WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka - I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a spiders nest. Hope I never do. They don’t really bother me as long as they stay in their space and leave mine alone.

Barbara - if I could send snow to you I surely would.

Ginny - you amaze me with all of your reno projects you take on alone. I can do it, but have no interest in doing so. I’ve helped cut those big sheets, I’m glad you have help.

Lisa - your sewing is my math. I enjoyed basic math, but when it got to be algebra and formulas I really lost interest. Now that’s all I do. As for crafting, sewing and such. My paternal Grandmother continuously compared me to another granddaughter because I didn’t sew, crochet or knit. It seems in her mind those were the only skills a woman needed besides cooking. I don’t enjoy any of those but love creating other things. I think she would be proud now, but she never seemed to be when I was young.

Kylia - that sounds like so much fun, I hope you get on the drag strip. I have a lead foot and would love to do that.
    My granddaughter, 6, was on a twisty road in Edmonton with her Dad. Apparently from the back she was yelling “go faster, go faster”. The speed limit is about 32 mph.

Kelly - such great advice for Allie. Carmine is surely going through a lot probably some bullying happening too. Maybe there is a peer group meeting they could attend.

Machka - beautiful patio. Does your landlord compensate for any of the work you have put in?

Betsy - I’m sorry your Dad didn’t listen to you. Hugs

Well I should get on with my day, I need to figure out what to wear, straighten my hair and gather things together for the shower.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Pip- love ya lots girl and Alfie sending you big doggie kisses
    Have 2 loads of laundry done and have them in the dryer.. got the garbage together and will get that out to the dumpster. Then have to stop at the store a little later on..
    Yes they have tried all that with Carmine and i think Carmine does keep a diary .. or journal.. from what they have told Tracy and Kyle going to play guitar and make it bug doing that.. but without an education and having an attitude like they have not going to get to far..
    Yes I gave Tracy the number to Youth Services here in town to see if they can help..
    And I do tell Carmine when she snaps at me,no your not going to talk to me that way or your not getting a ride..or if she wants McDonald's or something i wont take her..
    Pip- your positive attitude will bring you through and I know you will be just fine.. know you have us all surrounding you with love xoxo
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARBARA I love the crocuses !
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    skimming....;

I had a nice day at a rare weekend work function. I offered to be there for an hour, then simple lunch offered (rice w some tuna in it!) then speaking w colleagues getting off public transport a few stops early to go through part. 11000 steps in. yay.
    tired and still hungry or peckish after eating early dinner getting home....
    need to maybe drink some water...

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Holy crap on a cracker is my line too! PIP, WTHeck? And they took pix? Did you ask them to do that? WOAH. Prayers that it was benign and just happened to be HUGE.

Sending love and thoughts to everyone needing them today. I've tried to read through everything, but my brain is quite tired today from just a lot of things and too much to go into. Nothing as extraordinary as what some of you are going through. Just normal "stuff".

Carla, in MN
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Having soup for breakfast. I know strange....
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a bright, bright sunshiny day. The river level is up a bit. This part of the Columbia River is affected by tides.

DH had an unpleasant night and will undoubtedly need some extra rest today.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well took Alfie for a ride stopped at store ,put laundry in dryer, got dishes done.. making ice,I have a countertop Icemaker..
    And will take the garbage out in awhile
    Stopped over to let Alfie see Tom and Elena and Homer .. will be watching Homer overnight in August just for one night..
    Tom will be turning 70 and they will be going up to Lake George just for an overnight .. Elena's daughter getting married in September so she is saving time for that...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, I went for my first run in 3 weeks this morning. Very cold. My hands didn't warm up until I was nearly half way round. But I did it! Very slowly, but I did it. :D

All the usual Saturday groups doing weird things on the seafront, but I did spot a new-to-me group of shabbily dressed middle-aged men doing something like Tai Chi on the tennis court. Wonder who they are. Rare for men to get together like that. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well i finished the laundry and got the garbage out.. cleaned out my car and stored the bigger carseat for Miles..going up to Susans tonight for dinner
  • Katla49
    Options
    Snowflake— I haven’t seen a spider nest but I have seen many spider webs where we live. The good thing is that they catch other bugs in their webs outdoors and don’t come inside our house. 😎
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hits DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeanette Jenkins Core Stretch DVD

After exercise stopped at WalMart. The price of gas!!! I got a bargain at $3.78 (you people in CA can stop laughing now). Then went to Aldi since Vince needed cereal (which they didn’t have). It’s at the point when I leave to go to exercise, I just say “gee, what’s the price of gas today”

Today when I went to exercise, I killed a roach. I believe this one lady is a personal trainer there so she’s probably in touch with the owner. I’m going to mention it to her. I believe “where there’s one, there’s more”

Barbara – Vince said that he’s used Tylenol and it doesn’t help the first or second day, but by the third it’s kicked in. So I’ll try it again. Exercise really does seem to help. Only I can’t be exercising 24/7.

kylia – you’re going to drive the track at Charlotte? I thought that only happened the day after Thanksgiving. You buy a certain amount of souvenirs and that entitles you to so many laps around the track. Have you ever done this before? If they use a pace car, what we found was that you hang back, then you can really give it the gas to get up to the pace car. Drive safely because if you have an accident and insurance asks you where it happened, I don’t think “on turn 4 of Charlotte speedway” would sit well with them...lol

Betsy – so sorry about your dad.

M – beautiful garden

Tracey – my grandmother was a fantastic crocheter. She wanted to teach me. But I was a “know it all teenager” who didn’t want anything to do with that “old lady stuff”. To this day I regret my decision. I’ve had to learn myself.

Rebecca – soup for breakfast isn’t strange at all. If I need to use some up, that’s what I have

Michele
    who went to the pool but it’s too windy to go in even tho the pool is heated
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I believe it was Barbara who asked if my giving notice meant I was retiring and yes, that's exactly what I am doing. So looking forward to it!
    Tracey, the mugs are really cute! Will you be doing some for craft fairs like you did with the wood burning stuff? I would think those would go over really well.
    Katla, I would love to see your end of the "Mighty Columbia"! I have been to the beginning, lived along some of it, and have seen photos and videos of the mouth, hopefully one day I will get there in person.
    Machka, the property is looking very nice! I am in awe of the amount of gravel that you have moved!
    Kylia, driving the track sounds like so much fun! Hope it lives up to your expectations!
    I think I remember Joyce, but I think she stopped posting shortly after I started on here. I remember Lenore, Amber and Faye quite well. I also miss Trucker Sharon. There was another Sharon (I think) who was from Lethbridge AB and having issues with her partner, he just wasn't treating her very nicely. I do hope they are all doing well.
    Well, I'm at work today, so really should get off the computer and go do something productive.
    Hugs for those needing them, sending out some healing vibes to those who are having health issues, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies.
    Evelyn, on beautiful, sunny Vancouver Island (where it is still a bit chilly, the sun is most deceptive but so lovely to see!)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments on our yard ... a few nice things about it for us ...
    1) Not expensive!
    2) Safer for my husband - much less slippery than it was
    3) A project we could work on together
    4) Less maintenance - no more mowing a difficult section of the yard
    5) Easier to access our clothes line and no more dropping clothes on wet and sometimes muddy grass.

M in Oz