So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Viktor, I’ll have a cafe mocha, please. @ReenieHJ — that’s some breakfast order. I might have to preorder that now for tomorrow morning. Zzyyggy, I haven’t had swordfish in a long time. That sounds yummy, too. I can’t possibly be hungry, still, everything sounds good.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Beautiful morning for a swim at the cybercafe. Zzyyggy, I’m loving the indoor pool. Spent some time in the pool this morning and now that I’ve dried off, I’m ready for breakfast. The pool’s cafe is right in front of some of those wonderful floor to ceiling windows, so I have a lovely scenic view. I see Viktor has my table all ready set up with a carafe of my favorite Cafe Domingo and my veggie pizza and apple crisp should be put shortly. A little whipped cream on the apple crisp, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Sorry ReneeiHJ, your comment must have come in after I posted because I didn't see it there, either that or I wasn't paying attention. :) For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge cheeseburger with onion rings and a root beer. For dessert I'll have the banana split and an iced mocha. Linda may I join you at your table. What a great view.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, just so you know, I haven’t spent all day at the indoor pool. It was so lovely this morning, I had to return. The view is spectacular. Look at those stars. Francois made me chicken fried steak with onions and tomatoes, green beans, and a side of macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight. Yum! Viktor is bringing my dessert out—coffee and a slice of ginger cake topped with sweet orange whipped cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, I knew that, but what fun that would be spending the day at the cyber pool, reading in the lounge chairs and enjoying the warm sun instead of the freezing cold weather we're having here in the real world. I'm going for spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and butter, and a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. We had sunshine today lots of it but it was deceiving, got outside and it was cold out there brrrrrrrrrr
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I love our winter weather because, while we have snow and/or ice once in a while, it’s mostly mild weather. It’s the summer I dread. I could do with a snow storm at least once a winter, though. Viktor should be by with a hot chocolate and some iced brownies for me. I’m sure he’ll have more iced mocha and brownies for you, Zzyyggy, as well as whatever anyone else wants.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I am in the mood for comfort food so I'll have the macaroni and cheese dinner with lots of bread and butter. For dessert I'm going to have chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a dip in the cyber pool first though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, macaroni and cheese is the best comfort food, however sometimes I need breakfast for dinner. Viktor, I’ll have the Sunnyside Breakfast special. That’s two eggs over easy, turkey sausage patties, cheesy hash brown potato casserole, grits, orange slices, biscuits with butter and honey, and coffee, please. I might just have a chocolate chip cookie or two for dessert.

It warmed up today and it’s raining again. It would be great we could consistently get enough rain every week to pull us out of the drought we in.
  • wingmen2
    wingmen2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @zzyyggy for the invitation. I got the best seat in the house to watch the sunset by the pool.

As I sip my pina colada, I anxiously await my appetizer of coconut shrimp. It's worth the wait. The spicy mango dipping sauce is lovely. So thick and rich...

My husband and our bffs arrive and we order King crab legs with drawn butter and a lemon wedge. Scalloped potatoes are a wonderful, creamy cheesy accompaniment and asparagus frites with garlic aioli.

The Cafe makes carrot cake just for me with no cinnamon (allergic) and Millionaire pie, a favorite since childhood. They serve the cake ala mode and with whipped cream, and then sprinkle freshly toasted coconut. It's beautiful.

As a former waitress myself, I leave a big tip for our sweet and stressed waitress who is very skilled at her job. 😘
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Welcome to the Cyber cafe Wingmen2. Linda wish I could help out with the rain, but our stuff falling from the sky is either ice or sleet lately not sure how much good that will do. Woke up to really icy sidewalks again this morning. Thank goodness for SSTA. I would have never made it to the bus stop. No walking outside again today. I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool this evening. In the real world I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone walk at home tape. For dinner tonight I think I'll have grilled pork chops with mashed potatoes peas and lots of gravy. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hello @wingmen2. Those scalloped potatoes sounded so good, I added them to my order when I had dinner earlier. Francois made Peruvian rotisserie chicken and I added a salad, too. Viktor always finds the perfect wine for my meal. I’m definitely ready to sit by the fire in my recliner with my bunny slippers on. It’s cold out there. Not as cold as Vermont, Zzyyggy. Still, it’s in the 30’s and will be around 27 degrees tomorrow morning.

Viktor, I’m ready for dessert. I’d like a butterscotch brownie with sautéed apples in caramel sauce, please.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    -8 right now. I'm not going anywhere unless it's just in my fantasy, which this cafe is perfect for that. :)

Since I just had my morning cuppa coffee, I'd love some steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, along with some cream cheese apple coffee cake fresh out of the oven, please and thank you. I'll just sit under this fleece blanket and enjoy watching the birds at all the feeders. Until April or May. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ReenieHJ, yes the cyber cafe is a perfect escape from the cold weather. It's minus 2 right now but colder out there with that wind. Brrrrrr. For dinner tonight I'll have a huge cheeseburger with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and an iced mocha. I think I'll move into the cyber cafe for the rest of this cold weather, and hang out by the indoor pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d love a cup of tea with lemon and honey. My throat has been scratchy because of allergies. It’s 27degrees at the moment (that’s cold for Charlotte). Last week was unseasonably warm, we had some rain, and the grass even started growing. I don’t know what it is I’m reacting to, but I’ve got my mouthwash and vitamins all lined up. Now I need to make sure I get a good night’s sleep—that’s why I’m here at the cybercafe. Tea and a nice piece of apple pie will surely help me sleep or at least have sweet dreams. Ha, if I did that in the real world it would probably keep me up all night. Ah, see, that’s the secret of the cybercafe. I can lie in bed and picture myself by the fire at the cafe with my evening snack and fall right to sleep. Sweet dreams all.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, hope you slept well. I'm in the mood for fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Had the real mocha this morning at Starbucks only had it hot. Way to cold for iced the last two days.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I see you’re still having dessert. I’ll join you. I was in the cybercafe’s kitchen with Francois having a bowl of chicken vegetable soup and some biscuits. It’s a cold night and sitting by the fire with friends and a cup of coffee sounds good. Viktor mentioned something about bringing an assortment of rugelach out for dessert. I’m willing to share.

We’re supposed to get snow on Sunday, maybe. Everyone is all excited and the local news tells us to prepare. Of course, whether we get snow or ice depends how the storm system moves across the country and it’s just too early to predict. Only the highways and sections of road where fatal accidents have occurred get treated with salt. Basically, when it snows or ices, you stay home until it melts. We don’t do snow.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Um, Zzyyggy, it looks like you’re in for a bit of weather. Cold and wind—the wind gives you that extra bonus, sending the temperature into minus double digits. You’re going to have to move into the Inn at The Cybercafe for the weekend. Luckily, by Monday it warms up into the high 20’s so you can have snow! How exciting! Apparently, Charlotte is getting a wintry mix on Sunday and we’ll have to be on the lookout for black ice for the next week. Yup, not going anywhere for awhile.

Might as well order dinner now. Viktor, I’ll start with a salad and a glass of wine Pinot now. I’ll have the chicken vegetable soup again. Francois made cheese biscuits. Those will be perfect with the soup. Later this evening I’ll have apple crumble pie and coffee for dessert. Thanks, Viktor.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm with you yup not going anywhere this weekend. I'll be going swimming tomorrow morning, but that's it. Our snow isn't coming until Monday though, but it's going to be cold out there this weekend. I may just move into the Cyber Cafe. In the real world I'll just stay inside, crank up the heat and pull out the blankets, and my warm bunny slippers. For dinner tonight I'll have the rotisserie chicken with potato salad, and green beans, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Maybe I'll make some chocolate chip cookies over the weekend to keep the place warm. I wish I had remembered to take my turkey out of the freezer, that would have warmed up the place on a Sunday. Before dinner tonight I think I'll go for a dip in the pool, and then have dinner in the indoor pool room.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s a good morning. Francois made croissants this morning. We might even see @NVintage here for croissants and coffee. Viktor just took my order. I had to order a croissant with my omelet this morning. I couldn’t resist. Igor has a fire going in the fireplace this morning. It’s lovely.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Yeh, thinking ahead to our coming weekend cold snap, I wish I could train my dogs to use the bathroom inside. :/ But I'm sure even they won't want to spend much time out there. :) I'd prefer shoveling snow. to finger numbing weather.

Could I have some warm soft chewy peanut butter cookies for breakfast? Those are one of my weaknesses, along with ice cream but brrrr..... Just a plateful with some milk please. I'll share if anyone's in the mood for a dessert breakfast. :)