Senior Golden Sneakers............September

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    IRENE, Happy happy birthday dear heart!! hope you are feeling up to celebrations, we all celebrate you in our lives

we love you!!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi SNEAKER PALS!
    It's my Sabbath and what a great day it has been so far. Church, then a nice lunch of cooked garlic chicken the crock pot with veggies, followed by nice well deserved NAP, and then reading a good book I picked up in Seattle Washington a few years ago called Kitchen Table Wisdom, stories that heal. I really love to read the different stories that have been compiled in this book.Now I just did my pilates for Dummies DVD and feel great and a bit sweaty too. AND HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

Birdie, Isn't it great we know people like Phoebe that KNOW about these techy things like the difference between WI Fi and Wii Fit and all the rest of the lingo that is in our world today. I get so confused too when they get throwing those terms around. I am glad to know I am not alone.

Marie: WOW I love the quilt squares that you showed up. What a talent you have . You never stop amazing me.

Buzz: I am sure we all have a "dirty eating diary day or two that we could report." But let's just try to have fewer of them as we go along. But a treat once in a while never hurts. I made molasses cookies today just for the fun of it. Gave a plate of them to the neighbors and my son and husband are eating their share as well. They are tempting me but I have resisted so far.

Jeri: Some day I am going to travel to Canada and see those beautiful scenes that you behold ever day. It does remind me of Idaho in some ways where I grew up. Thanks for sharing all that GREEN lush country with us. And the mountains with the snow on the tops is beautiful too. Sorry about your computer but also have fun choosing a new one and a car as well. Seems like soon you will hit the jackpot!

Barbie: Are you about finished with your work shop?

Sandy: I'm wondering what new charity or organization you will be supporting this week. You are always impressing me with your involvement in so many different things that help the world.

Everyone else... Just Have a lovely day. Phyllis
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Irene!!!!
    May God Bless you in a special way today!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sandy I like your new profile picture!:happy:

Have a great weekend all!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:heart::drinker: :heart:
  • piquilter
    Options
    Jeannie here is my crumb blocks Don't laugh. they are surpose to be whcky Next week we will make stas. Can hardly wait.

OMG Marie, I LOVE them :love: :love: :love: :love: I'm still working on quilting the placemats, go figure :huh: and need to finish organizing and sorting through fabric before I can even think about doing any. I have so many UFO's and things I haven't started. I think it would be fun though to make just a couple blocks a week. Can't wait to see next week's crumbs :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Took a break now because I have some catching up on the finance stuff yet again :cry:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :bigsmile: Kind of a gloomy day here and it is making me so sleepy.:yawn: I did manage to do an hour on my stationary bike and get 300 calories so that is a good thing. :tongue: The benefit was good last night except my neighbor who invited my DIL and me told us dinner was at 6:00 so we left our house at 5:30. Her husband kept telling her to get there by 4:30 but she didn't listen to him. :wink: Dinner was over when we got there and a couple of the chances we wanted to buy were sold out. They were kind enough to still serve us so we didn't starve. My DIL and I bought extra raffles tickets for what we missed and bid on a couple of things on the silent auction. The proceeds were going to a group home for Downs Children and Adults. My neighbors grandson has Downs so we wanted to support this cause since they are so involved. We were lucky with our raffles and won numerous prizes which almost got to be embarrassing. Cheryl, my DIL will donate most of our winnings to her daughter's school when they have their fundraiser in March, so it was a win win situation.:love:

Jeanne, I wish I new what you are talking about when you talk to Marie about quilting, but no need to explain, I can see that you are a great quilt maker. :smile:

Birdie, thanks for the compliment, the picture is from our anniversary on Wednesday. The flowers were from his daughter and her husband. You also have a great weekend and keep up the good work. :love: I also have the Wii console with lots of exercise DVD's, I don't use it as much as when I first got it, but I think it sounds like a great idea to try again, I especially like the step exercise because as you step on the board and it counts the steps and calories for you, you can also switch back and watch TV while you exercise. :happy:

Phoebe, I know you will miss those kitties and I won't be surprised if you say you took one with you in the truck. :laugh:

Buzz, with all that has been going on in your life, don't worry about missing our anniversary. I hope your heart is getting better with all of the loss that you have endured lately. :brokenheart:

Phyllis, glad you had a great day for your Sabbath. The chicken in the crock pot sounds delicious. :drinker:

Jeri, another beautiful picture to keep us smiling. What kind of new car did you buy? I just bought a new desktop computer and originally ordered a Dell but they messed up my order so bad I cancelled after waiting for almost six weeks. My son is a computer troubleshooter in Portland Oregon and suggested I get a Lenovo and I am very happy with it. I would have loved to have gotten an Apple Desktop but the kind I wanted was way to expensive and since I work with windows I thought it would be difficult to make the change.:noway:

Marie, love your "crumb blocks" whatever that means, but I do presume it means each square. :laugh: You and Jeanne are great quilters so let us see the finished project when you are done please. :heart:

Becky, Becky, Becky, what are we going to do with you? You are losing weight, you are exercising, watching your diet and you are complaining when you look in the mirror? Trust me, I don't care how much any of us lose, none of like what we see in the mirror unless we are fully clothed and even better with some makeup. :laugh: Top heavy meaning big 'boobs" (sorry Jake), a lot would like that problem. Try changing up your workout, do some sit ups and lunges. Do Julian Michaels 30 day shred and you will see a difference. You look terrific young lady and you have 8 children. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I seemed to have not gotten anything done today and here it is dinner time. Some days are unproductive. :grumble:

Have a great rest of your day!!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Wanted you to see my flowers before the cold weather comes.

003-2.jpg
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Wanted you to see my flowers before the cold weather comes[/unquote]

It's just lovely, SANDY ...like you!

Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Irene please forgive me about not getting around to your birthday.. absent minded old lady I am. wishing you the best in life Love you.
    937397girk14irgu.jpg
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I had a busy day today, I couldn't sleep so I got up at 5:30 am and did 25 min on my stationary bike, my knees thanked me for it. Then made breakfast and then gassed the car and got groceries. When I got home I started my canning, I made salsa, beet relish, and zuccini pickles. When I finishe that I did my 2 mile walk. I feel good when I am busy. Tomorrow we are going to see some of the people I use to work with for dinner, this should be good.

Well folks, have a great evening.
    Chris
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Thank you PHYLIS. Alberta really is beautiful. You would really enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

SANDY. Your flowers are beautiful. We bought a Hyaundai Sonata car. Itnseems to be quite nice.

My computer is definitely not working now. GRRRRRRR. SANDY. I have not heard of that brand.
    Does anyone have any other recommendations for a new computer?

We are heading out to my dd's for brunch tomorrow. I am taking a fruit salad. My grandson and myself will have gluten free, dairy free, egg free frozen waffles that they will purchase. They won't be as good as then ones I make. LOL. But they will probably be lower in calories though.

Have a good day tomorrow every one.
  • piquilter
    Options
    Sandy, I'd never heard of 'crumb' quilts until a couple months ago when a lady I'd met showed me one she was making. She told me the idea originated in England & they are literally made of small scraps that often times just got thrown away...I would be guilty of that. Think of it as recycling with fabric :happy: Marie's blocks were way more complicated than any I'd seen, she's pretty amazing for someone with poor eyesight:noway:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Irene please forgive me about not getting around to your birthday.. absent minded old lady I am. wishing you the best in life Love you.
    937397girk14irgu.jpg

Actually my birthday is Sunday, September 18. So you didn't miss it after all. You had it so close on the list that I didn't bother correct it. Thank you for the good wishes. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: Aww shucks Irene. blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Will fix the list right now.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :bigsmile: Beautiful day here with the sun shining and temps in the 60's. :glasses: I am sorry I led you all astray on Irene's birthday :blushing: but look at it this way, we get to celebrate her day twice. :bigsmile: My son in law woke me up this morning to tell me his wife did not get on the plane as their water hose broke on the dishwasher and their kitchen was flooded. No real damage but the plumber is coming to fix the problem. She will reschedule for another time which we are used to her doing since she suffers from anxiety and changes plans often. :ohwell:

Jeanne, thanks for the explanation on the crumb quilt, it sounds like a good way to use up all the scraps from other projects. :happy: Marie is just amazing in everything she does, we sure have a hard act to follow with her. :heart:

Jeri, the Sonata is a good car, I think you will be happy with it. As far as computers I never heard of a lenovo either and was hesitant to buy one but my son assured me it was exactly like a Dell without the problems that Del seems to be having. Gateway is another computer recommended by Cnet.com, but I think it is a matter of personal choice. They have some all in one desktop with touch screen which Marie might have, but not sure. Have fun with the family today, I would not worry about calories, it sounds like you have it under control.

Chris, you do keep busy and you are doing so great on your exercise. What exercises did your doctor recommend for your knees? I always thought the elliptical was the best for knees but it seems to bother mine so I use the bike. I also walk with Daisy but that sometimes causes pain down my leg which I think is from sciatica. Was your knee surgery difficult and are you glad you had it done?? :tongue:

Marie, you weren't late at all in fact you are early for Irene's birthday. :laugh: I saw on Face Book that Beth is in Texas for 24 hours, I told her to go see you but she is four hours away. Hope you blood count is still under control and you have cooler temps. :heart:

Buzz, you make me blush :blushing: . I love my flowers this year they are just flourishing. The tall Cannes that I have planted in pots have a story behind them. The bulbs started out probably over 50 years ago with Babe's mother planting them. The bulbs multiply and when you cut them down and bring them in for winter you have twice as many as you started with. So the bulbs have been passed down to different people and continue to grow and multiply each year. :flowerforyou:

It seems i have my weekend free now, wonder what mischief I will get in to?? Have fun getting into your own mischief!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    First off. Sandy love your flowers and such a pretty yard. you are the greatest. Sandy I am having problenm post pics on facebook andt even just to postWhats on my mind . Don't have any problems with replying on someone else post. What is my Problems?

I took the day off yesterday no crumbing. I had a real bad spellof balancing yesterday But fine this morning. Hope to accomplish something today. Making me some home made pickle beets this morning. The fresh ones are so much better. Found some purple fabric in my stash and plan on making some purple flying geese. I had bought me a teamplate to make the geese but I think it is more fun to justs whack them out and hope for the best.

Oh me Irene wonder how we did that . get your birthday goof up. You are just so kind. you should have yell.

Alice fix me a chart to record my blood readings date, weight and I just love it. IIt holds two weeks of records so Iwill be posting my weight loss or gain every 2 weeks.actual I copy it on the back so I can get a month worth on one page.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    First off. Sandy love your flowers and such a pretty yard. you are the greatest. Sandy I am having problem post pics on face book and even just to post What's on my mind . Don't have any problems with replying on someone else post. What is my Problems?

Marie, on Face Book click on the box you want to type in such as what's on your mind, type what you want and hit enter on your keyboard. Sometimes we forget to hit the enter button because we have to hit the reply button on this site, understand? As far as pictures you can either hit the button add a picture and upload a picture from your computer or you can go to your profile and uploads pictures there. Hope this makes sense, if not let me know and I will try again. :heart:
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello ladies, just checking in. How is everyone doing?? I've returned to Tim's full time and yes I'm on call for the Civic and Lodge. Should be a fast moving year ahead, I will be working it away. Oh well, maybe the bills will go away too :laugh:

Fasting every morning is working for me, my body feels better and the grey matter is less foggy too. Seems to be light in mood as well. Toxins being removed I guess. Can't do without popcorn though, no sir, my absolute one and only bad food. But no matter to me, I eat less of it than I did years ago, so it will not pile on me.

Hope all is well here, I'll post again soon.

Marilyn
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Sandy,
    I had bothe knees replaced, dr gave me exercises for after surgery which I did for about a year. Then I had back surgery with pain down my leg. I am still recovering from everything.

Physical therapist for both knees and back have me doing the stationary bike. The back dr and knee dr have me walking every day. Then I asked all of them if I can do lite stretching yoga and they said yes. I cannot kneel on my knees so I use a chair for some of the moves and some I cannot do. I decided to do line dancing to burn some extra calories and its fun.

I try to do a variety of exercise so I don't get bored. I have always exercised but now I do it because I need to so I don't get stiff and sore.

Yes I am glad I had the knees replaced and the long back surgery too. I can do more things with not as much pain, especially the knees.

I had the 3 surgeries in 1 1/2 years and at 64 yrs old it takes more time to recover and I am doing that now that I am retired. Now I can relax when I want to and do things at my pace instead of at work pace, which makes it easier.

I quilt, read a lot, line dance, yoga, walk, can from the garden, and bike, now next year I want to be able to garden without my husband doing the kneeling work for me.

So just keeping busy helps me and my new knees and back. I would do it again. After the knee surgery I was really hurting but did everything the dr told me and they are so much better. After the back surgery was another story, not only very sore but the MRSA got me down for more than 3 months.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

To everyone else have a happy day and enjoy the warm weather for a while, it's in the 60's today here.
    Chris
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Sandy, forgot to tell you I walk with walking poles or I couldn't walk more than a half a block. It takes the stress off the knees and back. Otherwise I can only walk a short distance with a cane.
    Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy, forgot to tell you I walk with walking poles or I couldn't walk more than a half a block. It takes the stress off the knees and back. Otherwise I can only walk a short distance with a cane.
    Chris

Chris do the walking pole help you walk? Just wondering if this old lady could used them.