WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    November Plans

- Cycling - including at least one 50 km ride.
    - Walking regularly.
    - Pilates and strength training at home.
    - Running - easing into it.
    - Climb Mt Wellington - Hobart's Mountain - virtually as part of a stair climbing challenge at work. It's a smaller mountain but I want to focus on other exercise.
    - Audax - communications work. We don't have any events to run till December
    - Events - maybe a little travel around Tassie.
    - Medical - I had an appointment today, my husband has one tomorrow and one the day after. If all goes well, that might be it for the month! That would be nice!!
    - Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List - getting organised, simplifying, etc. ... only that list seemed to get longer throughout October. :neutral:

M in Oz

Review

Cycling - yep!
    Walking - mostly
    Pilates & strength training - turned into gardening!
    Running - nope. Just didn't happen.
    Virtual climbing - yep! 353 flights in November.
    Audax - yep! And I'm busy organising the December event.
    Events - yep! A trip to Maria Island.
    Medical - yep! As usual.
    To Do List - got some bits and pieces done. More gardening stuff than I thought I would. But as usual, the list seems to get longer rather than shorter.

December ...

Let's just wait and see. December has barely begun and I'm behind schedule! I had a plan for this week, and I'm steadily falling behind.

But right now, I've got to go to bed.

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    . If I rehomed every thing that wasn't a good fit; my husband would live elsewhere. lol

KJ (Kelly)

:) When my husbands 16 year old son came to live with us, it was like teaching a raccoon to live indoors. We made some house rules including that son couldn't leave and we couldn't kick him out. We had to seek a solution and learn to get along. We have not regretted doing that. Son lived with us until he was of age and could leave legally.

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    sa5zxzbp9rn8.png

Really beautiful evening walk. :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)<3B)<3<3:):(:/>:)

Feelings!
    Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Hi! Thank you Barbie!
    I just saw another live flea on Teddy. The flea drops on his back might take awhile to kill them all. Meanwhile I put powder on the carpet in one of his favorite places. I have more vacuuming to do. I think I will wash all the bedding again this weekend. What a nuisance.

I just figured out last night that I have to do my mom's Christmas shopping this week, as well as my own. Bah humbug! I'm not big on Christmas to begin with. I'm still trying to schedule my booster and get my mom's blood work done.

On the plus side of life, I had a lovely visit with my cousin Susan. And I found a new penpal (email actually) from the dating site. It occurs to me that with my parents, I'm less and less available for dating anyway. I better sign off, I seem determined to complain this morning!

My diet has succumbed to the holidays. I seem to have forgotten how to stay under calories. All I can do is try again.

Happy December! Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Just spoke to my daughter, and she's doing really well. She and her husband are talking again, and she told me she realized how much this whole mess was impacting her kids. In particular, it was hurting the ten-year-old, who just got back from a stressful time at his birth father's for Thanksgiving, only to have his mom being upset all the time. We're sorting out days for them to come down and spend some time for Christmas. So good to hear her laugh again. Love being her mother, and a grandmother.

Barbie - I literally laughed out loud on the raccoon comment about your husband's son coming to live with you. There's little more rewarding than launching a reasonably successful human being into the world, but that does not mean it is or was easy. Much respect.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    1820327bp68khrj6q.gif
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,071 Member
    ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member

Terri - Sending you very best wishes for your procedure tomorrow. <3

I've been working on an old story and cutting it by half to see if it is suitable for a weekend magazine. No idea, but it was fun resurrecting it and hacking it to bits. :p DH's daughter suggested I might give it a go.

Now for a rest.

Heather UK xxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    kjxrx14m37qy.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Heather Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,433 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thanks Barbie for starting us off on the right foot!💖.
    Today paid bills, and balanced us to the penny!!
    This morning we go to Rite Aid to get our flu shots. I'm wearing a Sumner shirt so he can jab me easier. Right now a bit chilly!
    Last night as I was giving eldest son a hug goodnight, I saw he had rope candy out. So he offered me some. Well it was sour ropes, and man my jaws ached, my eyes watered, so I'm yelling and laughing, and son was just beside himself with laughter!😂😂💖💖 I love to make him laugh so I kinda played it up a little.😁 I will surely miss our times together when he has to go to Guam.😢
    Today is chicken, cheese, and rice with maybe a small salad. I will make my marshmallow/molasses cookie treat to have with coffee.👍
    Have a great rest of the day ladies.
    Heather sorry about your friends tumble. When I fall it really shakes me up. Even my teeth feel loose!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Mary ~ How proud you must be of your nephew!

Carol in Georgia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Mary - Fantastic!!!! :D

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Heather- loved Johnnys letter adorable
    Barbie- training a raccoon to live indoors... oh lord thats priceless...
    Mary- you should be very proud of your nephew isnt that wonderful...
    I put a call into the Drs office to find out about the MRI .. good or bad id like to know
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 46min 3.18ap, 84ahr, 106mhr, 62elev, 5.65mi= 517c
    Strava app= 682c
    Walk home to gym- 10.53min, .52mi= 46c
    Strava app- 63c
    Stairclimber- 30min, 7-8speed, 134ahr, 160mhr, 2080steps, 130 floors= 290c
    Walk gym to home- 11.30min, .53mi= 50c
    Strava app= 65c

Total cal 903
  • pipcd34