WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Darn daylight savings time ha ha had us out earlier than normal.. so all but one of the thrift shops are closed because of it being a holiday week but luckily we found a salvation army and Doris found a few books there.. im out in the car while she is in the thrift shop not my thing,she and my mom adored poking around those places,and bless her heart i told her to have a blast.
    We drove by Ruth and Rays house it was just so sad all overgrown and abandoned..they had a reverse mortgage on it so who knows what will happen now..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    LOL The reactions to Calamari for thanksgiving is why I don't make it for company. Squid needs a long slow cook or quick and HOT its how the collagen reacts to heat that means if you cook it too long, but not long enough it gets very tough. So I have put it in fish stew and cioppino with the long slow cook, but never breaded it and deep fat fried it. Although I do deep fat fry when needed (not often due to calories).

smiles Kim in N. California

we really like calamari here- fried if it is done right is really amazing. Soaked in clam juice over night then fried, tastes like abalone(the way mom and grandma made it-back when we had all the abalone we wanted, caught fresh in front of our family cabin)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    0f0q6rkeee03.png

Barbara.

Here is the Virginia dinner roll turkey!

That is super cute. I was wondering how you were going to make a turkey out of dinner rolls.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    the turkey dinner roll is VERY cute!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well I had a wonderful lunch with my cousin. We shared fish tacos and Carolina pork tacos, and I even had cheesecake for dessert, despite my allergies. Then tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and Friday another lunch date. I tend to only log breakfast on cheat days like that. It preserves my streak but then it's not accurate. And I know I will pay the price. I need some salad days to balance my cheat days.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Annie ~ I too am anxious about what I will bring to the turkey dinner. And, a lot of it is what to put it in to transfer without having to leave my dishes behind. I will be taking Southern cornbread dressing and gravy and Italian cut green beans cooked with a bit of ham. Strange I know. ;)

Carol in GA

What I do many times is I buy a platter/dish at the salvation army, run it through my dishwasher and put the food on that. Then if I leave it, what have I lost $1?

Michele

I did that with our dessert auction at church and a few times, they insisted on returning them to me ;)

Yea, many times that happens to me. But I know in my heart that if they don't, I'm not going to get upset

M
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    UPDATE on yogi -

The ointment is working,
    Before and after
    jwu7dk5r5cnh.jpeg
    dm6opaz820xw.jpeg
  • exermom
    Options
    Michele - I have siding hangers so I used zip ties as a loop on the top of each one and a zip tie to keep them crossed and hung them on the hangers. The ones in the gazebo are just zip tied.
    Love you Pinochio

Machka - I don’t participate in any groups that require a long term commitment. I take different lessons or classes but they are something I commit to for a few weeks and then leave. All of the articles, newsletters, ads, etc go to a separate folder if I chose to read them I know where they are, but I rarely do.
    I worked 12 hour shifts for the first 3 years I was in Alberta and after that until this job I never knew if I would be able to leave work on time and was in call at least every other week sometimes for longer than a week at a time. I just never felt it was fair to commit to anyone or anything because I was scared I couldn’t be reliable. Now I look at things and think I don’t need the commitment as I don’t feel I’ve missed out on anything.
    I love my evenings and weekends to have to do what I feel like at the time and very rarely feel stressed about anything outside of work.

Katla - I don’t blame you for being agitated with your son. I can’t say I don’t understand his concern with a new baby, but still as a New Grandma that travelled that far I would be upset too. Happy to read you are at your sons.

Pip - poor Yogi I hope the ointment works.

On receiving help - when I couldn’t bend or squat last Spring. I was shocked that my DH just did things. Of course, he never noticed the toilet that needed cleaned or the floor that needed scrubbed, but I let it go. My daughter actually came and helped me rearrange my cabinets so I could help myself more easily when DH started working evenings. Both of my girls and one friend will do things if I ask, but I hate asking. I feel like I’m a bother.

Vicki - I’ve heard a lot of people are suffering from long covid. It’s a terrible disease really.

I have done some painting the last two evenings. I bought some pieces at Michael’s after Christmas last year and hadn’t done anything with them. I finished Michaela’s last night. Started Jonah’s tonight.
    7er731pzo48h.jpeg

Going to be a massively busy week at work. I’m feeling pressured to complete a project that I should be spending about a week on. In the meantime she keeps adding more and calling me for meetings asking the same questions over and over.

Tracey in Edmonton

N

Wish we had something like what you have for hanging those candy canes

Loved your ceramics. Since I work with glazes, many times I would like a shade of a color that only comes in an envision. Oh well.... like a sparkly gold

M
  • exermom
    Options
    Darn daylight savings time ha ha had us out earlier than normal.. so all but one of the thrift shops are closed because of it being a holiday week but luckily we found a salvation army and Doris found a few books there.. im out in the car while she is in the thrift shop not my thing,she and my mom adored poking around those places,and bless her heart i told her to have a blast.
    We drove by Ruth and Rays house it was just so sad all overgrown and abandoned..they had a reverse mortgage on it so who knows what will happen now..

I love thrift stores as evidenced by how often I go the salvation army. You never know what you'll find

M
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Well im beat,but we had a fun day,i stopped at every thrift shop I saw and any used book store,we had a nice lunch at this little place in Sandwich ,Ma.called Marshlands.. its a little mom and pop place with an amazing bakery but we were good..but since I have been up since the butt crack of dawn i might take a nap.. heck we are on vacation..
    We are in for the night and until we got for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow afternoon
    .. Doris has a couple of books and me well I have my phone with all sorts of stuff on it

• exermom
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    the turkey dinner roll is VERY cute!

Agree
    M
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, 1hr 32min 25sec, 43elev, 84ahr, 105mhr, 3.22ap, 5mi= 443c
    Strava app= 604c
    Other- 2hrs 1min 6sec, 80ahr, 107mhr, pressure wash back patio and back wall, hang up front door wreath, finish putting up outside lights, tree lights and hang ornaments, get green bean casserole, = 554c

Total cal 997