post @OpheliaCooter

>:)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Even though I’ll probably never initiate a hug and are generally uncomfortable about them, I still like them. <(As in friends and acquaintances)
    One of my favorite hug moments was from a guy friend who’d pick me up and spin me around, squeezing the life out of me out of nowhere.

*warning* I’m doing that if we ever meet. Balls in your court.😏
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

*warning* I’m doing that if we ever meet. Balls in your court.😏

Drunk me is always trying to do that type of hug. 😅 She’s a different person though. Trouble is, I can’t lift that much so it ends at me struggling and failing. 🙃
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,993 Member
    Options
    Christmas music the first week of November...I can support it throughout December, but c'mon man, can't it wait until then? Do we really need TWO months of it? At least on my radio I can choose a different station, but at the grocery store, where I have to go eventually, I don't have that option.
  • bellababy9031
    Options
    I listen to Christmas music all year round. Why you gotta be such an Ebeneezer Scrooge???