WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Good idea to have a break, KJ, you probably need one, covid or no covid. I was quite moved by your avatar in Encanto. I really hope you can shed some of that burden. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Love you. <3

Lisa - Hooray for the improvement and the better doctor. That VA sounds c##p.

Rita- When you feel uncomfortable and uneasy it usually means change is coming, You deserve a wonderful life. <3

Pretty in pink, Machka. Great colour for you. :D

Karen - Do you have a therapist currently? I used to be plagued with perfectionism, fear of failure etc etc. It was sooooo crippling. I'm not completely over it, but it's massively improved over the last few years. Can you talk it over with someone sympathetic?((( Big hugs. )))

I had another 30 min nap this afternoon, after doing my rowing. Woke up, went downstairs to start my cooking prep, and suddenly realised I was feeling 'normal '. I was singing away. Wow! Fingers crossed it continues. :p

Love to all. I emailed Penny. Her mother died, but she was able to be with the family and support her father through it. She hopes to be able to drop in soon.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am off to the dentist for a scheduled tooth cleaning. DH will go in a bit later today.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Made it back to the YM and water exercise yesterday. That felt good. Trying to stick with 20 g of protein at each meal and 25 g of fiber per day. Doing fairly well with that, now the challenge is to reduce added sugar. That I think is going to be harder for me.

KJ - thanks for the Encanto heads up. Iam feeling very much like that especially after my DB and DBIL both called yesterday bugging me about mom's will. What is there is there and not in my control.

Sympathy to Penny. It is really hard but particularly long distance.

Katla - good luck at the dentist.

Believe in your capacity to change, Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,434 Member
    Today was a simple eating day. Soup was chicken broth, kielbasa beef sausage, baby potatoes, cabbage, mushrooms, and wild rice. It was delightful!
    vx9yva22w6bz.jpg
    Getting ready for Thursday timeout fast tomorrow.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/ family, foggy- 1hr 37min 32sec, 3.18ap, 58elev, 83ahr, 99mhr, 5.19mi= 478c
    Strava app = 626c
    Zwift home spin bike- 48.54min, 125elev, 93aw, 59arpm, 133ahr, 157mhr, 15mi= 417c
    Zwift app = 264c

Total cal 895
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    I am still reading to catch up. I am starting to feel better and have a voice. I have been stopping at the Wellness center on way out of work everyday. It is the employee gym and riding the newstep and doing some hand weights. Not a lot but a start and working my way up.

Flea--Great news on your scans and reports. I truley believe in the power of prayer.

The hospital where I work has pateint sitters. It's for patients that could try and get up and fall or for at risk patients( attempt sucide). Also we sit with pateint that are dying and have no family present. I have done it when they have needed the help.

Well I am up to page 23. One Day at a Time.

Allie--Great news about the new grandson.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Evening ladies
    Yes the shusher here in the states is basically a white noise machine ,for babies ,i also got them a nail buffer for Miles like the ones they have for pets but much lighter trying to cut a babys nails is so scary.
    Got laundry done and went and got Homer outside,poor guy they have him on antibiotics, and he threw up all over the couch ,not once but twice.. i cleaned up as best i could.. poor little guy.. so they cut his meds in 1/2 hope that helps..
    The crazy kid that and his grandmother that live above me are moving out thank goodness.. the kid was a pain in the neck...

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Thank you all. :)

cqxy5k19veln.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Lll
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    :)<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Worked, came home and got dinner ready, then went to the Green Room. Left there and went to Aldi. They are out of sooooo much. So I had to go to WalMart. Came home, ate dinner, then Newcomer bowling.

I'm really going to try getting to the gym tomorrow. Have everything in the car and my clothes out. I know that if I come home from work, I'm sunk. So hopefully, I can go right after work

Kelly W – my SIL’s mother goes for blood tests, I think monthly. Do you?

Gettting colder here. They’re calling for snow Sat. night into Sun. Well, I’ll believe it when it’s on the ground

Heather – glad your friend is coping well

It seems that a fair number of people have had Covid and since the CDC now says that you can return to work after 5 days I wear a mask. Like I said, I’m not going to be stupid but I refuse to let this run my life.

KJ “ the bathroom becomes part of our routine”. You name the store and I can tell you where the bathroom is

Lisa and katla – I have a dentist appt tomorrow!

Allie – good luck with the consultation

Heather – thanks for the update about Penny. I think of her often

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) Appointments are very stressful for me, too. Especially ones that require special clothing like bone density (sweatpants instead of my regular jeans) or blood draw or blood pressure (short sleeves instead of my regular three layers of long sleeves).

:) I got things settled today with the facility where I teach line dance. Now they know that I have no idea when I'll feel safe coming back so they can rent to someone else even though I signed a contract. I told my friend who teaches the intermediate class and she is sorry to hear my news but completely understands.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Appointments are very stressful for me, too. Especially ones that require special clothing like bone density (sweatpants instead of my regular jeans) or blood draw or blood pressure (short sleeves instead of my regular three layers of long sleeves).

:) I got things settled today with the facility where I teach line dance. Now they know that I have no idea when I'll feel safe coming back so they can rent to someone else even though I signed a contract. I told my friend who teaches the intermediate class and she is sorry to hear my news but completely understands.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Three layers of long sleeves?

I'd be absolutely soaked!

I put my heavy long sleeved tops in a bin downstairs. I put my light long sleeved tops in the bottom shelves of a cupboard where they are less convenient to get at. And all I wear are sleeveless or short sleeved - all year round.

I wear as little as I can get away with and still be appropriate.

I am just constantly hot and periodically I heat up even more. Yesterday, I stopped in at a store that had poor ventilation. I was hot when I went in, and a few minutes later, I was literally dripping off my elbows.

I often have trouble holding onto things because my hands get so wet and everything I'm holding gets wet.

If I didn't just lose 2 doctors, I'd almost be tempted to go and ask about it.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    <3 Been a long couple of days. Will catch up maybe tomorrow

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Poerava14 wrote: »

Machka: What do you do with the beautiful artwork you are making? I love 'em!

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    RENEWAL in Progress....

So far, they're all still in the colouring book(s).

One, however, I really like and I am thinking about framing it. I haven't taken a photo of it yet.

M in Oz