Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    auntiebkI love your pooch pic
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Did my elliptical 2 minutes, marching 4 minutes and my yoga. Yay!

Off to battle fleas. Thanks for the info, Flea!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Annie, I agree with Flea about trying the monthly pill. When we had our very fluffy Pom, I do not remember him ever having fleas even though he did occasionally pick up a tick on our walks.

Kim, I think you were right to follow your instincts to shorten your walk. In this day and time, there are many times I feel wary of strangers and avoid places where I do not feel safe. You are being a great daughter to see after your Mom. I am glad that she is still able to drive near her home.

Sunshine here today in Georgia!
    Carol :)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Heather I understand. The wife of a very supportive cousin just lost her father. The funeral is this Friday. It will be indoors. I would like to go to show support but we are nearing the peak here of this round of COVID.

I think what some around here are failing to realize is that it is in their best interest to prevent the spread in anyway they can because our hospitals are full and they never know if they will have a sudden need for hospital care non COVID related.

Case in point...My nephew's wife is now in hospital in Sweden with an inflamed heart and she is under 50 years of age. She was is good health and not over weight when this happened to her, so health cannot to be taken for granted.

We are interconnected and what I do can effect you.

Case in point neighbors behind son's did not get their trash out properly so it was not picked up. Their trash can overflows every week. Rather than call and pay extra for its removal they decided to burn it in their garage. The smoke was so bad I thought the garage was on fire. They had a vent coming out of their garage and a tarp over the front to hide what they were doing. I did report them to the fire department. Best I can do. I did go outside to investigate and ended up having to wash my clothes the smell was that bad. I also noticed the brand new filter I just put in looked like it had been in there for weeks. Arggh. If I was ready to sell their actions do not help.

After the discussion about the dishwasher I think it would be a good idea to install one before I sell this property. I will look into it this summer. I don't need it for the time I am there. I will just use it as a cabinet to store dishes.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Penny, so very sorry about your mom. Sending prayers for comfort and peace.

I had thoughts of going through something similar myself this past weekend. My 92-year-old Mom fell and broke her neck! Geez, you hear about things like this, but think it could never happen to "you". It's not as critical as it could have been. Thankfully, it broke in such a way that she doesn't need surgery, just a collar for 6-8 weeks, but GOOD LORD, went through an absolute panic when that call came! She spent the weekend at the UofMN neuro floor and is heading to a trans care facility to learn how to function in her collar until she can go back to her assisted care apartment in a couple weeks... or sooner depending on how well she does.

Wow! This had to be super scary for both of you. As you may or may not know, I am dealing with my 92-year old father who fell and broke his hip. It is a roller coaster ride for sure dealing with aging parents, and falls are perhaps one of the worst. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    So I washed all my bedding, and the throws from the TV room. And I put more Frontline on Teddy. I should have the Capstar pills tonight, and that's compatible with the Frontline. He can't have a bath for 48 hours so I think I will plan that for this weekend. Poor dog.

Next I have to vacuum. I hate vacuuming. This must be true love.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Kim – You are a wonderful daughter! Your mom is very lucky to have you in her life.

Pip- I love the photos of Yogi. I am sorely missing my own dog who passed away. So far we haven’t found a puppy. It isn’t puppy season yet.

Margaret – If I was selling a home or buying one, I would definitely want a built-in dishwasher. I think it would be an excellent asset and help to sell the property. Laundry facilities would also be a good selling point.

I am looking forward to yoga this morning. I enjoy the class and the other students. The group is a mix of women and men, most of whom are in the 50+ category. The class will start at 10 am.

Katla in foggy NW Oregon

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good morning ladies. We went for our first walk of the day. No coyote this time! We're hoping to still go to San Diego this weekend. Waiting to hear if they ended up getting covid. We would still like to go even if they do have it since we just got over it and should have natural immunity. Although, I really wasn't in the mood to have company when I was sick.

On the subject of not going to a funeral of someone close I ended up with a negative experience after the fact. When my half-brother passed away we were extremely close and had talked about him not wanting to have a funeral. At the time when he did pass my husband and I had our honeymoon in Mexico the following weekend. I know that my brother would not have expected us to cancel as it was non-refundable. My sister-in-law at the time said that she thought we should go on our trip. However, afterwards the anger part of death came out and was focused on me. My sister-in-law would not have contact with me for a year. My niece was also fueling this issue. My sister-in-law has changed her feelings and apologized to me.

I am going to wrap the presents that we got for the grandkids in San Diego which seems strange at this time of year!

Have a great day everyone!

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    The live-streaming link to the funeral went very well and I was able to see everything. It was a nice funeral, but such a whitewash. :o
    I am not having a funeral, but I do want my friends and family to gather for a dinner and a wake. I hope someone might make a speech, show photos and play music, in my memory. Please do me justice by showing me, warts and all! Do not do any airbrushing. :#
    My friend L made a good speech and there were other readings. But I'm glad I didn't make the 6 hr trek to get there. I love my friend L, but I was never keen on him. Let's say, ambivalent. He was not my type.

Afterwards I needed a drink, but I haven't overdone it by too much. Tandoori chicken for dinner.

Life is complicated. Love is complicated. I feel viscerally, umbilically linked to my friendl I'm sure she is getting drunk right now. <3 Cheers my darling!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ooo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yoga today was good. Many friends were there. I look forward to the exercise and the friendly conversation. Since yoga I’ve done grocery shopping. :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 20.13min, 1.02mi= 90c
    Strava app= 124c
    Walk home to gym- 10.42min, .53mi= 47c
    Strava app= 64c
    Rowing machine- 20min, 55aw, 139ahr, 201mhr, 3256meters= 161c
    Stairclimber- 20min, lvl and incl 6-7, 138ahr, 155mhr, 1383steps 82floors= 203c
    Elliptical machine- 20min, lvl4 for both incl and resist, 133ahr, 172mhr, 1.68mi= 226c
    Walk gym to store then home- 13min, ..80mi= 90c
    Strava app= 90c

Total cal 821

Katla - loosing a pooch is so hard, I know
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I gave Teddy the Capstar and I vacuumed. I can tell the fleas on his belly are moving slowly, while he is a little hyper. The directions said I would notice them falling off of him. Guess I better keep the vacuum out.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    <3