WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, T’ai Chi, osteo back, self care, Immanuel Ash Wednesday, CI<CO,
    Bonus: 33 mins decluttering/filing, 30 mins grooming Tumble, two loads laundry, just one thing: graph paper pad.
    Workin’ on it: 142.9, H20x3 , active 3:24
    Mindful March
    2: Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.
    3: Start today by appreciating your body and that you’re alive.

Pouring down rain all day today, no breaks, wet dogs made me laugh. AF beer instead of red wine, whew! After breakfast still wanted something to eat/chew so indulged in the last of the spicy/smoky popcorn. Almost 200 C I didn’t need. Time to prep some carrot sticks in case I want something to chew tomorrow. ;)

Pip thankful you don’t have to wait til April. Healing and comfort to you both.
    Heather I savored every one! ;)
    Happy birthday, Rita! ((hugs held extra long))
    Annie, Karen, Barbie, Carla, Michele, Rori, Mary, thanks!
    Katla Seattle Sourdough is a favorite here too, when we can’t get the real (San Francisco) thing ;)
    Kylia “…drive around two moody, grumpy, blind men” :laugh:
    Evelyn congrats on your resignation, hope this means retirement?
    Machka thanks for the RU OK and The Way Up calendars. Please share if you find one with more activity?

Getting’ sleepy, Joe’s up, time to turn in.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling that strange ennui that I always get before something big happens. I've been like this for ever, so at least I know what it is. It used to scare me and I couldn't understand what was happening.
    Tired, almost depressed. I know my mood will lift as the cruise gets nearer, but I'm in the 'down' period right now.
    I have read of other people it happens to, so I know I'm not alone.
    Anyone else like this? It's usually before good or exciting things.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I get premonitions ... premonitions that something very bad is going to happen.

On Wednesday March 21, 2018, my husband and I were getting ready to cycle a really long distance ride one the weekend.

Earlier in the day, I wrote to my husband: "I am experiencing huge massive nervousness. I wish I didn’t. I’d love to be able to do these rides without the shakiness, sick stomach, headache, feeling like I’m going to cry, etc. etc. etc." And when we were packing that evening, I was a mess ... crying at the drop of a hat and truly frightened. I felt like something really bad was going to happen to us or the other rider on the event.

The next day ... he had the accident at work.

That was my worst premonition ... and result.

But I've had other lesser ones throughout my life.

As for the time period before something good or exciting, I don't get excited until it is actually happening. Too much can take place between putting the plans into place and actually carrying out the plan. There's no point getting my hopes up. Once it is actually happening, then I can be excited because it is, at last, actually happening.

Which brings to mind a question ...

When was the last time something exciting happened in your lives?

I had to think about this. There hasn't been much I would call exciting in the past 4 years.

But I was kinda excited about my graduation in December 2020. :)

As for ennui, I used to experience that after I got back from longer trips ... back when I travelled. When I took a month to cycle in Europe. When I took 3 months to cycle in Australia. When we took 8 months to travel and cycle around the world. When I got back ... ennui.

Of course, there hasn't been any travel in 4 years so who knows now.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    A friend came by last night who does penny shopping. Pm me or research it for details. She brought me some ice cream bars and a new portable hair dryer she got for a penny each. Eased my depression a little. So good thing.

RvRita moving along in NM

Bit of trivia ...

In Australia, the last 1 cent coin was minted in 1990. Since about then, our smallest coin is the 5 cent piece.

I can't imagine what you'd get for 1 cent here!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    LATEST UPDATE: when i finally got in to see him, the ending result is that my original scheduled appointment was apr 6 but then while i was in my car, they called and said they could do it tomorrow, sweet! The sooner the better. The mass in 17 x 22 centimeters so they said it weighs 3 to 4 lbs!! Wowzers. The surgery should take like 3 or so hours long. I’m going to have a big *kitten* vertical scar. When I’m open, that’s when the pathologist will look at the mass and/or take a sample and thru his/her experience will be able to tell if its cancerous or not but will be taking it out for testing to determine if it is cancer or not. When in there, they will find if its too close to my other areas and think they may be affected by the mass, they may take out my ovaries, appendix and other stuff if nececessary. I’m not of child bearing age so that won’t be any big deal. The plus is that they will be taking the first layer of fat from my tummy (lipo!!!) and the mass out so i will be loosing more weight!!! I should be there for 2-4 days, just seeing how i do. They said i should recover a lot quicker cuz I’m so healthy. 6-8 weeks recovery time. Kirby won’t be able to go in there with me. Our plan is still be able to go camping on 3/14 and the cruise in may.`I feel more bad for kirby cuz he will be worried sick not being able to be with me but at least he has yogi. Thanks for everyone’s well wishes and continued prayers.

All the best, Pip.

And take your time recovering!! Be kind to yourself!

• Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    I have spent the past week cleaning out my hobby room. It's actually my cat's room and the most neglected of the three bedrooms. I haven't done anything to it since I retired, exactly 4 years ago, and pursuing crafting was more of a pipedream during the years I was caregiving DH and DB. There was a giant buffet hutch which served as storage for papers, office supplies and crafting stuff. I got the whole mess cleaned out and donated the hutch and extra supplies. I spent hours shredding old documents and organizing file boxes. Old electronics were removed to my garage where they will age a bit longer until I get them property recycled. I've ordered a storage cabinet on wheels which will be tucked inside the closet. I found my brother's collection of loose change and when totaled up, came to over $110, so that has covered the cost of the cabinet. And best news of all, my trusty handyman, Reuben, is coming on Saturday to paint the ceiling, walls and trim. Mars the cat is a bit put out by the changes to his space, but he is going to be getting a fabulous new cat tree by his window once the painting is done. 😻

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    word for 2022 = Renewal

I want to hire you!!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    It's been a very warm, very humid week. I love it! I wish I could have spent more time outside!!

But we did get out for a short walk this evening.

7siund4704hb.png

It's been a tiring week too ... my first 5-day week in a while. I still have tomorrow to go but I've been thinking it should be the weekend since yesterday morning.

Most of my weeks lately have been 4-day weeks and I much prefer that!! Fortunately, the next two weeks are 4-day weeks.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Got the call back from on call dr ,no pharmacy open so she told me to call drs office when they open at 7 :15 and have them fax something in.. im drinking cranberry juice but in a significant amount of pain,will text Tracy and she will have to bundle up Miles to take Carmine to school today.. im just not up to it ..
    I hate to let her down but im just feeling unwell..
  • Machka9
    Options
    March Plans

I just put together my calendar for March, so far ...

- Lots of cycling including at least one 50 km ride.
    - Walking ... as regularly as possible.
    - Pilates, rowing, climbing stairs and strength training at home and work.
    - Audax: we're holding a 200 km event this month and an AGM.
    - Gardening - I'd like to get the dry stream in.
    - Events: maybe a little travel around Tassie. Plus some lunches/dinners. I've already had one lunch with the ladies I used to work with.
    - Meetings: So many!!
    - Medical: both husband and me. He broke a tooth so there's the dentist. His BPPV is bothering him again too. And I'm looking at getting us into hearing tests.
    - Plus, of course, there's my 2022 To Do List which blew up and went from vaguely manageable to completely out of control in January and I haven't regained any control yet.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    We’ve been up early. DH didn’t feel good and had a terrible stomach ache. He ended up as taking a long shower and feels better now. I took all the bathroom towels down stairs to the washing machine. 4:30 am here. I hope to get a bit more sleep.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    My ennui isn't a premonition. It's a 'down', sleepy period I always seem to go through before a big event that is more than usually exciting. If I was leading a big weekend workshop, or going somewhere exciting for an occasion. It's as if I'm hoarding my energy. ;)
    A well known journalist recently mentioned that he had the same thing, so I just wondered if anyone else on here had the same thing. It feels like the depression I used to have for so many years. Luckily, now I have identified it, it is lifting. I'm listening to inspiring podcasts by my favourite people, which is a help. As the cruise draws closer I know it will disappear, but it is baffling.

Zoom with girlfriends this afternoon.

This morning I typed a couple of poems I wrote in the 80s into my new book. Revisiting them is very nostalgic. Much to ponder. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Busy day today. Got to do some paperwork, plus two doctors plus horse. Hoping it all goes smoothly.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well went back to sleep for couple of hours now waiting on a call back from Drs office for them to call in a prescription..I want to nip this in the bud before it gets to the kidneys.
    Kelly thanks for posting the picture of Miles..for the most part he is a jovial little soul .. im just wondering how he will be wben mommy goes back to work
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD by Aimee Nicotera today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 routine

Would you believe I missed today’s launch because I was in the bathroom???? It went up about 5 minutes early. Aggghhh. Well, there’s supposed to be another one on the 8th. I just hope it’s early or later in the day because we’re supposed to meet my cousin that day

Allie – I hope you can get a prescription and get better fast. Good call not taking Carmine to school! How can you keep from squeezing Miles to death????

Katla – so glad dh feels better

KJ – thanks for posting that pic for Allie. So so cute

Michele
    who is off to meet a friend who used to live in Hickory NC and then bowling
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH had a bad tummy ache last night. He’s okay this morning and I’ve been catching up on sleep. 😴. It is time to wake up.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Up at 6:45 am for the gym at 8:30 am. Sometimes I amaze myself!
    "The only way to begin something is to start"!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Rita, what Vicki said... Sending hugs and prayers. It IS so hard when we can't make things right for our kids. We're supposed to be able to do that! I wish I had that magic wand for you. For all of us parents who are hurting.

So sorry about the migraines going on! OMG, I've had those... thankfully, not in a long time!

Prayers for your surgery, Pip!