WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    BE ALERT TO A PAY PAL SCAM...They will contact you with an e-mail about a bogus charge to get you to call them. They start it with Dear Member and not your name. Check you pay pal account and or your bank to see if any charges. They will try to get you to buy something and give them acount numbers. HANG UP if you do accidently call. Don't call in first place. Do your own checking first. Rather than calling you they are trying to get you to call them.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Rita been there done that. You can vent to me anytime.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well back to tracking every bite! My lunch was cancelled today, so it was only two very bad horrible diet days. Hope that lasts me a long time.

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    We are not sports fans and Thurs thru Sun is going to be filled with all kinds of ball games. :(

Carol in GA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed yesterday with family. We cut way back on amounts of food and I did not feel like I really overdid it. The thing we had too much of was See's chocolates. Too many people bought them in memory of my mom. She loved them.

My son put his dog in a study on how dogs age. One of the things they did was map the dog's genome. DS found out his labradoodle is 87.7% poodle and only 12.3% labrador. Interesting since my dog is from the same litter but seems to have more labrador traits. Now I would like to get her tested.

Katla - glad you are enjoying your time with family and the new baby. How is your DH doing?

Allie - sounds like you are having a lovely trip.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Allie--Your trip sounds wonderful. Just enjoying the time and doing what you want.

Katla--Glad you are having a great time with your family and the new baby. Looking forward to pictures.

KJ--What a speical thing you did for that family. It is good to let them know they are not alone. Someone cares.

Tracey--I love your Mr & Mrs Claus.

I am working short day today since a lot of the offices are closed so do not need 2 people. It is to be 65 today so thinking I may try and get some Christmas things put up outside. Going to downsize on what we put out so will have to go through stuff, but I want to put somethings out. I got some solar lights I want to put around a couple things so do not have to run cords. Have to work tomorrow so will be glad to have another things off my list.

Had a nice Thanksgiving supper with DD and YDS last evening. Best part was I did not have to cook or clean up.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

not cooking OR cleanup sounds great- just the opposite here. I cooked everything while son and his girlfriend hung out in his room, and dh hung out in his room. When the food was ready, they all came out to get food. Time to clear the table,put things away,do dishes- yep, back in their rooms they all went.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Heading up to the veggie/fruit stand tomorrow- it is a bit of a drive but the prices are really good this weekend. We always stop on our way up to Sacramento but this time, we are going just for that. Then coming back for dh's birthday dinner.

Pedrick Produce is at Pedrick Produce.
    Not60vemSb72aer2so 2r0 at 11:t016d0i0 AmM · Dixon ·
    Stock up your fridge for Thanksgiving now! We have SO many specials going on!! 🦃
    •Yams & Sweet Potatoes 69¢ lb
    •Local Sweet Asian Pears $1.69 lb
    •Local Fuyu Persimmons 99¢ lb
    •Local Kiwi 9/99¢
    •10 lb Russet Potatoes $1.99
    •Organic Bartlett Pears 69¢ lb
    •Green Beans $1.29 lbs
    •Celery 69¢ ea
    •Zucchini 69¢ lb
    •Local Oranges $4.99 10 lb bags
    •Local Satsuma Mandarins 99¢ lb
    •Large Crisp & Sweet Washington Fuji Apples 99¢ lb
    •Asparagus $1.49 lb
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- *forgot to start strava in the beginning*took info from Apple Watch, 1hr 42min 9sec, 85ahr, 107mhr 3.0est ap, 5.05mi= 451c
    Zwift home spin bike- 18.01min, 313elev, 119aw, 65arpm, 130ahr, 159mh, 16.75amph, 5.03mi= 177c
    Zwift app= 123c
    Walk home to gym- 10.47min, .51mi= 54c
    Strava app= 62c
    Treadmill jog- 27.43min, 123ahr (i think that HAS to be wrong), 186mhr, 6.2sp-8.0sp, 8.85min mi, 5k= 355c
    Walk gym to home- 10.37min, .55mi= 59c
    Strava app= 67c

Total cal 1096. Felt good knowing I can still run under a 9 minute mile:0)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    👽
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Enjoyed yesterday with family. We cut way back on amounts of food and I did not feel like I really overdid it. The thing we had too much of was See's chocolates. Too many people bought them in memory of my mom. She loved them.

My son put his dog in a study on how dogs age. One of the things they did was map the dog's genome. DS found out his labradoodle is 87.7% poodle and only 12.3% labrador. Interesting since my dog is from the same litter but seems to have more labrador traits. Now I would like to get her tested.

Katla - glad you are enjoying your time with family and the new baby. How is your DH doing?

Allie - sounds like you are having a lovely trip.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

I have never heard anyone say there was too much See's chocolate- around here, never enough!! That is a favorite for sure. Nuts and Chews!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    n8xjzrm0bxxo.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    BE ALERT TO A PAY PAL SCAM...They will contact you with an e-mail about a bogus charge to get you to call them. They start it with Dear Member and not your name. Check you pay pal account and or your bank to see if any charges. They will try to get you to buy something and give them acount numbers. HANG UP if you do accidently call. Don't call in first place. Do your own checking first. Rather than calling you they are trying to get you to call them.

:lol: I get those and I don't even have a pay pal account!

We also get calls from "Amazon", E-Bay" and others about charges going through, and we need to call them back.

I get occasional calls that say something about immigration being revoked and a warrant out for my arrest (I'm an immigrant) ... but the hilarious thing is that it's apparently from US immigration.

I DO NOT answer my phone if I don't recognise the number. I wait to see if they leave a voice message or not. If it is important and a real call, they'll leave a real message or call back.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Allie--Your trip sounds wonderful. Just enjoying the time and doing what you want.

Katla--Glad you are having a great time with your family and the new baby. Looking forward to pictures.

KJ--What a speical thing you did for that family. It is good to let them know they are not alone. Someone cares.

I am working short day today since a lot of the offices are closed so do not need 2 people. It is to be 65 today so thinking I may try and get some Christmas things put up outside. Going to downsize on what we put out so will have to go through stuff, but I want to put somethings out. I got some solar lights I want to put around a couple things so do not have to run cords. Have to work tomorrow so will be glad to have another things off my list.

Had a nice Thanksgiving supper with DD and YDS last evening. Best part was I did not have to cook or clean up.

not cooking OR cleanup sounds great- just the opposite here. I cooked everything while son and his girlfriend hung out in his room, and dh hung out in his room. When the food was ready, they all came out to get food. Time to clear the table,put things away,do dishes- yep, back in their rooms they all went.

If it were me, I'd suggest going out to a restaurant for dinner next year unless everyone pitches in. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Yardwork today ...

lcpccpbmzu0f.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    I did an online quiz on rest - evidently there are 7 types of rest and this quiz is meant to identify which area of rest you need to focus on attaining and which areas of rest you're doing well at.

My results:

How To Interpret Your Results: Based on your input, the type of rest with the highest score is the one you should focus on. It is the primary type of rest you are missing in your life. If you score 0-15: You are getting adequate rest in this area f you score 16-25: You are experiencing rest in this area but would thrive with more. If you score 26-35: You are feeling the effects of your lack of rest and need a change. If you score >35: Your life is negatively affected by your lack of rest in this area.

Category Scores
    Physical Rest Score: 30
    Mental Rest Score: 29
    Emotional Rest Score: 32
    Spiritual Rest Score: 24
    Social Rest Score: 36
    Sensory Rest Score: 38
    Creative Rest Score: 32

OK ... um ... where do I even start!! I was actually a bit surprised by this. I didn't think it was that bad!

Sensory, my worst score is: The opportunity to downgrade the endless onslaught of sensory input received from electronics, fragrances, and background noise.

That's one of the reasons I've discovered I don't like living so close to and working in a city.

So in an attempt to fix that, it's about time I got out and did some yard work! Beautiful sunny day out there!

M in Oz

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

If it were me, I'd suggest going out to a restaurant for dinner next year unless everyone pitches in. :)

this is my fault. This is how it is every night all year long. I have trouble even getting dh to rinse his own dishes. He puts them in the sink but doesn't bother to rinse them- keep telling him,even put a note up telling him if he doesn't rinse, I don't wash(and I don't usually do it). He grew up with a mom that did everything and I never asked him to help so after 29 yrs, he doesn't, or even offer to help.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ooooo