Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning Missy ☀️
    I love the photo of the floofs you posted yesterday! Is that Nasha, all curled up and looking adorable on the right?

Sara - how are you doing? It's unusual for you to not post. Send up a flare when you have a chance.

Waves to Tracy and Sherry and anyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

Time for me to get going - only one lady responded for today's Meetup walk, and I'm glad. If it were only me, I would take my name off and not go.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

260.4 today

Nasha is watching Karamel and Bronco could care less lol just relaxing in the snow. I should find a local meetup group.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

I didnt realize I have been away for so long. I am sorry.

I am in a "how little can I do before I can go back to bed and sleep?" mode. I am knitting and listening to podcasts after work so not a complete waste.

Missy your dogs are wonderful. I saw a FB "film" about a man in Turkey who is a butcher and the cats and dogs all know he gives them meat so the dogs hang outside and the cats come in.

My neighbor with his loud self and dog have moved out. Considering a new pet, but place to messy for anything immediate.

I am trying to get 4000 steps a day - I got 5k and woke up too stiff to function so I had to bring the ## down.

Off to knit.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Checking in.

Not a lot to report. Hanging in limbo until Rheumatologist appointment on Feb 1st. I did have a lot of gastrointestinal distress Sunday night. I'm trying to make better food choices.

Will find out today if I go to Arizona February 7-11. Possibly New Orleans February 14-17 as well. Trade Show season has begun with a vengeance.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    r6ew8unsj27z.jpeg
    January 11

Good morning ☀️

Sara - so glad to hear that you are OK. Nothing wrong with knitting and listening to podcasts! 4K is 4K--you are doing great!

Sherry - are you really close to goal weight? Maybe that's why the scale isn't rewarding you as it should? You are taking care of yourself, and that is the most important thing 👍🏻

Missy - I guessed wrong with your pups. Dang. They sure are beautiful though. How are you doing with the cold temps up north?

Tracy - I'll be interested to hear about your upcoming travels. You know I go vicariously with you. You did say it's a LOT of work, but it is good activity 🤩

Today is oatmeal for breakfast, nice hot vegetable soup for lunch, and dinner had better be some salmon or something healthy - but I need to go out and get that. 🔨

Lana

260.8 today
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Lana - yes, I'm in the weight range for my height, but most of my adult life I've been able to keep to 100-105.0 Once I hit 50, the doctor lowered my Thyroid med (synthroid) and I went up to 108
    While still a good weight for my height, clothes fit, etc. I really would rather be 104.0
    So, yes I know some of it is that my "set point" (I guess ...ugh) is up higher than I want. And I think some of that is because I'm 50, hypothyroid and lets face it, I must be snacking more than I want to realize.

I've made out my daily plan for food. Still sticking to Gluten free/dairy free/sugar free. Also did research on other AIP protocols, it seems strict but, If indeed this is all my thyroid acting up, the protocols should help my gut. So, I will work on integrating those also. Mainly today having Eggs, shake and Beef for proteins. I love veggies, so plenty of those. I will skip the fruits today and shouldn't need any condiments.

Workout: Chest and back then Abs.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    r6ew8unsj27z.jpeg
    January 11

Good morning ☀️

Sara - so glad to hear that you are OK. Nothing wrong with knitting and listening to podcasts! 4K is 4K--you are doing great!

Sherry - are you really close to goal weight? Maybe that's why the scale isn't rewarding you as it should? You are taking care of yourself, and that is the most important thing 👍🏻

Missy - I guessed wrong with your pups. Dang. They sure are beautiful though. How are you doing with the cold temps up north?

Tracy - I'll be interested to hear about your upcoming travels. You know I go vicariously with you. You did say it's a LOT of work, but it is good activity 🤩

Today is oatmeal for breakfast, nice hot vegetable soup for lunch, and dinner had better be some salmon or something healthy - but I need to go out and get that. 🔨

Lana

260.8 today

Close enough lol 😂 they are loving the cold weather. Me on the other hand I’d be happier if it was in the high 20’s 30’s.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ngicggaemz3x.jpeg
    January 12

Good morning 🧡

Another morning walking with the ladies soon. I made arrangements to pick up one of the ladies, so I can't back out. 😆

BBL

Lana

261.0 today
  • SherryRueter
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    1/12: Po4 Week 2 Day 3 : Flash card Cardio 40mins and Leg toning 20min

10 Days GFDF. 2 Days SF |
    01/08: 108.0 (up .5)
    01/10: 107.6 (back down from Fridays #)
    1/12: 107.8 <-- taking more effort than I want to reduce weight!

Tracked all my food yesterday. Felt sorta good to know that I was eating properly and fueling properly. I plan to track again today.

Lana - hope you had a good walk with the ladies.

Missy / aka Gemwolf? - so what is the temp there? If you're wanting the highs to be in the high 20's ....I'm guessing it's around zero. If I was to ask for highs in the 20's - 30's ...I would be asking for celsius not farenheight. Zero is too cold for me these days. Thermostat is on 75 here and today's high is 55. I will take that any day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Waiting for grocery delivery - it is worth paying to not going into a closed space where 100's of people breathe and they have enforced the mask rule again -but I always wonder and oooh!!! I am lazy.......

Knitting and walking are on my to do list as well as going to the bank - going to the asian store (earlier is less people) and depending on what I get on my "wish list/grocery list" see if I can make dinner?

Lana - I recently found that my hips were very sore because of the height I put my chair and that walking was the only thing that helped - walking is the best/easiest exercise. Good for you.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Accountability:
    1/12: Po4 Week 2 Day 3 : Flash card Cardio 40mins and Leg toning 20min

10 Days GFDF. 2 Days SF |

Tracked all my food yesterday. Felt sorta good to know that I was eating properly and fueling properly. I plan to track again today.

Lana - hope you had a good walk with the ladies.

Missy / aka Gemwolf? - so what is the temp there? If you're wanting the highs to be in the high 20's ....I'm guessing it's around zero. If I was to ask for highs in the 20's - 30's ...I would be asking for celsius not farenheight. Zero is too cold for me these days. Thermostat is on 75 here and today's high is 55. I will take that any day.

It was 18 degrees F with a wind chill and feels like 0 degrees out coldest 10 days of the year. I won’t set my thermostat higher than 65 degrees. Gas costs too much lol
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good morning,

Waiting for grocery delivery - it is worth paying to not going into a closed space where 100's of people breathe and they have enforced the mask rule again -but I always wonder and oooh!!! I am lazy.......

Knitting and walking are on my to do list as well as going to the bank - going to the asian store (earlier is less people) and depending on what I get on my "wish list/grocery list" see if I can make dinner?

Lana - I recently found that my hips were very sore because of the height I put my chair and that walking was the only thing that helped - walking is the best/easiest exercise. Good for you.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

I did grocery delivery for the first time last week don’t know why I never did before. It’s soo easy! And safer
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    Options
    v1vt6zdnpdz2.jpeg
    *** January 13 ***

Good morning 👋🏻

Just getting us started. I am sleeeeeeeepy 🥱

Lana

260.0 today
  • SherryRueter
    Options

Accountability:
    1/13: P4 Week 2 Day 4 : Arms and Abs 60mins

11 Days GFDF. 3 Days SF |
    1/13: 108.0 <-- I guess that's okay. Waiting for a whoosh.....

Missy/Gem - Oh, I get that completely. Living up north in South Dakota the thermostat never went above 71. My grandma kept hers at 68. Down here in Memphis, it doesn't take as much $ because its mid 50's in the day. So much easier in the winter to keep it warmer.

Mornin' Lana!

My workout was bicep curls and Tricep kickbacks and dips. So not much of a heart thumper. I keep waiting for the scale to catch up to my mind and eating habits. Tracked 100% yesterday (as good as I could) I'm hopeful that the habit of tracking will pay off. Basically trying "More water" less actual food.

I went to the sauna last night for 15mins. My heart rate was around 110 while in there. That was impressive, close to what it is when I take a walk. I had read the sauna is supposed to be helpful for releasing toxins. No clue how well studied that is.

Warm here today, mid 50s again. Should be able to walk with just a longsleeve shirt on. Sun is shining and looks delightful. I got my booster shot yesterday....arm feels a bit sore but, other than that I think Im feeling good.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day- we now have to wear KN95 or "paper" masks at work - seems cloth are not as effective....I have some but I will order more. That seems to stress me out a little more.

First salad for lunch that I made for lunch tomorrow - taking to work in my new little 3 part storage unit. I got 5k in steps today and because I lowered my chair at work my hips dont hurt as much.

Just glad tomorrow is Friday!!!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day- we now have to wear KN95 or "paper" masks at work - seems cloth are not as effective....I have some but I will order more. That seems to stress me out a little more.

First salad for lunch that I made for lunch tomorrow - taking to work in my new little 3 part storage unit. I got 5k in steps today and because I lowered my chair at work my hips dont hurt as much.

Just glad tomorrow is Friday!!!

I’m waiting for my employment to do the same just have to make sure it’s medical grade and not a counterfeit. It’s a crazy world out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    wadijv72k704.jpeg
    *** January 14 ***

Good morning Missy ☀️ I see you've got some really cold temps coming at night this weekend--gather up the pups to make a fur blanket for yourself!

Sara - It must be difficult being in a phone-centric workplace and now have to wear those paper masks. How will people hear what you are saying I wonder. I ordered some N95 masks for myself to make traveling safer later this month; I hope that they come soon.

Waving to Tracy and Sherry 👋🏻🌴

What is everyone doing this weekend?
    I maybe have an ice storm coming; crossing fingers we do not lose power!

Lana

258.8 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    wadijv72k704.jpeg
    *** January 14 ***

Good morning Missy ☀️ I see you've got some really cold temps coming at night this weekend--gather up the pups to make a fur blanket for yourself!

Sara - It must be difficult being in a phone-centric workplace and now have to wear those paper masks. How will people hear what you are saying I wonder. I ordered some N95 masks for myself to make traveling safer later this month; I hope that they come soon.

Waving to Tracy and Sherry 👋🏻🌴

What is everyone doing this weekend?
    I maybe have an ice storm coming; crossing fingers we do not lose power!

Lana

258.8 today

Yes cuddling with the pups are on the schedule. I’m pretty much working this weekend. Next day off is Feb 5th. 😫 I really need to find a better paying job so I don’t have to work weekends and go to grad school without taking out any loans.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tell you where my mind was, I was going to congratulate Lana for have an Ice Cream storm coming - oops need to reread.

I sent an email to Mgr adm assist to ask where the sanitize stations went to and are they going to be reinstated? I figure if you are making me ante up it is only fair. Lana yes I often wonder about being able to hear with mask to mask phone calls - that mic is pretty much as close outside my mask and I speak a little louder. Also mandated to get booster shot so I will look in that this weekend.

First salad taken to work did well. Need to learn to shovel faster as I have only 30 minutes.

New boss for Monster starts Monday..... should be interesting.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Tell you where my mind was, I was going to congratulate Lana for have an Ice Cream storm coming - oops need to reread.

I sent an email to Mgr adm assist to ask where the sanitize stations went to and are they going to be reinstated? I figure if you are making me ante up it is only fair. Lana yes I often wonder about being able to hear with mask to mask phone calls - that mic is pretty much as close outside my mask and I speak a little louder. Also mandated to get booster shot so I will look in that this weekend.

First salad taken to work did well. Need to learn to shovel faster as I have only 30 minutes.

New boss for Monster starts Monday..... should be interesting.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

I think that has been most people this week. I would wish for an ice cream storm lol

It’s hard enough to understand and be understood with these mask in person. I can only imagine over the phone.

30 minutes goes by fast. I never finish in 30 minutes. Not a fast eater at all.

Good luck with new boss for Monster!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    Options
    s56uuy3wupx7.jpg
    *** January 15 ***

Half-way through January, almost!

Missy - take good care of yourself over the next couple of weeks. I understand what it is like to work for weeks without a single day off. Big hugs 🤗

Sara - That is interesting that Monster's boss disappeared. Keep us posted on the continuing adventure!
    As for the salads for lunch, maybe you can take soup or a sandwich some of the days, and have the salads at home for dinner? With only 30 minutes for lunch, it's tough. Fresh veggies take a longer time to chew.

Tracy and Sherry, are you getting ready for this storm? I am nervous about a power loss. 😬

Lana

258.6 today