• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to ALL the March gals! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Well I chatted through my finances with an old friend and decided I don't have to go back to work just yet. So that's over for now.

Annie in Delaware

I imagine you'd want to start preparing, however. If it were me, I'd start a course of some sort. Just in case.

That's part of why I got my Master's Degree. I didn't want to end my working years having to work all sorts of hours at a lower paying job to make ends meet. I wanted to be able to ease into retirement doing something I either enjoyed (or didn't mind) and gradually reducing my hours.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Regarding protein -- I rarely meet whatever the suggested amount is. That's OK, I don't mind. I have trouble consuming protein.

I'm not overly fond of meat. I'll eat flake (gummy shark) occasionally. I'll have a little bit of chicken most days. I rarely eat any other types of meat.

I'm lactose intolerant so there are only certain types of dairy products I can consume. Hard cheese is good ... soft cheese is bad. Milk is bad. Cream is horrible. Cream-based ice creams aren't very good. Ice milk "ice creams" are OK. Yogurt is OK in small quantities.

I have a sensitivity to peanuts, soybeans and related pulses and legumes.

I have to be careful with tree nuts, especially cashews.

That doesn't leave a lot I can eat freely.

I add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to my lunch sometimes if I feel I need some extra protein.

On a weekend, if I'm feeling like I could use some protein, I'll have a slice of cheese.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have lived with lactose intolerance since my late teen years. Luckily, the dairy industry has created lactose free milk. It is a blessing for me. I can enjoy cheese. DH has had trouble with wheat products and was put on a gluten-free regimen. Wheat is not good for him and the gluten-free breads are a blessing. His doctor recommended a fodmap diet. It has been very good for him. As I understand it, fodmap system was invented in Australia.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding gluten -- I've had the blood test for coeliac disease and I don't have that. :)

I don't eat massive amounts of food products with gluten, but they don't seem to bother me.

That's one nice thing about being over 50. I've got a pretty good handle on what I can eat and like to eat ... and what I can't eat or don't like. There's no point wasting calories on things I can't eat well or don't like!!

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept well ,hopped in the shower and feel good having a cup of tea and then willngo pick up Carmine ,then back to watch Miles
    Tracy has her follow up appointment today she still hasnt lost her stomach so she is going to ask about that.. and i might actually be able to give Miles a bottle..
    We will see.
    Pip-will be thinking and praying for you.. Im so glad you have such a positive attitude it really helps.. xoxo
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    One of the things that really helps my daily protein is lactose free Greek yogurt by Fage called Best Self. The vanilla has 12 g of protein for 100 calories. Yay for lactose free!

Barbara happy birthday!

Rita so glad you found your son.

My back is stiff this morning. Not sure if more yoga would be too much or help it loosen up. I never can read my body that way.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbara! <3

Happy Birthday, Vicki! <3

___

Heather, your poor nephew! - thank goodness the cause was discovered to be in his gut, not in his head! And glad Edie is better on her new diet.

___,

I recently read that the longer yogurt "yogs", the lower the amount of lactose in the final product. After 24 hours, there is not a lot of lactose left in the yogurt, and it's full of probiotics. Thick and tart. Yummy.

___

Karen in Virginia
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Vicki... Hope it is a really good year..
    Pip, thinking of you today.

Betsy in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    Vicki and Barbara

966247mn6lidxqrb.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well Miles has found that falling asleep in the swing is a good thing.. instead of one of us holding him..
    I also put his carseat in my car so his chariot awaits..
    This is only the 2nd time that Tracy is leaving him with me ,she just doesnt want to lug him into the city and to her drs appointment..
    I understand..
    Thinking of Pip
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Lllll
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    (((Pip))) — Sending prayers for a successful surgery and swift recovery. ❤️

Hugs for (((Kirby))), too. Waiting is hard. ❤️
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara!

Happy early Birthday to you ALL THE MARCH BIRTHDAY GIRLS! We do have a lot of them.

I just love birthdays!

Oh Rita... Well, you found him. And it is what it is. He's alive. Sending love and prayers. Happy Anniversary. Please be sure to do something just for you. You've made it!

Take care all!

Blessings this lent!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling that strange ennui that I always get before something big happens. I've been like this for ever, so at least I know what it is. It used to scare me and I couldn't understand what was happening.
    Tired, almost depressed. I know my mood will lift as the cruise gets nearer, but I'm in the 'down' period right now.
    I have read of other people it happens to, so I know I'm not alone.
    Anyone else like this? It's usually before good or exciting things.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx