• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    💖
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Thinking of Pip today. <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    HEATHER I had severe runs for a good couple of months at least.... worrisome... no test confirmed it....but stopping gluten for 2 weeks (and ever since) changed radically. I had been exhausted much of the time (was just 41 or so) and had life of anemia (mild to severe depending on the period) vitamin b deficiency ...all done when I stopped gluten. The flip side... have undiagnosed mokd to moderate (now severe) GF intolerance kept my weight down down w little effort for a couple of decades.. I would not rarely feel ill (belly ache or runny nose or bronchitis deoending on the périod) and just eat less of every as a cure till I felt better... cause eating would give sore throat etc ...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    DH was put on a fodmap diet by his doctor many years ago. It has been a blessing for him. He feels better because of it. Simplest to say that he cannot digest wheat. There are now many foods at the grocery stores that are gluten-free these days. I’m happy enough with many gluten free foods on the shelves. That said, I buy Seattle Sourdough bread for myself. I can enjoy it & DH doesn’t mind.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Pip - hoping for a successful surgery and a painfree recovery.
  • Katla49
    I am among many of us who are keeping Pip in our prayers today. ❤️🙏🏻
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    (((PIP)))
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Pip, prayers for successful surgery.

I Deserve a Donut app for questions plus I am going to read the 40-day Sugar Fast.

Would you mind linking these? I have also given up processed sugars for Lent.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Pip,I will be praying for you I also had a full hysterectomy except for one ovary floating around ,I had fibroids and my uterus was the size of a 4 month pregnancy.. Sure wish i was closer to be able to be there at least be able to hang out with Kirby and Yogi and try and take his mind of things..
    Tracy did ok and we went over to childs consignment store to drop off clothes and we picked up some more as Miles is growing like a weed..
  • Katla49
    Pip - Thank you for the update. Sending prayers for an excellent outcome.
    🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻 ❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻