Update Stronglifts and Kettlebell transformation! Pictures!

Replies

• cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    You look absolutely stunning. Really fantastic.

I currently look like you did in your original photo, and to imagine that through hard work, I could end up looking even as good as you did in your photo at Hersheys is inspirational. I bought a kettlebell (much lighter than yours - about 18lbs) and have started using it and love it so far. But I hadn't heard of the programmes you mention - just googled a couple of quick and easy ones for beginners online, so will now try out the people you recommend. Thank you!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    cherys wrote: »
    it and love it so far. But I hadn't heard of the programmes you mention - just googled a couple of quick and easy ones for beginners online, so will now try out the people you recommend. Thank you!

Fantastic! Don't forget to get the Swing Timer App for your phone. Congratulations on your progress!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    I'll put it on the phone tomorrow. Thank you.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Fanncy0626 are you still posting and doing kettlebells and Keto.
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2019
    @loveswalking I’m still visiting other threads and groups. I do still do the Kettlebell. It’s the best full body workout I’ve found. I swing 35-45 # Kettlebells I’m trying to build my muscle and bone strength. I’m at maintenance so I am more low carb with intermittent fasting 19:5. My main meals are Keto but I love donuts and Coke occasionally :)
  • loveswalking
    I missed reading your progress posting. How many grams of carbs do you allow yourself if you don’t mind me asking?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    @fanncy0626 you are such an inspiration. I'm finally starting Kettlebell training because of this post! Thank you for sharing.
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2019
    @loveswalking I usually try to stay between 20-25g of carbs. That really works well for me. I eat mostly fatty protein and vegetables. Eggs and bacon or sausage is my favorite. I eat basic not much of trying to camouflage food for other food I give up. I find it doesn’t work for me to try to make bread or desert Keto style that just made me crave that food more.

This is one of my favorite sites if you want keto food ideas.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest

@cheryldumais I really love the kettle bell and I think that you will love the results once you get into it. If you read this thread there is plenty of advice and information on what I do! Good luck!
  • loveswalking
    Thank you for for the link.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Strong Lifts 5x5 and KB work is a powerful training combo. Have done both but not at same time. I realize this is an older discussion but I just stumbled across it and agree with others, an amazing transformation.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    thanks Fancy for inspiring me. My husband has had cancer the last year and i have gained 10 lbs while he was loosing 25 ...he is doing much better and gained 10 lbs back . He is starting chemo next week and I am trying to get back into a routine of walking and doing my kettle bell . Thanks so much for your thread.
  • fanncy0626
    @pierinifitness thanks! I loved doing strong lift 5X5 along with the kettle bell. Now that I am a Snowbird, we travel a lot. The kettle bell is very easy to bring along and I don’t miss my workout! I do progressive overload with it just like weightlifting. I have worked up to the 45# kettle bell but it was too much so have scaled-back and trying to build muscle strength by adding more reps to my sets. Instead of seven swings I now do 10 swings. I am at the 40 pound kettle bell weight. It’s sad that the kettle bell will increase weight lift amounts in weightlifting. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an example of that!

@jeanniebeanie59 Thanks! I’m glad to hear that your husband is doing better! Stress eating during a crisis time happens to all of us. Good luck with your weight loss and workouts!
  • fanncy0626
    💞
  • loveswalking
    How are you doing?
  • fanncy0626
    I'm still doing great! Still swinging the kettlebell. We retired and became snowbirds so I no longer do stronglifts. The kettlebell is ideal for this lifestyle! I can take it with wherever we go!
  • loveswalking
    How many swings do you do and how often if you don’t mind my asking?
  • fanncy0626
    If you look back and read this thread there are videos and examples and the workout program. I still do it the same as I always have. I just continue to increase the weight of the kettlebell. If you have questions after reading the thread and look up Pavel Tsatsouline Strongfirst instructor let me know!
  • loveswalking
    Thanks
  • fanncy0626
    💕
  • kpie88
    kpie88 Posts: 12 Member
    Love my kettlebells. They're my exercise tool of choice. I still do treadmill and stationary bike, but the bulk of my cardio comes from KB's.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!