WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pip prayers for a speedy recovery and not cancer💞🙏💞

Katla I'm excited for you and your future new fur baby!

I remember Joyce! So sad about her passing. I looked on the other thread and saw Gloria there and miss her as well 💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Wow Pip. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Allie - Just because Carmine has a chip on their shoulder doesn’t excuse the attitude towards you or their parents. You jump every time you’re asked and it is maddening that you’re treated that way. I’m not sure how you have managed to have so much patience. I don’t think I would.

Tracey in Edmonton

I agree!!

I'd be tempted to speak up and say something like, "you do not have the right to talk to me like that".

I'd also be inclined to let Carmine walk.
  • Machka9
    edited March 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Michele thanks for Jrslateinlifemom’s new screen name :cupcakecravings .

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Pretty sure cupcakecravings isn't Jrslateinlifemom, but cupcakeCravingsmom might be. cupcakeCravingsmom uses the Spanish for 'and' ... y.

• Machka9
    Options
    I must have hit a spider's nest because there are a lot of them running around where I was digging so I came inside for a cold drink and to let them settle. Machka in Oz

OK, yeah, I would not calmly go get a cold drink. You're a better person than I am. Even the thought of a "spider's nest" raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I didn't like the immense black spider that descended from the fan above the shower on March 1. I have this thing about spiders or moths in my hair. Just NO.

But when spiders run around outside, it doesn't really bother me.

Anyway, I don't think it was so much a spider's nest as just lots of spiders running around everywhere outside because of the weather. Everything has cobwebs on it now. Even my husband's cap! He must have put it down somewhere for a few minutes.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Allie- I remember when my GD turned 14. Her parents told me I too would get that teenage attitude, I told them no I wouldn't. She popped the attitude with me once. I told her not acceptable! I was one, raised two, and wouldn't put up with it. If she wanted anything from me, she had better keep that in her back pocket. It helps that she spent a lot of her 1-5 yrs with me. I made the rules and consequences and followed through. She doesn't fight me on things like that. I am saddened by the fact that Carmine seems to have no respect for anyone including herself. I hope the family finds some help. I do like the idea of Carmine having some parent time without Miles. Maybe it should be like a date night for couples. My oldest daughter and her DH do that with their kids. Twice a month, they each take one child for a few hours alone with parent. Sometimes it is dinner, or a movie, or shopping, or theater. Just a suggestion. It might be hard at first, but pays off in the long run, I believe. Hugs.

Machka- My daughters would have run screaming into the house and refused to go back out there! My youngest called me from Florida, panicked over a spider in her house! Her DH was deployed at the time. I was like kill it. You are bigger than it. I am not sure what she wanted me to do about it from Ohio. Luckily the neighbors heard the commotion, came over, and took care of the situation. She totally stripped her son's room before she would let him back in it.
    Time to get ready for work. It is suppose to be 70 today. Rain in forecast for next two days, then winter temps back in a week.
    Healing thoughts for all!
    HUGS for ALL!

Kylia in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD

Someone mentioned about how I have my workouts planned. To be honest, if I didn’t do this, I’d get up in the morning and not have things ready, by the time I decided what I was going to do, you can bet that I would find every reason in the book not to do it. So I have to have it planned. And I like to vary my workouts which is why DVD’s work for me. I know me and I’d get bored if I did the same thing every day

After exercise went down to the pool after making some hard boiled eggs, then went to Upscale Retail. They didn’t have a crockpot that I wanted but I did find shorts and a blouse (like I need it). Then went and saw where this laundromat is (the one I used to use is no longer there and I know I’m going to have to wash our quilt), went into this store next door just to see what it was and found an exercise DVD. It’s about the same price as from the SPCA thrift store so I could live with the price. Stopped at Beal’s Outlet and got a few bras since I’d seen on the internet that Beall’s sells the coverup that I like so I wondered if the outlet carried it (they don’t). Tomorrow maybe I’ll take a walk across the street and go to the Beall’s store to see if they have the coverup. Anyway, it used to be at Beall’s people 55 and over got 15% off on Mon and those 55 and younger got 15% off on fri so I added Jess to my card. Well, they no longer have the Mon/Fri thing but they’ve combined them. However, as I was checking out the gal said to me “oh, I see it’s your birthday month (Jess was born in March) so you get $5 off plus 15% . So I saved a little over $8. Thank you Jess

Called insurance and Safelight will be here the morning of the 8th to replace the windshield

Katie -Jrsmon (Amber) has a new screen name – cupcakecravings

I remember Joyce! How very sad

Barbara – no, no redness, swelling or the leg being hot. It feels more like when I sit for periods of time, something gets inflamed. Thanks for the aspirin/Tylenol difference. I honestly didn’t know the difference. I’m not on blood thinner but Vince is which is why we have Tylenol in the house and not aspirin. I’m going to buy some for myself. I’ve thought of Lenora a lot, too. Another person on that page was Gloria.

Allie – OIC about the “they”

Thinking of pip

Mailed the card for Lynette. Also sent her a short email just asking how she is and telling her that I’ll be thinking of her tomorrow (her mother’s ceremony)

M – about the only symptom of blood clot that you listed is the varicose vein, but I figure we all have that, nothing out of the ordinary

Carol – thanks so much for posting Joyce’s obit. So many of the people (Charlie, Trinity, etc) she spoke about on here that I felt I knew them. I’m so sad she’s gone. She was such a wonderful person

Betsy – I remember years ago we had to have a windshield repaired and at the time we were told if the chip could be covered by a dollar bill, they can fix it. Anything larger they have to replace. I remember Vince one time had a chip and they repaired it, so much so that the only way you knew it was there was if you looked real real close. The bright side is that it’ll be a nice clean windshield. I had some sort of film on the windshield. Oh, I could still see out, but it was just a pain. Now that won’t be a problem. They did say that I shouldn’t go thru a car wash for a while (like I ever use a car wash. I think the last time I used one was 10+ years ago. I like washing my car myself).

Pip – that’s some tumor!! I hope you don’t have cancer. When will you know the result?

Annie DE (((HUG)))

I bet most others would have felt pip’s tumor sooner. but pip is in such great shape, she probably didn’t even notice it for a while

The friends we met yesterday make their own wine. They gave us a bottle which was very nice of them. However, the cardiologist doesn’t want Vince to drink (he does have like one beer occasionally or one glass of wine once/year) and I’m not a drinker. I’ll probably save it until Christmas. The bad part is that I won’t get the sweet Golden Muscadine. But that might be a blessing in disguise for me. I really like a sweet wine and this is so sweet that, honestly, I can finish the whole bottle.

Going to play cards with a couple of ladies tonight. Well, I missed playing last night. I just get bored playing the same thing over and over (canasta). I like canasta, but I’d also like to play other things. But it seems that some people around here are very into doing the same old same old. Oh well..

Michele
    who needs to get dinner ready so I can go

Should know within 7-10 business days
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Quick hop on before shopping:
    PIP!- Holy S**T! Where were you hiding that?! You are so tiny. Sending healing vibes and "zero cancer" thoughts. I am so happy you keep yourself so healthy; should make recovery easier. ((hugs))
    Allie- Teens, in general, hit a disrespectful/pain in the a** stage. I feel for Carmine. What they are going through is a lot to process in their still learning/developing mind and body. Puberty, gender identity, new family dynamic, peer relationships (which, due to their new identity, is becoming more challenging). They have a LOT on their plate/in their mind and I am sure they feel that no one understands or knows how they feel. SO...encourage communication. Tracy and Kyle (or just Tracy, if that would make Carmine more comfortable) spending time alone with them would be great. If you decide to put your foot down and set "respect" boundaries, I would do so in a conversation where you are asking Carmine what they need/want from you. Then let them know what you need/want in return. Let them know that as a woman of a certain age and with health issues; you need to have time to rest and be able to stay home if your health demands it. I would also encourage Carmine to write. Write in journal, poems, songs, essays, anything to get their feelings and thoughts on paper and out of their head so they can see their thoughts and possibly come up with solutions; or just to make room in their head for other things. You mentioned Carmine was taking guitar lessons. Music could be a healing place for them. Encourage that. Also...encourage walking, hiking, running, biking. Exercise will also help reduce stress, untangle thoughts, and help their brain process. IF Carmine won't sit still for a conversation, send it in a text. Even in a series of short texts, so that they can't ignore the messages. (messenger is great for this, because you can see if they have seen the message).

Wow, sorry so long. My quick hop on wasn't as quick as I was planning. I, too, saw Gloria's post when I followed the thread that Machka posted in regards to Joyce's last post. I have to say, my breath caught in my throat. Gloria certainly was a force to be reckoned with, wasn't she?! All she did for those grandchildren of hers, her pottery...

I better get busy. Shopping and a few errands. It is supposed to be in the high 60s this weekend. I definitely will be outside for as much of it as possible. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    MACHKA ~ Beautiful garden and patio!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Machka your gravel is beautiful! Well worth all that hard work.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Last night was a tough one for DH. He spent a long time in the bathroom with an angry digestive system and he couldn’t keep his food down. He’s sleeping now.

I peeked out my window this morning and found a gray sky. I have decided today should be a quiet day for us.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon