Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    suq2p4hxa3eg.png
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting us off barbie. Readibd quickly on cell phone. Hello to all.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    THANKS for the FRESH START, Barbie!!!

HAPPY MARCH ALL!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    I
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!

I'm going out to lunch with a friend to talk about whether I need to plan on going back to work. The numbers actually look better than I thought. The retirement income numbers, that is. The calorie numbers for today will be high. Sigh. But it will be good to have some social time.

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara... hope this is a wonderful year.
    Thanks Barbie for the brand new month... Love new beginnings.
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    DH is set to have a telephone appointment with his doctor this morning. I plan to eavesdrop.

Outside our window we see the river is higher but not worrisome. We enjoy seeing the birds floating or wading in the river looking for food. Outside our downstairs windows we see the hummingbirds visiting our feeders. So far this is a good morning.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, active 3:03
    Bonus: 20 mins grooming Tumble, phone chat with P, coffee/chat with D
    Workin’ on it: 142.4, H20x5.
    Friendly February 2022
    28: Give positive comments to as many people as possible today.
    Mindful March
    1: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness.

Thank you Barbie! You are our model!

Morning routine interrupted spending quality time chatting with SIL. Then 2 hrs coffee/chatting with D. Got dogs down to powerline in between rain showers, but steps way low for the day. Sleepy so skimmin’ and will give Feb summary tomorrow.

Welcome @lkh314 Leah from IL!
    Debbie that is one birthday twin I’d just as soon do without ;}
    ((hugs)) to all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

my mother in law's birthday is today, mine is next Tuesday. I do have a friend from elementary school that does share the same birthday and middle name. Another friend in that class is a day older than Sandy and I, another is 4 days older. Pretty crazy when there were only 14 of us in the whole 5th grade at that school(very small country school)- still in touch with both girls, lost touch with the boy.
    I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with my former mother in law. Hers is the 30th.
    My son's is the 26th.

Machka- sorry you are going through all that- hot flashes for me hit about 45, lasted through the winter and were done-all was pretty quick, really. Having them in the winter wasn't too bad. Wore layers so I could easily add or take off when needed.

Rita- I am glad you found your son and hope things get better for him and calmer for you.
    Hope your dr appt goes well. My birthday is next Tuesday and I start my day off in the dentist chair for a couple fillings and a crown replacement(small filling under the crown so have to remove and replace it)

Heather- I can not imagine how frustrated your son was when all that was over. That is crazy

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the March thread, Barbie!

____

PiP: I am glad you have a reprieve from the pain for now, and so very glad you have an appointment tomorrow to get on with your work up.

____

On Weighing Food:

I have posted this info before, but with the discussion about weighing foods, I will post it again for those who may be interested.

A number of years ago I decided to meticulously weigh all of my food intake, and I was surprised at how much I had underestimated the calories.

The items where I made the most significant errors were the calorie dense items like oil, almond butter, butter, cream, nuts, and salad dressing. I can also see where it would be easy to be off by quite a bit with something like chips.

Concerning packaged foods that have one or two servings, like a frozen dinner or a can of soup, I was surprised to learn that the manufacturer is required to put at least the amount of food into the package that is listed on the label. Thus, it is not unusual for there to be more food in the package than the label says there is. So if a frozen dinner label says one helping is 250 calories, and there is one helping in the package, you would think you were getting 250 calories, but in fact, you will be getting at least 250 calories!

I also discovered that one of my former favorite quick low calorie vegetable/noodle frozen meals looks as if it should be one serving, but is actually two servings! No wonder I thought it was low calorie!

___

Karen in Virginia

thanks for that info- I would have never thought they would actually put more food in a package than was listed(my guess would be less, saving them money)

I was surprised at the servings on one of the premade salad bowls- It is in a small bowl and comes with one tiny fork BUT some say there are two servings. I double check all of that now.

This calorie counting/tracking is relatively new to me. Until I was about 45, I was either within normal range or lower , weight wise. When I got married the first time I was 4'10" and 95 lbs. I did grow a few inches taller to a whole 5' ;) but weight has gone WAY up from there and now at 5' I am at 151. Goal is 124. I got within 5 lbs of it six years ago when I was EXTREMELY motivated(seeing former hubby for the first time in 20 yrs). Need to find my motivation again.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara — I envy your walks with your dogs. We miss our old dog, Schooner, like crazy. Waiting for a dog to be born is a challenge. We found a local breeder. There are no puppies available now, but a litter is due the end of March. We’ve been told the puppies may be available in early June. Waiting is hard. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Barbara - happy birthday!

Heather - much sympathy for your son, bless his heart.

Rebecca - my husband told me, when John was 15 and Kelsey was 17, that kids allow you to parent them until they don't anymore. Your youngest reminds me of that every time you speak of him. I'm so sorry this is so hard. I hope you continue to find the strength you need to help you know that none of this is in how you raised him.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa