January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Thanks. I'm glad I'm here too. Great running. Enjoy your rest day today!

@globalhiker I hope you are able to find the right shoes for you.

Thanks @Teresa502 ! Love the picture. It is so pretty in your neck of the woods.

@martaindale Great long run! You're going to do great next weekend.

@polskagirl01 Thanks. I was expecting wood, but noticed it wasn't.

@marisap2010 Fingers crossed for better weather next weekend.

@Scott6255 Great running in that wind. Not my favorite thing to do.

@katharmonic Great job in getting in a treadmill run. I hope you are able to run in DC and the weather isn't too bad.

Nice running @kgirlhart . I'm sort of over winter too. :lol:

@rheddmobile Yeah for working central heat again. Still waiting on my part to come in. Glad you were able to run. Hope DH's asthma quits giving him fits soon. I hear you about your mom's housekeeper. I'd be annoyed too.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, another 2 miles on the treadmill this morning. Nothing to write home about, but it’s all about consistency and getting back in the swing of things this month.

@rheddmobile - sorry for your worries. Totally understand your frustration. Hope your mother stays well.

Exciting that some of you have races coming up. Enjoy the prep and taper and I’m sure you will smash it!

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m

Jan total: 20.1m
    Jan target: 30m
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    1/3 – 7.02 miles
    1/4 – 6.02 miles
    1/5 – 5.08 miles
    1/6 – 4.03 miles
    1/8 – 8.03 miles
    1/9 – 4.75 miles
    1/10 – 3.10 miles (treadmill)

It was about 19F when I got up this morning. After my cross training workout (leg day), I hopped on the treadmill for a slow 3.1 miles.

Safe travels @katharmonic!

I too am over winter @kgirlhart!

@rheddmobile – I agree – you are a pair. An inspiring pair!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo
    If you do not mind please, would you repost your 'challenge' from awhile back. It is the two exercises that the doctor wanted you to do. I just cannot remember one of them.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running everyone.

@kgirlhart It was to see how many times you can stand up straight and sit back down in five seconds and to see how long you can hold your legs up when lying on your stomach.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart wrote: »
    January Goal: 100 Miles
    I realize it is only the first week of January,  but I am already over winter and ready for spring.

I was 'over winter' when the days started to get shorter and it dropped below 60.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    01/01/22 :::: 5.0 :::: 5.0
    01/02/22 :::: 3.2 :::: 8.2
    01/03/22 :::: 2.0 :::: 10.2
    01/04/22 :::: 4.2 :::: 14.4
    01/05/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 17.5
    01/06/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 20.6
    01/07/22 :::: 0.0 :::: 20.6
    01/08/22 :::: 6.0 :::: 26.6
    01/09/22 :::: 3.0 :::: 29.6
    01/10/22 :::: 3.0 :::: 32.7

I got up early-ish and went to the gym to run on the treadmill before my flight to DC. It's cold here but not as cold as at home so I guess that's something. I brought one set of outside running gear and a few indoor options. We'll see how hearty I feel. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest to I foresee a treadmill run in the hotel gym.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    1/1 – 6.11
    1/2 – 6.21
    1/4 – 6.31
    1/5 – 5.11
    1/7 - 7.05
    1/8 - 6.32
    1/10 - 6.02

43.13 of 160 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job on getting your run in before heading on your trip. I hope you manage to get in the runs you want. I sometimes have a hard time running on a hotel treadmill. They are so different from the one I am used to and I feel self conscious if there are other people around. Not sure why, but I am.

Hahaha @juliet3455 !

@skippygirlsmom Those are amazing runners. I doubt if I could keep up with either of them on a bicycle.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I can't even fathom being that fast! A co-worker ran the Dopey Challenge this weekend. I was impress with his finish times. After running a 5K, 10K, HM, he ran the full in 4 hours, 2 minutes.

@tramboman - I'm cold just looking at your ice beard!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Charboneau became the first runner to win all four events in the event’s 29-year history. She started her challenge with the 5K on Thursday, Jan. 6 and finished with the marathon on Jan. 9. She completed the marathon in 2:45:13, the half marathon in 1:19:20, the 10K in 36:36 and the 5 km in 17:39 – completing all four races is known as the “Dopey Challenge.”

And, she did it in costume! I loved that she got into the spirit and dressed up. She even did the half black half white hair for Cruella in the marathon. Usually the elites are business as usual for these races.

@Tramboman Nice ice beard!!

@juliet3455 New shoes it is!!

@rheddmobile That is so frustrating about your mom! Of all the people that should understand limiting exposure, you would think a nurse would get it.

I guess I am in the minority here that is still loving winter. We have just had so little winter here that the cold is still novel and running is just so much more pleasant. I willingly admit that my winter just isn’t the same as most of yours, but I am still relishing each cold day I can get!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @martindale if you look at the one picture of her "costume" she had on leggings and a frozen tank top, not really my idea of costume. But dang she was moving!!

I didn't run today and it makes me sad. No clue what I did last night, I was sitting with my ankles crossed watching that stupid team beat the beat football team ever and I went to get up and I couldn't walk on my recovered ankle. I thought oh it is probably just from sitting, but it actually hurt. Took some advil and went to bed thinking I'll be good in the morning. Well nope. So I decided to give it a rest day.

Okay so not running related but I have to brag on my girl in spoiler
    Most of you may know she working with ESPN+ for sports on her campus, doing camera work etc. Well a contact she has at ESPN called her and said can you leave school for 5 days and come up to New York (Verona I think) I'm working a boxing match and want you to be my assistant technical director. They pay all her expenses, give her per diem and will pay her 3 times what she's making on campus an hour. You may also know she's in Mobile where it's in the 70s, going where it's 11, but for some weird reason she grabbed her new long winter coat so she'll have that. Lynne (the contact) even told her another technical director wants to talk to her about working with her this Spring covering golf tournaments for ESPN. She is beyond excited and I'm so proud of her. She called her professor whose class she would have to miss and he yelled GO GO GO I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GO GO!! LOL

That's so awesome!!!!