WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Walked home in the rain. :s Knackered.
    Managed to pull together the ragu and spinach with tagliatelle for DH and some parmesan. Unfortunately, I needed a Pernod after all that but still OK for CICO. Phew.

My son was making pancakes for Shrove Tuesday for the kids. With gluten free flour. :D Apparently, Edie has been much better in the last couple of days without gluten. So we will see. My son is v low carb to lose weight along with his suspected gluten issues. Gets complicated.

I always bring KitKats for the kids as an after school treat. The tiny two finger ones. I have one for my afternoon snack. They are just over 100 calories. Today there were none to be had, so I bought a pack of chunky ones. I had one. Oops. 204 calories. Then found out about Edie 's gluten thing, so she couldn't have one. Luckily I had my Extra Strong Mints with me, which she loves. Max tried extra hard to find us in the park in anticipation of his KitKat. I told him it was cupboard love. :p

Now to relax .....

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Vicki, happy early birthday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @pipcd34 Your fur baby is beautiful! He looks like our boy, Jack. He was one of the sweetest dogs ever! :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    So far, this is a quiet day. DH had a telephone conference with his doctor. He’s happy with the outcome. 😊
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    🍨🎂🍷🌸🌻HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY to RITA & VICKIE ! 🍨🎂🍷🌸🌻
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thanks for welcoming us into March!

Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather — My husband has been on a gluten-free diet for several years. He can’t digest wheat. We buy gluten free bread and rolls for him. We buy several gluten free noodles, too. I like most of those things but also like sourdough wheat bread so I get some for me. 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 28min 42sec, 3.26ap, 95elev, 93ahr, 109mhr, 8.20mi= 731c
    Strava app = 989c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 17.13min, 128elev, 98aw, 17.6amph, 121ahr, 156mhr, 5.05mi= 148c
    Strava app= 96c
    Zwift stats- 17.14min, 128elev, 97aw, 56arpm, 17.58amph, 5.05mi= 97c

Total cal 879

Another good day so far
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, active 3:03
    Bonus: 20 mins grooming Tumble, phone chat with P, coffee/chat with D
    Workin’ on it: 142.4, H20x5.
    Friendly February 2022
    28: Give positive comments to as many people as possible today.
    Mindful March
    1: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness.

Thank you Barbie! You are our model!

Morning routine interrupted spending quality time chatting with SIL. Then 2 hrs coffee/chatting with D. Got dogs down to powerline in between rain showers, but steps way low for the day. Sleepy so skimmin’ and will give Feb summary tomorrow.

Welcome @lkh314 Leah from IL!
    Debbie that is one birthday twin I’d just as soon do without ;}
    ((hugs)) to all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

my mother in law's birthday is today, mine is next Tuesday. I do have a friend from elementary school that does share the same birthday and middle name. Another friend in that class is a day older than Sandy and I, another is 4 days older. Pretty crazy when there were only 14 of us in the whole 5th grade at that school(very small country school)- still in touch with both girls, lost touch with the boy.
    I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with my former mother in law. Hers is the 30th.
    My son's is the 26th.

Machka- sorry you are going through all that- hot flashes for me hit about 45, lasted through the winter and were done-all was pretty quick, really. Having them in the winter wasn't too bad. Wore layers so I could easily add or take off when needed.

Rita- I am glad you found your son and hope things get better for him and calmer for you.
    Hope your dr appt goes well. My birthday is next Tuesday and I start my day off in the dentist chair for a couple fillings and a crown replacement(small filling under the crown so have to remove and replace it)

Heather- I can not imagine how frustrated your son was when all that was over. That is crazy

Debbie

I've been dealing with hot flashes and night sweats for at least a decade now.

I have better times ... then worse times.

Cannot use HRT.

I hit the 12 months with no periods last October and kind of hoped the perimenopause symptoms would disappear but apparently they very gradually ease off.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara!

There are a lot of us with March birthdays.

Mine is next week.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbara — HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    🌹🌹🌹🌹

I hope this is the beginning of an excellent year. ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️.

Katla
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    At the kids house. Edie and my son are being tested for gluten intolerance. Results due tomorrow. Bea is better without cows milk and fine with goats. ;)

Funny story. My son bought some masonry paint for the garden wall. On getting out of the car he dropped the huge can and it spilled all over the sidewalk. He mopped most of it up , getting it on his coat, :# and then decided to pressure-wash the rest. As he was doing it the pressure-washer caught fire.
    Candidate for Worst Day Ever. :p

Hope we can get a lift home. Very damp.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

OMG that sounds horrible. Big paint can spilling I've experienced...but the cleaner catching on fire. wow.

By what methods are Edie and your son being tested for Gluten intolerance. I have without a doubt gluten intolerance (tried many times knowingly and unknowingly to eat gluten- it gives me radical runs!) but I had anti gliadine test which didn't pick it up. Some say I'd have to eat gluten for 6 months to get it to show up. (similar for colonoscopy in which G intolerance can show up as flattened villi in intestines). I feel severely ill if I eat much gluten so there is no way I'm going through that for 6 months to get a scientific positive...

but maybe there are other tests now. that was about 12 years ago, and different countries may have different approaches...

I have not a shadow of a doubt of my own intolerance (alas!) but it can in some circumstances be useful to have scientific confirmation for validation from others medical community or others... since GF is also a trend, many are wary of GF diets (think it can be capricious, which it can)... I tend not to explain symptoms unless people ask which they sometimes do... in which case I might explain to friends. "everything just goes right through me"...
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,127 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks, our fearless leader, for keeping us on the S&S 😝

Kim:Re protein: I had difficulty meeting my protein goals. I find adding lentils/quinoa etc to soups increases my totals. Also I keep frozen cooked prawns in the freezer. They are surprising high in protein for a low calorie count, and no fat content.

I have skimmed through both end of Feb and beginning of Mar but using my phone is a pain. My old iPad is having problems with some apps. Time I replaced it, I think.

☘️Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Qqqqq
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Busier day than I expected. Our furnace wasn’t working properly and our furnace repair man fixed it. Three cheers!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️. He’s a nice man and does excellent work. 😊