WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Rori - many happy returns of your birthday. I hope it's filled with joy and peace.

Barbie - It sounds like a lovely way to mark an anniversary - singing to each other. Happy anniversary.

Rita - Love the flying saucers!

KatieBug - So glad your dad is where he needs to be, and that y'all can all sit with him now.

Heather - Glad you're back to running again! Your dedication to exercise is a goal I would like to reach.

Vicki - Well done on the gym after work streak!

Beth - Yep, I'm going to be in similar shape, as my insurance does NOT pay for crowns, period. If I went to the more expensive level of insurance with them, they would, but the amount it would go up would be more than the crown will cost. And I would still have to wait for a year after the change in levels before it would pay. There are no easier answers with dentistry.

Boring theories on why I'm sleeping better:
    Much better wake up this morning - yesterday was a relapse of sorts. Sleeping nearly 8 hours is such a wonderful thing. I know I sound like I'm waffling on about it, but there's a reason--when I weighed nearly 300 pounds, an eight-hour sleep was easy to obtain and relatively common. After I lost more than half my weight due to the gastric bypass, an eight-hour sleep became incredibly rare. My theory on that was that I could no longer sedate myself with food. For the last 17 years, I've averaged between four and five hours sleep a night.

I think it became a feedback loop. I was always tired in the morning because I'd only slept a few hours, so I drank more and more coffee, which kept me from sleeping well or for long periods, which meant I woke up tired, and drank coffee so I could be more alert, and so on.

Under the "every cloud has a silver lining," theory, during my recent health struggles, I was unable to stand coffee, so I switched to tea. It also changed some chemistry in my digestive system that made it where I could drink water again--plain water hurt my stomach ever since the gastric bypass. The tea and the water are both healthier for me than coffee, and for an added bonus, I am also sleeping better.

I pride myself on being slightly smarter than the average bear - and it fascinates me that I'm perfectly capable of ignoring evidence that isn't what I want to hear. Like the fact that I'm apparently quite sensitive to caffeine, and if I had stopped drinking coffee a decade ago, I might have straightened up my sleep issues.

Phoned the Social Security people, and they are still not doing any face-to-face appointments because of Covid, but they do have a dropbox where I can take all these precious documents. He said to put them all in an envelope with the correct form, and within 24 hours, they will scan them into their system and then mail them straight back to me. It's not ideal, but it's better than mailing them both ways.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    Options
    Rori Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    I was just about to start cooking dinner (I like to get ahead :p ) when my phone rang. It was my friend L, who lost her partner. Long call with lots of cathartic crying and reminiscing. She is going to see her old therapist tomorrow to talk about stuff she finds too private to share. Good idea. We talked about anger etc and all the different feelings you have when someone dies, especially suddenly.
    She recommended I look at her BIL's (the one who died shortly after her partner) folk club Facebook page to see the tributes to him. He was obviously a very well-beloved man who ran this folkclub. I had no idea what he looked like, so it was good to see videos of him talking and singing. The double shock was hard.

I finished the cooking, pork in cider stew. Then rowed for 30 minutes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,076 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I did my two minutes elliptical and my yoga. I also did two minutes of marching in place which is much kinder to my knee. I touched my toes to the top of my kettlebell to make sure I was lifting my knees evenly. I logged it as military marching but that's not quite right. When I marched in the military, it was much closer to a natural stride, although I don't know about the pace. Anyway the key is that I may be able to get beyond two minutes without trashing my knee! Looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I'm doing a three hour meditation thing on zoom which will kill my back. It bothers me that I can do forty toe touches with 8 lbs of dumbbells so my lower back is strong, but my upper back can't sit upright for an hour, even with lumbar support. I've been working on a pushup for over a year now and I can do forty on my knees. When Covid is over, I might have to get a trainer.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Harrumph. I weigh 169.5 exactly the same as a week ago. Something is wrong. I did go over calories last night. Maybe that was it. Daily average calories for the week was 1041.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Your friend is very pretty and vivacious looking.

Carol in gA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,748 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies just..
    I dont know if its the kidney thing or what but I am sleeping alot more i remember my mom did too,i went to sleep around 9 wokr up around 4 went back to sleep till around 7:30 but then went back to sleep around 9 and slept until 11.. ill be up the rest of the day now. But lordy.. its just crazy.
    Rori - Happiest of Birthdays..
    Barbie and Jake - Happiest of Anniversaries !!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Heather--Thanks for the update on Penny. So sorry to hear her mother has passed. Please give her my love and am praying for them.

Rori--Sounds like your trip to the snow mountains will be fun. I have gotten the book to start filling out for our will and where and what everything is. I just need to start at page one and do it. Thanks for the reminder. I have been procrastinating about this for over a year. No excuse. But with DH's health and all the friends our age and younger passing away I need to get it done. Happy Birthday.

Kay--Glad to hear your sister is able to visit with your dad. Pray the rehab is a good fit for your dad.

Rita--Interesting picture of whatever, UFO??

Barbie--Happy Anniversary. 33 years is something to be proud of.

I am so glad that today is Friday. It has been an interesting week. We the upswing in Covid cases they are making everyone double mask this week. Even those of us in an office away from patients. Anyway I have been wearing the KN95 and my face needs a break. Anyway have the weekend off and looking forward to being home. Sounds like the weather is going to change later today and they have been canceling events across the state. Then Sunday back in the 50"s. Will stop at the gym on the way out of work today. Yesterday I added 5 minutes on the treadmill. Not a lot, but from where I am starting it's a start. My knee was not happy,

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE Where it can not decide what season we are in. <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    Options
    (((Heather)))
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,142 Member
    Options
    Barbie I hope you have a fantastic time Celebrating your
    🎉💞Anniversary 💞🎉
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 144.4 :rage:, Joe, readings, BP, BB&B, dogs to powerline, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, H20x6, active 3.02, mfp50+.
    Bonus: 20 mins filing, expanded bequest committee report, bank, massage, recycling
    Workin’ on it:
    Happier January 2022
    14: Eat healthy food which really nourishes you today. Veggies, citrus, avocados and beans!

Rori, best birthday greetings! Treat yourself well.
    Annie so many possible exposures here too. Please try to channel that worry into some healthful activity, otherwise you’ll exhaust yourself and you need your energy for your yoga!
    Beth Ouch! Isn’t that the way of DDSes?
    Allie, Joe and my sleep patterns are crazy too, and not even in sync with eachother. [sigh]
    Kylia “…make the best choices you can…” Amen, sister, amen.
    Rebecca I need to post that “make time for your wellness…” motto onto my laptop screen timer ;)
    Debbie thanks. Sad to hear there are areas in the Napa Valley where you don’t feel comfortable going alone. Mama and Papa lived in Napa for the last years of their lives and it was a lovely, safe little town then.
    Heather brava!
    Rita they sure look otherworldly to me. ;)
    Vicki 4 days in a row, yay!
    Terri “…lovely restful day as DH was out…” ain’t it the truth! :laugh:
    Ginny “…tolerate meetings” :laugh: My Papa’s family were Kennedys too ;) but he always said, “not related to those Kennedys, we had to work for a living…”

Tumble didn’t want to go to the powerline this afternoon so Shadow and I left without her. She then jumped on Joe-in-bed and gave out two angry barks. Shadow heard her and made me come back up the hill and get her. They surely have us well-trained! :smile:

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    7cj23tbmm254.gif

Napa itself is still a nice safe town as far as I know. We live at the south end of the valley (on the edge of American Canyon)- the gym where they have the Aqua zumba is south Vallejo.
    My son drives up to Napa for work instead of working at the Grocery Outlets here(there are two)
    We do pretty much all of our grocery shopping in Napa.

Happy birthday Rori- enjoy your birthday weekend!

Happy Anniversary Barbie- sweet the way you still celebrate!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rori. I know you will enjoy your time in the mountains.
    Barbie -Happy Anniversary to you and Jake. I liked that you sang to each other’s.
    Met a new lady down the street yesterday. She is a new widow and doesn’t know too many people. She is a retired librarian so I invited her to my books club.
    Have to take Riley (my pup) for a walk.
    SueBDew in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Hello Chantal. Is that your name? Great first post, you could have a career in journalism. :D Maybe you do?
    Welcome to our thread. We are a packet of "Allsorts", so there's always someone to click with. Lots of lively minds on here.
    Sounds as if you are a 'creative contrarian'. Are you sure lawyering is the right job for you? What would you really like to do?
    Hope to hear more from you on here.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day -

Walk w/Kirby, no yogi- 1hr 34min 6sec, 45elev, 3.26ap, 81ahr, 103mhr 5.16mi= 491c
    Strava app= 623c
    Walk home to gym- 9.53min, .53mi= 51c
    Treadmill jog- 29.37min, 9.32min mi, 126ahr, 180mhr, 6-8sp, 5k= 367c
    Walk gym to home- 10.23min, .54mi= 54c
    Strava app= 66c

Total cal 963
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Worked and they told me that I didn’t have to come back after the dentist. I had gotten quite a few things done (pickles, lettuce, I wrapped the cheese yesterday, peeled the onions and had started on the tomatoes). So, really, the only things that needed to be done were to finish the tomatoes and do the onions. I just said “are you sure because I don’t have a problem coming back”. But they told me not to bother. OK. So I went home and got dinner ready to microwave, started to make yogurt but it was taking way too long for the milk to come to temp so I put it in the refrig to do later. Then...I actually got to the gym. However, even tho I called this morning to confirm that I could use the room after 10:30, when I got there around 11 they were going to have a class at 12:15 and there is no way I would be out of there by 12:15 so, unfortunately, I didn’t get to exercise. So I went to the Salvation Army where I got a pair of pajamas, a shirt, and a skein of yarn. Then went to the WalMart near there and got a few things I can’t seem to get down by me.

Dentist said that I have a cavity (doesn’t hurt me) so I’ll need to go back so he can fill it. I don’t have a problem with that, I’d rather he do it now then wait till it gets much worse.

Took Clyde to the vet. His lump got much bigger and Vince was worried. I say “worry when there’s something to worry about”. Seems the vet thinks he was bit by a brown recluse spider. Honestly, I tend to doubt it. He has a lump but it’s not a fibro or anything like that. Update: put epson salt on it and today it's much better

Tomorrow work and then the soup kitchen. Afterwards, I’m going to take these outdoor Christmas things to this place in Newton so they can repaint them. I took something a few years ago and they did a good job.

Katie – so glad your dad is in a rehab place. Sounds like things are a bit less stressful for you.

Rori – happy birthday! Sounds like you’ll have a great time on your trip. Good for you!

Ginny – I’m so sorry for all your losses

Barbara – good thoughts being sent for your brother. I don’t think I’ll go to church this weekend. Since the priest was exposed, I’m not sure if he has C or not so I’m not going to take any chances. I’m sure he’ll know by next weekend.

Made mini chocolate conuts for Vince. Normally, I might have one or two, but I put icing on them for him and that sort-of turns me off. When you said to beth “ROTFLMAOWMP”, I got everything except for when the WMP stood for. What does it stand for?

They are calling for snow this weekend. I keep hearing 8-12 inches, which probably means 3-4. Vince keeps saying that if we get snow in the double digits, I can’t go to work because my car won’t clear. I just told him “then you can drive me to work”. Not that that pleased him….lol

Got a question. For years now (yes, years) Vince has been having this mucus buildup. He says it’s in his sinuses and he has to cough, that breaks it up. Well, our GP gave him this and that, nothing helped. So now he’s going for allergy shots (since he is allergic to cats). I don’t think they’re helping. I don’t like the sound when he coughs to break the phlegm up. Has anyone else had something like this?

Have yogurt in the IP right now.

Friday here: well, I actually got to the gym Feels good

Ginny ON and barbara – when the kids asked “daddy, what do you do at work”. He would answer “read email and go to meetings”.

Barbie – happy anniversary

chantalblom – happy belated birthday! I’m so sorry you’re in quarantine. How much longer will you be?

Michele NC