WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Kitchen fridge almost all cleaned out- just two more drawers to go(taking a break)
    Crazy- had four jars of bread and butter pickles open, four jars of artichoke hearts open, two jars of dh's seaweed paste stuff. Mentioned that there were two jars, said it wasn't his fault, he opened another one because he couldn't find the other one. No comment about all the stuff I dumped/cleaned/organized.
    I will do the freezer part of this fridge next week along with the other fridge in the garage- garbage is almost full and doesn't get picked up until Friday. Need room for regular garbage and kitty litter for the week. It is usually full without doing the fridge clean up.

Dinner tonight is shrimp w/ mixed veggies(zucchini, carrots, celery, snow peas,??) in a light butter garlic sauce. Need to do a lot of prep for it but should be good. Need to get the rice soaking. DH needs his rice. I will skip the rice and have more shrimp and veggies.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Pip- forgot thats what Kirby did before retirement... my bad...
    Kelly...I too hope that my daughter would contact you all if something should happen to me.. but i will have to write out specific instructions or it wont get done ...

No prob…
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Kylia- it is great to see you post- thanks for the update- Missed seeing you post.
    I had cataract surgery on both eyes at 50. Still wear glasses for astigmatism.
    Yes, still had dull ache/pain after drops were done.

CICO- I have no problem at all with CI- many days I am under 1000 a day, I grab a little snack to get it to 1000-1100. I did 1000 cal a day for almost 2 yrs then took a few months break then got back. Still stick closer to 1000 because I worry about if I am tracking correctly(like yesterday- had imitation crab salad from the deli- tracking it could be 110 cal up to 350 cal. I have asked dh to find out as it came from his deli but he hasn't or if I forget to put something in. My problem is CO- I used to do well but never 1000 cal. out. I do zumba two nights a week and then some gardening sometimes(not much during the winter but it will pick up soon but still not 1000 calories worth). I need to find my motivation.
    Intermittent fasting is pretty easy- don't eat until noon most days with no problem- yesterday it was almost 3PM before I ate anything- just plain black tea before that.

Pip- milk of magnesia works great for that- DH went 10 days without going after his first hip replacement surgery- He still has "issues" because of waiting so long- he made sure he had a bottle here after the second(and third and forth) surgeries.

Watching church now and then plan to clean out both refrigerators- really clean out, not just dump the old left overs, so I have room for stuff and can find what I need.
    Other house cleaning to do but not sure how much will get done.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

A good portion of CO is existing. We burn calories just being and most of us will burn at least 1000.

So if you're eating 1000 calories and remaining the same weight, your CO is 1000 calories.

Things like standing rather than sitting will burn a few more calories. Walking burns more than just standing. Climbing stairs burns more than walking. But all those things increase your CO.

M in Oz

THANK YOU!!
    I was just going by the actual exercise that I track and was wondering how you all could work out that much to be more than what you ate.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    When i ordered groceries i found mini apples..there a bit more expensive but much easier to grab one or two to snack on..
    Also i like clementines
    Like i said i cleaned a bit of my bedroom and it makes me feel a bit better.
    Im watching Hometown
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    💞
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kkkkkkk
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

There have been a few comments about the CICO and tracking in general those dove tail with a question I am having trouble with…. So first “the rest of the story” I started here in 2014 and over the next couple of years lost about 30 pounds and then just got “tired, frustrated” with logging, probably I hit a plateau and there was not enough motivation to power through…. So I took a break, not from coming in to the forum but from logging I gained back about 8 pounds but kept that 23ish pounds off for the last 6ish years .. I have made the changes to my lifestyle and eating style to hold here. But I am not at goal, and not really pleased with how I look, so I am back to logging. This time I am paying a bit more attention to the nutrition instead of just the total calories. Hoping that will help me tweak this a bit to give me the success I want. I am not a true vegetarian but eat fish maybe once a week, and any of the “meats” once a week. And the meat is in small quantities.. There are a ton of reasons I have made this choice, but the over whelming one is I don’t like the taste of meat and while I like fish more it is kind take it or leave it. As a result I have a VERY hard time hitting the protein numbers without going over the calories; I am often and just about 50% of what MFP has set for me. And I really don’t want to go the protein powder direction (a combo of $$$ and the amount of processing)

So my question is anyone else a full or part time vegetarian and if so do you meet the protein numbers? And what have you found that you fit into your diet that helps?

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyyyy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3Pip
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    my friend messaged me and wanted to go walk. Went to the park and walked for almost an hour and a half- made sure to get our 10,000 steps in.
    Having dinner now(had dinner just about done when she asked me to walk) garlic shrimp stir fry with broccoli, zucchini, peppers, carrots, snow peas and cabbage. Beings I did the long walk, added 1/2 cup of rice with it.
    Was at 450cal. for the day before dinner so have plenty to use up before bed. Didn't eat until 2PM

Zumba tomorrow
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

Margaret – what a beautiful thought about the cross. What a lovely thing you did!

Met my friend for lunch. Won’t be counting calories today. Had a veggie casadia (?sp) then this chocolate thing for dessert. Well, tomorrow is another day and I know I’ll get back on the wagon

KJ – here in FL to finish taking care of the storm door. Will leave March 16 (boo)

Betsy – glad your surgery went well.

Watched Forest Gump. Now need to take a shower.

Hae a great evening everyone.

Michele in fl
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This group is AMAZING! I am so pleased with my health improvements. Friendship here is so amazing. It is beyond anything I have seen anywhere else. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. Pip— So happy that you’re doing better. I hope your health better and better and better. 😊❤️🙏🏻😘❤️🙏🏻

Katla
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3