WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD

Someone mentioned about how I have my workouts planned. To be honest, if I didn’t do this, I’d get up in the morning and not have things ready, by the time I decided what I was going to do, you can bet that I would find every reason in the book not to do it. So I have to have it planned. And I like to vary my workouts which is why DVD’s work for me. I know me and I’d get bored if I did the same thing every day

After exercise went down to the pool after making some hard boiled eggs, then went to Upscale Retail. They didn’t have a crockpot that I wanted but I did find shorts and a blouse (like I need it). Then went and saw where this laundromat is (the one I used to use is no longer there and I know I’m going to have to wash our quilt), went into this store next door just to see what it was and found an exercise DVD. It’s about the same price as from the SPCA thrift store so I could live with the price. Stopped at Beal’s Outlet and got a few bras since I’d seen on the internet that Beall’s sells the coverup that I like so I wondered if the outlet carried it (they don’t). Tomorrow maybe I’ll take a walk across the street and go to the Beall’s store to see if they have the coverup. Anyway, it used to be at Beall’s people 55 and over got 15% off on Mon and those 55 and younger got 15% off on fri so I added Jess to my card. Well, they no longer have the Mon/Fri thing but they’ve combined them. However, as I was checking out the gal said to me “oh, I see it’s your birthday month (Jess was born in March) so you get $5 off plus 15% . So I saved a little over $8. Thank you Jess

Called insurance and Safelight will be here the morning of the 8th to replace the windshield

Katie -Jrsmon (Amber) has a new screen name – cupcakecravings

I remember Joyce! How very sad

Barbara – no, no redness, swelling or the leg being hot. It feels more like when I sit for periods of time, something gets inflamed. Thanks for the aspirin/Tylenol difference. I honestly didn’t know the difference. I’m not on blood thinner but Vince is which is why we have Tylenol in the house and not aspirin. I’m going to buy some for myself. I’ve thought of Lenora a lot, too. Another person on that page was Gloria.

Allie – OIC about the “they”

Thinking of pip

Mailed the card for Lynette. Also sent her a short email just asking how she is and telling her that I’ll be thinking of her tomorrow (her mother’s ceremony)

M – about the only symptom of blood clot that you listed is the varicose vein, but I figure we all have that, nothing out of the ordinary

Carol – thanks so much for posting Joyce’s obit. So many of the people (Charlie, Trinity, etc) she spoke about on here that I felt I knew them. I’m so sad she’s gone. She was such a wonderful person

Betsy – I remember years ago we had to have a windshield repaired and at the time we were told if the chip could be covered by a dollar bill, they can fix it. Anything larger they have to replace. I remember Vince one time had a chip and they repaired it, so much so that the only way you knew it was there was if you looked real real close. The bright side is that it’ll be a nice clean windshield. I had some sort of film on the windshield. Oh, I could still see out, but it was just a pain. Now that won’t be a problem. They did say that I shouldn’t go thru a car wash for a while (like I ever use a car wash. I think the last time I used one was 10+ years ago. I like washing my car myself).

Pip – that’s some tumor!! I hope you don’t have cancer. When will you know the result?

Annie DE (((HUG)))

I bet most others would have felt pip’s tumor sooner. but pip is in such great shape, she probably didn’t even notice it for a while

The friends we met yesterday make their own wine. They gave us a bottle which was very nice of them. However, the cardiologist doesn’t want Vince to drink (he does have like one beer occasionally or one glass of wine once/year) and I’m not a drinker. I’ll probably save it until Christmas. The bad part is that I won’t get the sweet Golden Muscadine. But that might be a blessing in disguise for me. I really like a sweet wine and this is so sweet that, honestly, I can finish the whole bottle.

Going to play cards with a couple of ladies tonight. Well, I missed playing last night. I just get bored playing the same thing over and over (canasta). I like canasta, but I’d also like to play other things. But it seems that some people around here are very into doing the same old same old. Oh well..

Michele
    who needs to get dinner ready so I can go
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    ❤️ Pip

❤️ Flea

Sending love and support to both of you.
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Pip- Love you right back! I hope the surgeon was able to remove all of the cancerous tissue, you will heal completely, and will enjoy your life with Kirby and Yogi.❤️

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    10 lbs!!!

50/50 chance I may have cancer
    nb7ttxol9pur.jpeg
    9214ih4cufvs.jpeg
    irxouya07n6s.jpeg

WOW!!

Surely you noticed a change in your body size as it was growing!?!

Hopefully they got it all and if it is cancer, it's OK now.

Take it really easy with the recovery. You might want to postpone the camping trip.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited March 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    For a while, I thought I came out of it with no permanent damage to my veins but recently I saw the doctor again and I've got venous insufficiency in my left leg. Not surprising, I suppose, given the clots and also given the fact that I burnt my left foot to the bone back in 2001.

Symptoms of venous insufficiency include:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/venous-insufficiency

• swelling of the legs or ankles (edema)
    • pain that gets worse when you stand and gets better when you raise your legs
    • leg cramps
    • aching, throbbing, or a feeling of heaviness in your legs
    • itchy legs
    • weak legs
    • thickening of the skin on your legs or ankles
    • skin that is changing color, especially around the ankles
    • leg ulcers
    • varicose veins
    • a feeling of tightness in your calves

The only things in that list I don't have are weak legs, leg ulcers and varicose veins.

Machka in Oz
    exermom wrote: »

M – about the only symptom of blood clot that you listed is the varicose vein, but I figure we all have that, nothing out of the ordinary

Michele

Those were symptoms for venous insufficiency, not blood clots. If you're experiencing all those symptoms, I'd recommend going to your doctor and having a chat about venous insufficiency. I'm only experiencing those symptoms in my left leg, not my right, because of the damage done to my left leg.

And I don't have varicose veins! :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited March 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So speaking of sore legs, mine have been quite sore this week, especially my left leg. It has been a very humid and warm week and I've been retaining water like mad. Everything is swollen but especially my left ankle - it's swollen and red and looks awful (to me, anyway). My left leg is actually so swollen, I can't bend my knee properly.

I think this weekend will be a bit of recovery time because I'll sleep quite a bit which means my legs will be raised somewhat - or at least not down as when sitting or standing.

Cycling seems to help a bit too because I'm not putting pressure on my legs. And gardening means that I'll be moving about which helps the circulation, rather than sitting for long periods like I do in my job now.

Machka in Oz

We ran the air conditioner on a cool temp all night.
    I elevated my leg for 12 hours.
    I made many trips to the toilet during the night.
    I lost 1.2 kg when I stepped on the scale this morning (that's in 2 days).
    And the swelling in my left leg is down quite a bit.

Amazing what heat and humidity will do to the body!

M in Oz

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    ((((Pip))))

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    (((Pip))) - I hope every day is better than the next and each day is better and better. ❤️🙏🏻❤️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Thanks for the update PIP, now just rest and take it easy friend💖👍
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Oh, Pip. I am so thankful they were able to remove that mass in tact. Hoping for the best for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Another warm muggy day.

But I haven't been just sitting like I had to do all week. I've been digging in the garden. I'm trying to decide how to do a "water" feature, or a non-water feature. I'm hoping it will be a dry stream that will be a wet stream when it rains.

However, I must have hit a spider's nest because there are a lot of them running around where I was digging so I came inside for a cold drink and to let them settle.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    We will visit the poodle breeder next week. She has a litter of puppies and we hope one of them will be ours. The pups we’re interested in are medium sized. Months ago our sweet old dog passed away from cancer. Our vet’s staff contacted us and recommended this breeder. We are hoping this turns out beautifully. 🐕‍🦺❤️🐩. Cross your fingers for us.

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Pip - sending healing angels your way.

Sue in WA