WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support. Caregiving is tricky. I finally got my mom to the doctor but now she is refusing to do the follow-up blood work and imagery scan. To be fair, there's enough going on this week, so I will try again after Thanksgiving.

It's a pleasant sunny Sunday morning. I'm reading an old book by one of my mom's favorite authors LaVyrle Spencer. Life is pretty good.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    fypwidxov9k8.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Woke up and and went and fed the cat and came back and went to sleep.. dont feel good at all..no fever just sneezy ,sleepy and sometimes light headed,,i did go get my Walmart order and then stopped at CVS and picked up some Emergen-C to see if it will at least keep this at bay...I want to be better to go to the Cape.
    A year ago they where wheeling me into the operating room to repair my mitral valve
    Well i was in the Hospital 3 weeks had Sepsis and went home with a portable defibrillator
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie - I am happy to see that you were able to leave the hospital after the sepsis, and could go home with a portable defibrillator. I hope you do well.

DH and I are still visiting in Richmond VA. The hotel is pleasant and there is a shopping mall and restaurants right across the road from us.

DH has been using his mobility device and would like to add a walker to the choices he now has. I hope we will be able to find just the right thing today at the shopping mall. We will be leaving tomorrow.

Katla in Richmond

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    Heather - great photo!

Flea - I hope you feel better soon and get a positive report from the doctor.
    I agree with you about the “call if you need anything” generally speaking people don’t like asking for any help.
    What a thoughtful coworker.

Katla - nice to see your post. How is the Mom and new baby making out. What are his stats and name?

Beth - that’s a tough transition on your sons poor feet. Hopefully the shoes help!

Had a good day today, went to my supervisors and cut a tree from her property for our ornaments. Then I went to pick our grandson up for a sleepover. We stopped at the dollar store on our way back, he found these pompom type snowballs. 4 in a pack for $2. We bought two packs, I don’t know who had more fun with them him or DH. We’ve decided we are going to buy some more tomorrow and have a bucket of them as a Christmas decoration. They will be fun to have.

Tomorrow Jonah and I are going to put up our outside decorations.

Tracey in Edmonton

I got two boxes of those "snowballs" a few years ago- one box full has been WELL played with-kids love having a snowball fight with them or "bowl" with them , and yes a few have been tossed at my son or at me by my son. I love having a pretty basket full of them. I will open the new box this coming weekend for decorations then let the daycare kid play with them(or maybe just let her play with the old ones a little longer and keep these ones nice)
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Off to walk to my son's house in about 20 minutes. If the window is open at the train station I will buy my tickets for Wednesday. Saves me worrying on the day about the size of the queue!

My son and DDIL are going out for a bike ride across the South Downs. Hope it's not too chilly! It's not too windy anyway.
    Their house suffers from an eratic heating system and is often a bit cold for our taste. I am taking extra socks and a cardigan! :p My son and the kids don't feel the cold, but DDIL does. :| I might just keep my down coat on.

Then we are all going out for pizza at Fatto's. Then walk home.

Tracey- I'm liking the sound of those snowballs! :p

Barbara - I have often been teased about my 'phone voice', which is on the interview. I remarked to DH that I sounded posh.. He said, "Oh, you always do that. Like on the phone." My natural voice is more 'Estuary'. In fact, I take on the accent of whoever I'm talking to, so I can go from posh to cockney then to country Hampshire in no time at all. I used to get in trouble at school when I copied an Irish teacher, but I can’t help it. It's very useful when I'm learning a foreign language!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

https://www.amazon.com/Snowballs-Outdoor-Decoration-Realistic-SnowBalls/dp/B08NX12J9R/ref=asc_df_B08NX12J9R/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=549863567518&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9492576307613768762&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032049&hvtargid=pla-1458495892777&th=1

They are so much fun- when I had the triplets here, they played with them for hours
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Gray day here, but we'll watch some football and I'm baking homemade Stromboli for dinner. I'm debating whether to send one of the guys over the hill for provolone cheese that I forgot or whether I can just use extra mozzarella.

Spoke with my mom last night and convinced her she needs to let me talk to the medical providers. She agreed and is going to see if she can now convince my dad. My brother and I have been in communication (this in itself is a miracle as we go years without talking) and he is in agreement we have to be more involved.

Beth near Buffalo

That is great that your mom is starting to let you be more involved. I have found from my mom, I have to mention it a few times and then let her think about it and let it be her choice.
    Hopefully your brother and you can continue to work together on what is best for your parents. You don't need the extra stress of dealing with a sibling that doesn't agree with you( dealing with that here)
    (talked to mom last night. As of now, she will NOT be buying a tractor but will rent one for when she really needs it. That will save her over $8,000 and they will be doing the upkeep and storage and not her).
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Middle of the day on Sunday, here. A nice fall day, glimpses of sunshine, no rain, and a cool 45F. Taking a break in the middle of some meal prep. Not much, because it is a short work week, coming up! I will have 10/11 here, each day. Due to a rise in covid cases and many teachers and bus drivers unable to work due to illness, the district decided to cancel school for the M-W (TH,F was already off due to Thanksgiving holiday). I think it was very smart. Give everyone a whole week to minimize contact. One of my childcare charges is at home for 10 days, quarantining because his older sister (who is not in my care) has tested positive for covid. So far, he has tested negative; but his mom will be getting him tested again on Nov 26. He can't return to care without a negative test. This is one of those "knock on wood" statements; but this is the first "close" contact my childcare has had with covid. Now that I am vaccinated; I only have to close if my husband, son or I get it. I am not required to inform any of the families of exposure; but I do, because I feel it is the right thing. (I do not identify the child/family who has it, however). Anyway, I have extra activities planned for older kids that will be here. There is no rain in the forecast for the next few days, so hopefully we will be outside a lot.
    Carol, Heather, Beth, and Barbara et al - Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a normal workday on Thursday, so no special birthday measures taken. DH has ordered me a new computer (for my birthday). On Thursday, we got into a heated argument about Christmas lights. I told him I would be putting them up this week and he got all pissy about the amount spent on electric due to Christmas. (Can anyone say "GRINCH"?) I told him he can count the higher electric bill as my birthday/christmas present. lol Today he told me he ordered me a new computer AND will pay the electric bill without saying another word about Christmas being so financially draining. Hohoho!
    Tracey - Love the snowballs! I might order some of those for Joaquin and Miguel!
    Heather- Happy anniversary! Love the anni pics! You and your DH look wonderfully happy! Like the others, I listened to your BBC interview! You really presented exceptionally well! You didn't sound nervous or seem to get flustered. I will add my "Brava!" to the others. You spoke your truth. Well done. Love to hear of your happy and chaotic family gatherings. Sweet Edie!
    Lisa- Hope your arm feels better! Was this from the C-19 booster or a flu jab?
    Lanette- SO WONDERFUL to hear your voice! Sending you lots of love!
    Allie- Hope your cold eases up and remember to breathe when you think about your upcoming procedure! Sometimes I think stress wreaks havoc on our immune system more than anything else. Calm. Breathe. You've got this. Breathe. <3
    Rori- Happy your trip went well and your brother's ashes were sent on their way with his cherished ones there to bid farewell. The best send off one can imagine. Hugs to you!
    Katla- Happy you have arrived in VA and are soon to see your family and new grandson! HUrray!
    Barbie- You are right; there are worse things than jury duty. I have never been called to serve. (I would love to). My husband received a summons many years ago, when I was pregnant for my youngest. He wasn't chosen due "hardship" They knew that my parents had both passed that year and the case would be in court at the same time the baby was due. He was never summoned again.
    Machka- That beach cliff pic! How marvelous! Sometimes a few days away from home is just what is needed! Hugs to you!

Well, I better get my butt back in gear. If I sit too long, I lose my energy and determination to get things done. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Rita- What are we looking at? Is that a reservoir or is that the swimming area at your park? You got snow last year, I remember. Was that a fluke, or is that a common occurrence in southern NM? KJ
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    jsot44ww72se.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Nooo it is the anniversary of my surgery... im hoping that is all behind me...,you all were a huge help getting me through it all and for that im forever grateful...
    Today im just laying low and watching TV drinking lots of fluids had some soup and will do what i need to tomorrow
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Of course, the kids had colds and coughs, but I'm hoping they are at the end, so not so infectious. ;) I just don't want to feel rotten for my trip.
    When I got there Edie and Bea had decided to swap identities. They had me fooled for about a minute! :p They were really clever about it, swapping clothes, wearing DH's hat and a hood, and they were doing each other's style of drawing!!! I carried on with the trick, not letting on I knew, but I was very impressed.

Quiet day tomorrow. I will put the finishing touches to my potential article for the Huffington Post and send it off.
    Must cut back on the eating. Ooouuufff!!

Instead of picking up Bea on Tuesday, my son asked me if we could take the girls to school. He will drop them off at 8. He has an important meeting in London. It works for me because I will be getting anxious by the evening about my trip the next day. It mucks up our exercise regime, but we can do extra when we get back from the hour's walk.
    Today's exercise was only about 75 minutes walking, much less than usual, but I couldn’t face getting on the rower this pm.

Sneezing now, but I've been doing that all week.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! Middle of the day on Sunday, here. A nice fall day, glimpses of sunshine, no rain, and a cool 45F. Taking a break in the middle of some meal prep. Not much, because it is a short work week, coming up! I will have 10/11 here, each day. Due to a rise in covid cases and many teachers and bus drivers unable to work due to illness, the district decided to cancel school for the M-W (TH,F was already off due to Thanksgiving holiday). I think it was very smart. Give everyone a whole week to minimize contact. One of my childcare charges is at home for 10 days, quarantining because his older sister (who is not in my care) has tested positive for covid. So far, he has tested negative; but his mom will be getting him tested again on Nov 26. He can't return to care without a negative test. This is one of those "knock on wood" statements; but this is the first "close" contact my childcare has had with covid. Now that I am vaccinated; I only have to close if my husband, son or I get it. I am not required to inform any of the families of exposure; but I do, because I feel it is the right thing. (I do not identify the child/family who has it, however). Anyway, I have extra activities planned for older kids that will be here. There is no rain in the forecast for the next few days, so hopefully we will be outside a lot.
    Carol, Heather, Beth, and Barbara et al - Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a normal workday on Thursday, so no special birthday measures taken. DH has ordered me a new computer (for my birthday). On Thursday, we got into a heated argument about Christmas lights. I told him I would be putting them up this week and he got all pissy about the amount spent on electric due to Christmas. (Can anyone say "GRINCH"?) I told him he can count the higher electric bill as my birthday/christmas present. lol Today he told me he ordered me a new computer AND will pay the electric bill without saying another word about Christmas being so financially draining. Hohoho!
    Tracey - Love the snowballs! I might order some of those for Joaquin and Miguel!
    Heather- Happy anniversary! Love the anni pics! You and your DH look wonderfully happy! Like the others, I listened to your BBC interview! You really presented exceptionally well! You didn't sound nervous or seem to get flustered. I will add my "Brava!" to the others. You spoke your truth. Well done. Love to hear of your happy and chaotic family gatherings. Sweet Edie!
    Lisa- Hope your arm feels better! Was this from the C-19 booster or a flu jab?
    Lanette- SO WONDERFUL to hear your voice! Sending you lots of love!
    Allie- Hope your cold eases up and remember to breathe when you think about your upcoming procedure! Sometimes I think stress wreaks havoc on our immune system more than anything else. Calm. Breathe. You've got this. Breathe. <3
    Rori- Happy your trip went well and your brother's ashes were sent on their way with his cherished ones there to bid farewell. The best send off one can imagine. Hugs to you!
    Katla- Happy you have arrived in VA and are soon to see your family and new grandson! HUrray!
    Barbie- You are right; there are worse things than jury duty. I have never been called to serve. (I would love to). My husband received a summons many years ago, when I was pregnant for my youngest. He wasn't chosen due "hardship" They knew that my parents had both passed that year and the case would be in court at the same time the baby was due. He was never summoned again.
    Machka- That beach cliff pic! How marvelous! Sometimes a few days away from home is just what is needed! Hugs to you!

Well, I better get my butt back in gear. If I sit too long, I lose my energy and determination to get things done. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

here, the kids always get the full week off for Thanksgiving. They will get three weeks at Christmas(some districts get 3 weeks and one at Easter, some do two and two)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    50 work emails + 90 home emails.

That's one of the downsides of "going dark" (turning off the technology) for about 60 hours over the weekend ... you get to deal with it all at once later.

M in Oz