WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Mary thanks for the tips! I have a twelve pound kettlebell - I should find myself a video and get swinging!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)<3

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Mary thanks for the tips! I have a twelve pound kettlebell - I should find myself a video and get swinging!

Annie in Delaware

Did I show you my kettlebell swing program before? I love it! I modified it for me. If you want it let me know. I also have an old kettlebell thread in success stories.

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Bicycle ride -- my husband and me. :) I still can't turn my head left.

4seipu0nxpbq.png

Machka in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Rori-your vacation sounds perfect. I am not that much of a snow activities person, but I can appreciate anyone getting the chance to do that which makes them happy.

Mary-I think you hit the key that everyone is somewhat different and you have to figure out what works for you. It all rotates around CICO but how we do that can differ. Years ago (like 2006) I did Adkins (early Keto?). Lost 40 pounds, got dow to 180. I hung out around that number for years-figuring that since I have no thyroid, that was best I could do. Since then I have found out I was mistaken and MFP and counting makes the difference for me. I don't know if intermittent fasting would ever be for me-but I'm not closing any doors.

Machka-have you had your neck checked? Your symptoms remind me of when I had cervical herniated discs. They may be able to give you therapy to help. I have had two fusions (years ago) that provided my relief. Not saying that is what you have, but I wouldn't just write it off to stiff neck if it is persistent.

Heather-congrats on weight loss. I had similar experience this am. It really does motivate you. It also struck me "see, it isn't all that hard when you really do what you should." Glad issues with DH seem to be straightened out.

Going to be warmer today (in the 30s). Off to sort out some papers and start pulling things together for my taxes.

Have a good start (or finish) to your Sunday.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Went for my 5k run this morning. Gorgeous day. These are the lovely older women who go swimming every day, even though the temperature reached freezing last night. I love their bobble hats and their dry robes as they warm up together with a hot drink. <3

oa0lkny0ck1e.jpg

Did my rowing when I got back.

Now on with my Art Club submission.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Sunday --

Weeded the jungle. We have a narrow area between Rhody's catio and the fence. In that area are several manferns (beautiful!) All around them and halfway up were weeds. Horrible sticky weeds and others. I waded in with long socks and gloves ... and pulled it all out. Then practically ran for the bathroom where I pulled off 100 or more little sticky seeds and washed my arms to above the elbows. I was so itchy!

I took these photos after the weeding so you can see right through to the fence. :) It looks much better. :)

iykxuohnouzh.png
    an992wbdsly0.png

Then we cycled, as I posted above. :)

And then I set up my Work From Home "office". :grin:

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-have you had your neck checked? Your symptoms remind me of when I had cervical herniated discs. They may be able to give you therapy to help. I have had two fusions (years ago) that provided my relief. Not saying that is what you have, but I wouldn't just write it off to stiff neck if it is persistent.

Have a good start (or finish) to your Sunday.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I may have to have it checked.

I used to get this kind of stiff neck quite frequently when I was younger and haven't had one in a long time. But then I started all this gardening and at the beginning of January, my mid-back cramped and pulled a rib out of place. Now it seems there has been another cramp in my neck/shoulder area. Thursday it felt like it was coming on. Friday was quite bad. Now it feels slightly looser. I'm hoping it continues to ease off.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I agree with the others here:

- get a food scale. It's quite revealing!
    - find a plan that works for you. For me, I stop eating about 9 pm and start again about 11:30 am. And I follow a diet that is sort of close to Mediterranean.

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    So today is day one of my plan for 250 calories of exercise a day. I usually walk 30 mins on Sunday, but today I plan on 65 minutes in circles in the basement. Snow and ice outside today. I know MFP inflates calories for walking, but I'm going to use them as they are for a baseline. I'm going to be tired and sore enough as it is.

I'm also going to drink more green tea to keep my daytime metabolism going, and try to reduce naps. Except for after Sunday dinner.

So it's a good day to explore podcasts. Amazon music has several I've never heard of. Plus New York Times and NPR National Public Radio.

I'm starting to see why so many of you do audiobooks. I have been making do with music, but that's getting old.

Annie in Delaware who is excited about a new beginning all over again.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Finally got bone scan done. I took a Vit D the morning of the first time I made my appointment. I missed rescheduled two other becasue of weather. The scheduler was supposed to tell me no vitamins or calcium the day of the test because it throws off result. I have a 12% chance of a break or fracture in the next few years ie bones are in great shape. One thing off the list. In the spring I hope to get into a dermatogist for a skin cancer check.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Machka hope your neck feels better! Yoga is showing me how much stiffer mine is lately. Gentle daily stretching ought to do it for me.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Rori - I am so happy for you on your snowy adventure! <3 Cross Country Skiing has always sounded like enormous fun. Not a lot of snow in Hove.

I finished my drawing. Not Great Art, but that's not the point of the TV programme. It's to encourage ordinary people to have a go. I really enjoyed making the video to go with it, and sent in the first take. Bit dismayed at how wrinkly I look, but that's reality! As I say in the video, I haven't drawn anything in many years. Whenever I've tried anything artistic in the past, it's always been Abstract. This is a bit more Tracey Emin.

Glad I did it, as I have been hesitant about making and posting videos on Instagram and this enabled me to break through my reluctance to even attempt to make one. I will be back!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx