Feb 10 - 12 - 2 drink limit
    Feb 13-15 AF
    Feb 16-17 - 2 drinks
    Feb 18-19- went a little off the rails oops
    Feb 20- 21 - AF back on track
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn glad you are feeling better...and I do find your Uncle Sock amusing.

I think I have myself back together. My motivating is coming back! You know, I think I went into a slight depression for awhile and that is why my motivation had gone out the door.

Went on a long hike yesterday and now remember how good it makes me feel....like new. I had 1 can of lower-alcohol "bubbles" wine (10%) and it went to my head fast.

This reminds me, I should opt for wine spritzers instead of wine, to cut the alcohol (and the toxicity that goes with it). Plus it is more hydrating.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Feb 13 - AF - Busy day Monday working out of town, so AF decision. Expecting to have drinks with my departing friend Monday and Tuesday, she leaves for good on Wednesday.
    Feb 14 - 2 drinks
    Feb 15 - AF - said goodbye to my friend on Monday night, she is enroute now to Calgary and flies out of there in the wee hours Thursday morning. Time to get back to a normal routine for myself and to rack up some AF days.
    Wednesday Feb 16 - AF - Felt like having a couple of drinks, but also am trying to get back into some sort of routine after so much packing and cleaning at my friend's over the last couple of weeks. It was nice to be at home watching the Olympics.
    Thursday Feb 17 - AF - Planned drinks Friday and Saturday.
    Friday Feb 18 - 2 drinks - (Seem to have lost that post)
    Saturday Feb 19 - 3 drinks all together, I had a piccolo of Freixenet with cheese for lunch (one flute) and then 2 drinks in the evening. Planned AF for Sunday
    Sunday Feb 20 - AF - Running out of month already! We are getting an Arctic Cold front coming through here over the next few days.

Rolling total: 11AF days out of 20 days
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 364 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    trying to send a photo...no working....I'm too old for tech.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    The gal on my workout DVD said something notable this morning-

Working out in the morning sets your whole mood for the entire day.

DH and I are feeling great but I still have not had a negative covid test. So I am retesting on Wednesday at a drive through rapid test site. I need to be sure before I have family over for the rescheduled turkey dinner.

Alcohol and weight loss, when I first started this journey it was to lose the weight. I was so proud of myself when I went 4 days AF and still saw no change on the scale and even a gain. Then a bit later in the journey I went for a much longer period AF and started to see some changes. But I also reflect that to replace the hand to mouth motion that will suck you in every time. I replaced it with a snack....I would be so proud of being AF, but then self sabotaged with chips, chocolate, etc......

I’m a huge proponent of morning workouts. Get it done!

Sorry about the positive Covid test. My son and his girlfriend went to Cayman Islands for New Years and stayed at her parents condo. (We found out after the fact the parents bailed last minute). She tested positive day two and for 14 days. They were confined to the condo (even my son, who never tested positive) and could not leave the country until until she received a negative PCR. He missed the first week of school. Ironically- she never had symptoms. He got a positive test two weeks after coming home! So the positive tests can last a really long time.

I stayed AF last night, but wasn’t easy. Stressed about this Ukraine invasion. My daughter and I are supposed to go to Italy in May and my husband is very reluctant to let us go if there is actual war so close. I really wanted a drink but DH was good, so I ate goldfish crackers and nuts instead. Who knows how many snack calories??? Still a win though, as far as I am concerned.

@ahoy_m8 I think the sailing crowd and the skiing crowd are the same people! I’ve never tried the AF cocktails as I mostly drink wine. Interesting though! I might try!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Feb 13 - AF - Busy day Monday working out of town, so AF decision. Expecting to have drinks with my departing friend Monday and Tuesday, she leaves for good on Wednesday.
    Feb 14 - 2 drinks
    Feb 15 - AF - said goodbye to my friend on Monday night, she is enroute now to Calgary and flies out of there in the wee hours Thursday morning. Time to get back to a normal routine for myself and to rack up some AF days.
    Wednesday Feb 16 - AF - Felt like having a couple of drinks, but also am trying to get back into some sort of routine after so much packing and cleaning at my friend's over the last couple of weeks. It was nice to be at home watching the Olympics.
    Thursday Feb 17 - AF - Planned drinks Friday and Saturday.
    Friday Feb 18 - 2 drinks - (Seem to have lost that post)
    Saturday Feb 19 - 3 drinks all together, I had a piccolo of Freixenet with cheese for lunch (one flute) and then 2 drinks in the evening. Planned AF for Sunday
    Sunday Feb 20 - AF - Running out of month already! We are getting an Arctic Cold front coming through here over the next few days.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - The temperature dropped 30 degrees overnight. Hard on the joints when that happens.

Rolling total: 12AF days out of 21 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I have never seen that show. The one I am waiting to come to our area is BEAUTIFUL. The story of Carol King.

YES amen to morning workouts.

Thanks @lmlmrn. I have this go to free weight workout that I absolutely love by BeachBody. I do it for recommended weeks, then take a break from it for a while, then do it again. It is 3 days a week, then every other day throwing in an ab or short kick boxing w/o.

@forestdweller1 gosh it is great to have your hysterical self back on here. Now how can we assist you with attaching that photo?

Believe me nothing much going on out there in Pitts-town. .My two Nephews work there and keep me up on the old neighborhood. I hope you not still tossing firewood down your bulk head all by yourself. Maybe we could find you some helpers so you don't end so back.in the hospital again.

AF last night
    Did have a Lyres mocktail at home though after it was mentioned by someone on here the other day that they had tried it too.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

Feb 1-2 - AF
    Feb 3-5 - stuck with 2 drink limit
    Feb 6-9 - AF
    Feb 10 - 12 - 2 drink limit
    Feb 13-15 AF
    Feb 16-17 - 2 drinks
    Feb 18-19- went a little off the rails oops
    Feb 20- 22 - AF back on track
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @MissMay Will you share your Lyres mocktail recipe? I ordered some but have not yet received. In learning/experimenting mode.

@Womona good job keeping things moderate on your fun weekend away. Glad you had fun!