Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good morning,

Church this morning. Cloudy no chance of rain. Just is.

Lana good to be in sun for a change and exercise is exercise.

Casserole was a bust. Today is crock pot and better chance of success.

Housework here and tomorrow may just be complete space out day. What a treat!

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2022
    Good afternoon, Cabana Crew.

I'm still kicking. Was in New Orleans for work from Monday through Thursday. Hard work, but we managed to have a little fun -- beignets at Cafe Du Monde, gumbo at The Gumbo Shop, shopping on Bourbon Street and in the Arts District. We walked a lot.

Last night, we went to Memphis to see Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias. Show started 15 minutes late (not a complaint) with the two opening acts. Fluffy took the stage at 9 pm and did not stop until 12:30 am. It was fantastic!

Memphis is no less than an hour and a half drive. We stopped for breakfast so it was nearly 4 when we got home. I'm not used to such wild and crazy doings.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Woke up feeling stressed. Would normally reach for something sugary. Instead I did a 15 minute guided meditation then had some breakfast with protein.
    Rode my bike to my in laws for lunch. -20C but I really needed some fresh air and exercise. We are very rural- it is 2 miles there and back. Not too far but changed my frame of mind.
    Three desserts offered at lunch (!) Didn’t feel like having any.
    Lazy this afternoon… but it is Sunday 😌
    Melanie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2022
    2p1re03gnpb6.jpeg
    *** February 21 ***

Tracy - thanks for sharing your adventures with us - I enjoy hearing about them. I didn't know who Fluffy Iglesias is, so I looked him up. It's amazing that he gave such a long performance! And good for you for having some late-night excitement and breakfast in the middle of the night on the way home. 👍🏻
    New Orleans sounds so great. I almost got there last year around Halloween, but Covid and a hurricane stopped that. What did you buy on Bourbon Street?

Melanie - where do you live? So cold!!!! Big kudos to you for doing that meditation. It does help. Anxiety is tough to manage. Big hugs 🤗

Sara - I hope that the crock pot is a success, and today will be a good day for simply relaxing.

Today is walking with the ladies, and only one other lady is signed up. I will let her do all of the talking as I huff and puff along.....and she is a talker, and thin as a toothpick.....

Waving to Missy and Sherry and Jordanna and anyone else who pops by today 🌴

Lana

263.2 today, goodness! salt?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Crock pot worked well, will take the cabbage in small portions.

Hey Lana --- any science in if you talk while you walk you burn more calories??? Just a thought. Let your companion be the entertainment.

In searching for foods to eat for hair loss, greens is listed and I am on a spinach kick (body telling me something?). Place I went shopping did not have a one large cinnamon roll - I had to buy 6-8 and the amount of frosting made me leave it for a family.

My to do list for today is short. I hope not to sleep too much otherwise tonight will be hard to sleep.

Wishing all a safe and sane day.
  • LanaCabana537
    5ezmr3saumeu.jpeg
    *** February 22 ***

Hey all~~

Just dashing through....

Lana

263.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana thank you for starting. Hope your day is a full and pleasant one.

I have Gardein chicken nuggets in oven will have with cottage cheese and use the salad dressing as the dipping sauce (healthy choice salad dressing) - dessert well is as healthy as I can make it.

Dark clouds have come through but no rain for us - but snow/rain in mountains is a real possibility so my motto is "rain anywhere in CA is a good thing".

Boss is giving us TMI when it comes to why she left early today and wont be in Friday. It is a lot quieter when she is not in.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    k1c6ka5cnu0c.jpeg
    *** February 23 ***

Good morning all~~

Weather is lousy, so that's my excuse for not walking with the ladies this morning. Reality is, the two that are walking today are healthy speed demons, and I can't keep up with them. I will try to get myself to go alone after lunch.

Sara - Happy for you that Friday will be quiet without boss. 👍🏻

Waving to all who stop by later on 🌴

Lana

262.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    good morning,just

Pedicure done and it had been 5 months, so toes were in need of help.

New computer was delivered to old apt but as it is vacant - maintenance guy found it and I was able to pick it up. Going back to office to watch soccer and knit.

International store after putting gas in car and fruit/veg and asian sweets/teas on list.

Lana I hope you got some walking in however it happens. Cold here again after a heat wave. I sleep better in colder weather.

Wishing all a great day .Stay safe and sane out there.
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Had a bad day yesterday but regrouped today.
    Lana- I live in the northeastern part of Alberta, Canada.
    Good day today- good workout, good food and over 10,000 steps even with a lot going on at work.
    Meetings in the city tomorrow then heading to my dad’s- he is 5 hours away. He is 91 and lives on his own but recently had some heart issues. Going to hang out with him for a few days.
    Look forward to going to the city (we are very rural)- need a few things I can’t get near home and I always enjoy going to a gym. Usually pick one that has a women's only section. Will also see my sisters.

Melanie
  • LanaCabana537
    5wejjl27zqwe.jpeg
    *** February 24 ***

Good morning all ~~

Melanie - That is interesting about a women's only section of a gym. Back in the day when I was going to gyms, I would have appreciated that.
    I hope that you get many good things for yourself in the city and then have a good visit with your father. 💗

Sara - your day sounded good. Congrats on the new computer! I hope that the set-up is easy and that it brings good things to your life. The international store sounds great too! Good for you 🤗

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Sherry and Jordanna and anyone else who pops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

261.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Cold and the trees that have started to flower/bloom will have a tough time as it has been near freezing most of the week at night.

As I prefer cold weather bring on another layer......

Boss gone tomorrow for husband's medical procedure and I hope things go well for him.

Wishing all a good night, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    s5oq3knse7wi.jpeg
    *** February 25 ***

Happy Friday everyone ! 🌷

I hope that today is a good one for you.

What are your plans for the weekend? I myself don't have any yet; the weather will be poor here.....

Lana

264.8 really scary, but I know why 😣
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening
    Lana the only 2 things I have on my to do list is get Chinese food and dejunk.

New manager meeting went pretty well, she stated that it is her train and if dragon lady doesnt like where its going she can get off the train.

Tired tonight so I will turn in early.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    20jhudidaiha.jpeg
    *** February 26 ***

Gloomy Saturday here...inside and out. The weather affects me.

Sara - how good to hear that your meeting with new manager was encouraging, literally.
    I very much envy you your Chinese food. 😋
    My sister refers to dejunking as "crap abatement". Hmm. I wonder if they will change that one word to "kitten". We haven't had one of those in a while.

Waves to all who pop by today to say hello!

Lana

264.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

No eye candy soccer this morning. Went to International Asian market and their Chinese section was not open but I did get Mongolian Beef (Korean style) and Tonkatsu (Japanese), so I am set for the weekend.

Got some extra steps in as well, so trying to create ways to hit my goal.

Lana I hear you about weather, I had to start a pink scarf as my winter color scarf got too depressing. Find the bright colors around you and gaze at them.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    4chd5ocey3sb.jpeg
    *** February27 ***

It's foggy today, both outside and in my head.

Yesterday I tried to hook up my older, flat-screen television to the DirecTV stream fiber gateway, and I hit rocks. I cannot figure out how to get the television to recognize the service. I will have to search online for some sort of "geek service" to come to the house, disentangle whatever my ex-DH had set up here, and get things working. Ugh.

The major reason I got the TV service when I got the real-people internet service was to be able to have that big thing in the living room tuned to some harmless station, so that I would feel less alone in the house.

The scale today was up so badly, I can't even post it. *shh....266.4* Hopefully it's mostly a sodium problem combined with no exercise.

Thank you for letting me complain today. 🥺

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana, I am with you. I find tech problems really annoying. Best to have a "Geek" come by and fix, short term loss- long term gain. Let us know about the geek guy too.....

I understand about the fog- one of the divas from church is in high gear (seems we are not paying her enough attention). I ignore her as much as I can, but then its hard for me to ask for anything. Maybe next week???

Laundry going - never ending dilemma - at least I can do laundry.

Weekends are just too short.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    q2afl0b4czct.jpeg
    *** February 28 ***

Sara - yes, the weekends are too short!

My goal this week is to just keep my head on straight, and the proper eating and exercise will follow. Crossing fingers.....

BBL

Lana

263.2 today, whew
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Hello everyone!

I've gained a couple pounds this weekend. It's crazy how one bad weekend can just derail so much progress. I have joined a gym and have been going regularly, I just have to get my eating under control. I joined noom to see what it was all about and ended up cancelling because MFP is just so much better. I like the community and all the friends and seeing peoples diaries and stuff. I just gotta crack down and focus!!!

I hope everyone has a good Monday!

- Jordanna