Kate - Soooper Doooper knitting. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    o:)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,779 Member
    Mary--Proud Aunt moment for sure.

Barbie--I remember when my step-son came to live with us. His mom had done EVERYTHING for him and he expected me to do the same. He learned the hard way. It was interesting for a couple years, but he learned to do things for himself and be part of a family.

Terri--Prayers that all goes well today and recovery is fast.

Heather--Great news on your story. Keep us posted so can read it when it comes out.

Appointment with pulmonology doctor yesterday didn't get any answers just more tests. Also have appointment with rheumatology doctor next Friday. Sooner or later they will run out of tests, I hope. In the meantime DH is not having a good week and home a lot resting.

Going to be in the 70's today. Not normal for this time of year. Sounds like we are in for a cool down next week.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    PIP ~ Latest photo of your 3 pups. Yogi has a "questioning" look on his face. :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Terri I don't know what you are going in for but I hope it goes well as can be.
  • bananasandoranges
    Barbie that sounds challenging and enriching with the raccoon son.
  • bananasandoranges
    Thanks for starting us off Barbie as always.
    Dozy. slept little then had jab at 8:30. Felt okay and then not so great for an hour or two and canceled a one on one viseo meeting (requiring a lot of attention) today. I have another meeting either at home or 15 min walk or so from home. Sort of non-negotiable. Unfinished work for a must for tomorrow to finish...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Kim - <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    Lisa, me too. That cute sweetheart would say to me every morning, "good morning, nice to meet you". In the cutest sing song voice....💖💖💖💖💖
    I will shake down those pics from daughter inlaw!!!

Have a great day everyone!
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Barbie – Thank you for the December thread. I spent nearly a month in Virginia with our son and Daughter in Law. We just got home yesterday afternoon. I have had difficulties getting on to the thread and I hope today is a new and better day for me. I have missed EVERYONE like crazy.

Katla

Karen – When we went to VA to spend time with our family in Virginia we spent a couple of nights in Richmond. We were in a pleasant hotel and walked to locations nearby. Our son made a request that we self-quarantine, so we did. There were two restaurants in Richmond nearby the hotel that we enjoyed. Our son came to get us and took us to his home. Our daughter in law had just had a new baby. We spent several days with them, including a visit to a historical community, Colonial Williamsburg. We had a good time. I also got a tour of the area near the military fort where our son lives and works.

We returned to the Richmond airport yesterday for our flight home at four am. We picked up our car at the hotel in Portland where we stayed the night before our trip to Virginia, and we drove home. I felt a little like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ— “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home . . .” We both enjoyed Virginia and will likely visit again. I hope that we don’t have to self-quarantine for days the next time we visit. We flew home, found a ride to the place where we left our car and drove home. We had a wonderful night at home last night.

Rori – I have been taking a medicine to combat loss of bone density for several years. It is Alondrate Sodium, and is inexpensive. I take one tablet by mouth each week. It is working well for me. I first learned about it on this thread from Barbie.

Tracey – The bike wheel Christmas wreath is gorgeous!!!

Lisa – DH has multiple health issues, including diabetes, and MS. Medicine is costly and health insurance is a blessing. It is a help but it is not free.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Katla - So glad you are home safely and your trip went well. <3 It was a BIG ADVENTURE!
    Love to you. Heather XOXO
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Christmas pyjamas. This year not including Max, aged 10. :p

ac7uaie3nwrd.jpg

Be still, my ❤ 💙 💜 💖 💗 💘 ❤

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    We are debating whether to do a Christmas Quiz because Bea is so competitive, she can throw a fit and ruin the occasion. She HATES to lose, ANYTHING.
    When we were at their house on Tuesday she had a major meltdown over something. Ended up on DH'S lap insisting that he stay the night with her.
    I think we'll give it a miss. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Heather congratulations on story.

Mary cudos to nephew.

Lisa love the song.

The raccoons my mom had in her upstairs for years never did get how to live well inside.