WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Allie do you take your med in the morning? If it makes you sleepy try it at night.

I did my elliptical again! Thanks for the encouragement! I know it's not my first new exercise attempt. I put it in my calendar for Monday Wednesday and Friday. Just two minutes to start building muscle in my knee. So far so good. I think I'm doing New Year's early!

On the other side, my mom is sliding into dementia and between the two of us, we did a barely adequate job of presents. We have five boxes of fancy chocolates left over. Not the worst problem to have!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    👽🌵😍🛸
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Annie I do take it at night..with my Eliquis and toprimate
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Tracey--What a special gift.

Rori--Sounds like so much fun, zooming and cooking with friends.

Barb--Cardiac rehab is an exercise program where they work with you to build your strength and teach you the way to breathe. The doctor sent him so that they could watch him and make sure he doesn't over do and at the same time help him build up more stamina. The gym where they have this is also the gym employees and spouse can join for a fee and I have been a member for years and ashamed to say I have not been there the last 2 years. So this will be good for both of us.

Machka--Hope you feel better soon and no after effects from the shot. Congradulations on the new job. Great way to start the new year.

Went and watch several of the DGC in their school Christmas program. I love the fact they go to a school that calls it the Christmas program. Ended up having to set from pre-school, elementary, and jr high. Enjoyed it, but late getting home so only got 4 hours sleep. Hope that means tonight I will sleep well.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Vicki - I really do appreciate you. <3 I think you are a brave and principled woman.

Wrapped my grandchildren 's presents this afternoon. Hooray! :D

My friend whose much younger partner dropped dead two days ago is having a hard time. I have been sending hugs. She is going up to her sister's house for Christmas to get away from his ubiquitous presence in their house. Such a shock is hard to deal with.

My friend G is thankfully with her son's family in Singapore. I hope she is sleeping.

Love to all. Take nothing for granted. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Michele - This is my royal icing recipe. I put extra glycerine in it to stop it setting like concrete!

Barbara - The marzipan is a layer under the royal icing. It's a British thing. :p

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/christmas/christmas-cakes-and-toppings/royal-icing

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/ family- 1hr 33min 43sec, 3.20 est ap, 34elev, 83ahr, 112mhr, 5.09mi= 491c
    Strava app = 615c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Alfie and I are watching cooking shows this morning..
    I dont know if its the zoloft dosage that the dr upped or just me.. im just not much in the mood to do much of anything..I get out and do what I have to when needed.but I just would rather stay in bed and sleep..
    I know thats not right and hope the feeling goes away..
    I am going with friends tonight to dinner and to decorate gingerbread house..

I have felt like I would rather stay in bed and sleep for most of my life ... especially in the past about 4 years.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Machka: 🎉 Congrats 🎉 on the new job. And I hope you feel better soon.
    CarolGaGal wrote: »

Terri ~ You are a neat Santa and your tree is lovely. We have given up putting decorations on our tree and just love the lights.

I finally feel calm about Christmas celebrations with the family. It has been a worry about how to spend the day but I think it has been resolved.

Carol in GA

The neat Santa is my SO. He had dressed up for his ZOOM Yoga session. I took this one on an outing in August.

oto7wgz1i2lg.jpeg

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    Annie I do take it at night..with my Eliquis and toprimate

Do any of those conflict with each other?
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Machka congratulations on the new job!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Worked today but because I got out early (8:00), I was able to get to the gym. YEA!!!!

After the gym went to the Salvation Army and then to Aldi. Was Aldi ever busy! Stopped at Ollie’s. There was one item I would have gotten, but there is no way I wanted to stand in that line for one item so I didn’t get it

Rori – Looks like you had a great zoom.

Barbara – right now we have the laptop standing on edge. It APPEARS that water is no longer draining out of it. We shall see.

Rori – Jess was just at Colorado State (she’s back in Iowa right now) doing work with animals there. Has it been warm there, too?

About the digital photo frame. I would think that would really be good for someone who has multiple grandchildren. Unfortunately, in my case, I only have the one

M – this new job. Is it with the same company? Good luck!

Barbie – I make loom hats for the soup kitchen when I work at the Green Room. Maybe I’ll start making more. Only problem with loom hats is that you need bulky yarn and at most Salvation Army-type places they have regular weight yarn. Wish I could think of something to make with one skein or even ½ a skein of yarn.

Rjv – welcome. Sounds like you have some consistency, which is good. You know, it seems no matter how hard I try, I’m always in the same 5lb range. Our bodies get to where they want to be. But keep coming back.

Pip – will Santa be bringing me anything????? I’ve been good (most of the time)

Lisa – LOVE the scale. Thanks for the smile

Was cleaning out the top shelf of one of the cabinets. Vince said "you put this up here". I can't reach, plus I wasn't the one giving Loki the med. But it was ME who put it up there. Oh well....I'll just turn a deaf ear.

Still looking for that plastic canvas tissue topper with the Christmas cat on it. I think I'm going cross-eyed looking for it...lol

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    xrgpkou43gra.jpeg
  • Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Pete texted me some pics of PJ. Evidently they took him to see Santa Claus. You know, I made a tree skirt for Denise. So what do they have under the tree? Not the one I made. I made a Diamond Dotz, Pete’s is hanging up in their bathroom, Denise’s is behind the sofa. I made her a beaded banner, it’s never been out. Same with the blankets I made and the coasters. I’ve pretty well decided I’m not going to make anything else for her. I made Pete a ceramic turtle, he ran to put it outside. I made Denise one and I had to be the one to put it outside

I did see a plastic canvas tissue box cover with a Christmas kitty on it. I went to order it today, and for the life of me I can’t find it.

Maybe tomorrow I can get to the gym.
    will have to see their schedule.

Michele NC

The trouble with a lot of those things is that they affect the décor of the house, and each person's décor choices are their own, unique, individual preferences.

My preference is quite different from my mother's which is quite different from her mother's. Our son and daughter-in-law's is different from my husband's and mine. My brother's is different again. It's actually interesting how siblings (my brother and me) who grew up in the same house have gone in different directions from our parents and each other.

My mother likes dark furniture, wrought iron, and red - a kind of Spanish/Baroque/Gothic/Medieval influence. I prefer a Beach/Tropical look of honey-golden furniture, with lots of blues and greens, with a touch of Mediterranean. If I were on my own, I'd have a bit more Arts & Crafts/Mission in there too. My brother's house had a lot of brown - kind of along the Exploration style, although now that he's on his own that may have changed. Our son and daughter-in-law's place is Mid-century Modern.

Ultimate list of interior design styles, definitions & photos – 2021 Update
    https://decoroutdoor.com/blog/style-glossary/

So if my mother knitted (she doesn't) and knitted me a bright red and black blanket, it wouldn't work for me. I might use it tucked away underneath something, but not out on display.

This is one of many reasons why I find gift cards a better choice. We gave a gift card to our son and daughter-in-law from a little local shop that has advertises and stocks a "healthier, greener and happier way of living" with beekeeping and gardening items (daughter-in-law has bees and gardens), as well as various home items too. Then they can choose what works for them. :)

exermom wrote: »
    Pete texted me some pics of PJ.

Focus on this part, rather than the décor in the background ... you've got some photos of your grandson. :)

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Had a lovely time with my friends and we each decorated a gingerbread house .. it was quite fun... Alfie and I are tucked in for the night..