55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Julianna in southern Maryland here. Love seeing the before-and-after transformations!

I have arthritis in my spine. It's a real pain in the neck! According to my doctor, "For every pound of excess weight, it adds seven pounds of pressure on your spine." Enough said. That's my motivation to log my food intake, take frequent breaks from the desk job, and do some yardwork and housekeeping.

God bless ya'll real good, and may your new year be happy and healthy. Regards, J.

I too have arthritis in my lower back and neck it is restricting at times but I do yoga to help.
  • tracy042
    tracy042 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am so happy to find this thread. I just turned 50, but had early menopause before 45 years old. I was slim, fit and active all my younger years, but now, at 5'1", I clock in at 181 lbs. I feel discouraged because I wondered if it is possible to lose weight after menopause; and thanks to some of your inspiring posts, I see it IS possible! And, using MFP, I see that I consume WAY too many calories, and I have become very sedentary....

So, time to take responsibility, and take action :smile:
  • mjc614900
    mjc614900 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm Mary. Age 64. Blue Cross gave me a year of Vida. I went from 155 to 128. My year ended last September 1st. Awe - Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas came - and so did six pounds. I now weigh 134. My goal through this year is to hit at least 120 (maybe 115).
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it.
  • anneg50
    anneg50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello. New here to this thread. Been on MFP forever. Iam 65 and decided last Christmas (2020) after dieting all my life and being fat, "I was done." I started a low-carb diet with some intermitting fasting on Dec 26th 2020 and as of today have lost 130 lbs. Now the hard part starts, maintenance. I feel better than I ever have and now can look forward going into retirement.❤yt0703jlqnjv.jpeg

Wow! Great job!
  • amyburns1999
    amyburns1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this discussion still active? I too am over 50 and would love to connect with others in this age bracket. Been steady low-carb for 6 weeks. Had my ups and downs but I've stayed consistent with the macros and calories. Anyone else looking to keep this conversation going?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,297 Member
    Options
    @amyburns1999, I'm still here, and I know I posted lots more than once :D in this thread. Been here since 2015, lost 50ish pounds then at 59-60, healthy weight since 2016, now 67, hanging around MFP since then to maintain and kibitz. What kind of conversation were you hoping for?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!