Having trouble getting here!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options

Pip - Looks wonderful! 🤩

I've booked the hotel for a night. Because I've been a few times, I got 12% off the best rate. Can cancel up until the last minute.

I think I will get an off peak ticket in advance from Hove Station. It leaves me more flexibility than an Advance ticket, but it won't break the bank because I have a Senior Railcard. I can do that next Tuesday when we pick up Bea.

Sent off a couple of emails this morning. Now for some rowing. I'm still watching the French series, Family Business, with French subtitles. It's totally crazy, but great fun. My slang is improving no end!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options

😍

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

There is a Medicare ad on TV featuring "Martha" that is hysterical. Martha is a peach.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options

Pip ~ What wonderful photos! Y'all are really taking advantage of your new life in retirement! Hoping you enjoy every moment.

Carol in GA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options

Thank you Beth.

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

In the past, I just logged in and clicked on my yellow star (the booked marked page -- just this one) and it took me immediately here. There are more clicks now to get here, and I agree that there's too much white space, but as Barbie said, we will eventually adjust and it will just be normal, but for now, it's very disorienting.

Flea

Willamette Valley, OR

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Beautiful pictures, Pip. You captured the grandeur of the canyon. It looks like you are having a wonderful time.

Flea

Willamette Valley, OR

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

paragraph icon, then ", they eye...thanks !!!

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

Karen – Thanks for the suggestion regarding Uber. The distance from here to the airport is long.  We may have a neighbor who will take us to the airport.  We will need to ask.  We took a drive out to the airport vicinity yesterday and had a look at some options.  We were not pleased due to high costs for parking our car while we are away. It seemed very expensive.  We’re taking one step at a time.  It is not fun at this point.   :ohwell: We are scheduled to fly to VA on November 19, and will likely return home in December.  Our son and his family live in Williamsburg. :star:

Allie – I hope things go well for you at the transplant center.  :heart:

SueBDew – I’m glad to see you here again.  Sending good thoughts your way.   :flowerforyou: 

Flea – We are planning to fly out of PDX on November 19. We looked into shuttles yesterday while we were out in the vicinity and are trying to figure things out.  A shuttle from here to the airport would be very pricey. Parking at the airport is also pricey. We may be gone for more than a month.  Some neighbors recently returned from a trip.  Perhaps they well have good suggestions. Contacting the airport about the garage is a very good idea.  Thank you.  We are crossing our fingers that a neighbor will drive us to the airport and pick us up when we return.  It is a LOT to ask.  :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

I sent a suggestion to MFP to tone down the white space. Maybe if others suggest it, they will change it.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

I hope the people who run MFP are able to fix the mess. This site, and particularly this group, has been wonderful.

Katla in NW Oregon

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options

Passing through Vegas

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options

In the meantime I have adjusted the brightness setting on my laptop. I always run it in nighttime mode too to cut down on the brightness. Ideally I would turn it off in the morning, but then I would have one more thing to remember. Since I am working on simplifying my life I just keep it in nighttime mode, so it is kinder to my eyes and my memory space. LOL