Two Hundred Sit Up Challenge

Options

Replies

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Did 100, took a minute break and did the other 100. Next time I hope to go without the break. If I can do this (I'm one of the laziest people on earth) then all of you can do this!
    MM

btw, your arms look incredible!!

You go, hot mama!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i am actually starting this tonight! i did my test last week and did 30 but i feel like i did them wrong. i am dragging out a mirror tonight to make sure i am doing them correctly...:glasses:

Great! Welcome to the team. Make up mirror or full lenght mirror:laugh: :laugh:

LOL - just a make up mirror taped to my knees! :smokin:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I've been reading about this and decided to do it, so I took my intial test today and was able to pull off 54!! :bigsmile: I was very happy I did that much consecutively. I start on Wednesday giving myself a rest day after today's test.
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    The program put me at week three on my exhaustion test - today was officially day one.

I did 4 reps of 20+, and my max today was 50... on that last set I was really feeling the burn!
    J helped by holding my feet and counting, as I was too busy puffing and panting to keep track :laugh:
    It was really tough, but now that I'm finished I feel as though I accomplished something :smile:

Great job:flowerforyou:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    i am actually starting this tonight! i did my test last week and did 30 but i feel like i did them wrong. i am dragging out a mirror tonight to make sure i am doing them correctly...:glasses:

Great! Welcome to the team. Make up mirror or full lenght mirror:laugh: :laugh:

LOL - just a make up mirror taped to my knees! :smokin:

:blushing:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I've been reading about this and decided to do it, so I took my intial test today and was able to pull off 54!! :bigsmile: I was very happy I did that much consecutively. I start on Wednesday giving myself a rest day after today's test.

Excellent job and welcome to the team.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I only had 40 min in the gym today and it was chest day, so I only got in 50 sit ups but they where roman chair sit ups.
    http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/romanchair.html
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I started column 3 of week one today, got a total of 70 "crunch" style. I don't have even a little of johnblake's "umph" to do the roman chair situps yet. But, I'm going to complete this challenge with crunch style - and then, after building up some core strength, maybe I'll go for the others:bigsmile:

Day one down though.... here we go:drinker:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I only had 40 min in the gym today and it was chest day, so I only got in 50 sit ups but they where roman chair sit ups.
    http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/romanchair.html

Holy cannoli, that looks hard! Don't think I'll ever be able to do them that way:noway:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I had to take today off from working out as I had an appointment after work and now I need to get to bed:yawn:

So, I'm going to do my situps Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for this week then back to Monday, Wednesday and Friday next week.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Checking in.. Last night I began on wk 3, day 1

set 1: 21
    set 2: 27
    set 3: 21
    set 4: 21
    set 5: 32

(I'm doing crunches)

Looking forward to day 2 on Wednesday :smile:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Will get myself informed and make a schedule, hopefully pretty soon.
    Been wondering why sit-ups and not crunches. I'm in with crunches, though maybe the 200 is then a too low number?!
    So, hope to drop in soon :wink:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'd like to join. Will get myself informed and make a schedule, hopefully pretty soon.
    Been wondering why sit-ups and not crunches. I'm in with crunches, though maybe the 200 is then a too low number?!

Yes, please "do drop" in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • johnblake
    Options
    no workout today sorry

I got hit by a truck..................................no not really I have a cold and it just hit me last night.

tomorrow 200 sit up sick or not. I'm here for you guy or really it seams mostly women here.
  • johnblake
    Options
    a full sit up works more muscle groups, upper and lower abs plus hip flex and you lower back.
    be careful first check with a DR do you have any lower back pain? or if it does start hurting stop and go back to crunchs.
    I posted some ideas of how to do a sit up.
    Wash board abs by April
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Count me in too. I started with 30. I'm already into week 2 and seeing improvement (except it keeps getting harder :sad: ). Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing (in relation to different exercises including crunches/sit-ups) the instruction to "isolate the abs" during the exercise:indifferent: What does that mean exactly? Johnblake? Anybody? Does that mean to tense those specific muscles - like "suck them in"?
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I'm in =] This sounds like a cool challenge. I have no idea how many I can do so this will be a great test!
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm gonna give this a shot! I did the initial test and for a brief moment was pleased to discover that I could do a whopping 32! Then I read on to find that my measly 32 left me in the poor category :cry: Oh well, that's why I'm here...to get healthy and better at the fitness stuff, right!?!

Good luck everyone...I'm feeling it after 32, I can't imagine what it'll feel like to do 200!
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Count me in too. I started with 30. I'm already into week 2 and seeing improvement (except it keeps getting harder :sad: ). Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:

Welcome. I re-did day one today and it was just as hard. I'm hoping by Friday this week's routine will be a little easier.