WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Thank you, Pip. DH is not doing well right now. He says he will try a telephone visit with his doctor on Monday. His face was gray yesterday and this morning. It is looking more like himself as the day goes on. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to improve.

Call the ambulance!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka - Thanks for your ambulance suggestion. DH is unwilling so far. He is improving and he plans a meeting with his MD soon. If this turns life threatening, I will take him to the hospital myself. It is about 30 miles +~ away in mixed traffic. We have a clinic in our town but not a hospital.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :) Lazy day for me--long zoom mtg and nap in the morning, lunch at a restaurant with out of state friends, no work in the yard. Just the usual two hours of dog walking, two hours if tv and exercise bike, and a 30 minute late afternoon walk.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Options
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Cheryl … welcome back!

Beth near Buffalo
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hope you can enjoy Happy anniversary, Rita, despite all the worry and sadness. Heard once that MFP doesn’t support? Uploading pics from Android? phones.
    Lisa :love: your procrastination comments. Sending safe travels vibes to your DD and grands.
    Katla, ((hugs)) It sounds as though your DH is refusing to call the Dr. You might have trouble getting him into the car to take him to the hospital. Don’t put yourself through that extra stress. Call the professionals and follow them in your car. Skin turning gray sounds life-threatening to me! (hugs))
    Heather wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch your triumphant entry into your brothers birthday party, 10 years older, 4 stones lighter. Bravissima!
    Lanette so frustrating your DH has avoided recommended tests and screenings. Hope he can change his mind short of a serious fall.
    Ginny could you post a link to the article about contamination in Kroger brand (Simple Truth?) organics? Joe thinks the Fred Meyer management should issue bandanas and revolvers to all the checkers, it is highway robbery. But in our town, if Grocery Outlet or BiMart doesn’t have it, the only option is Freddie’s.
    Julie “…if you need a house call” “astonished” I can NEVER remember a time when house calls were an option in the US. I’d heard of them in the late ‘50s early ‘60s but and hever seen one so filed them with the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny.
    Welcome back @wessecg Cheryl

Rebecca thanks for the giggles. :laugh:
    Annie, I feel ya. Have had some down days myself recently, but without the grief of your caregiving struggle. With me I think it might be short daylight worsening pandemic fatigue.
    Tracey hooray for the payroll system issue fix and the movies with Jonah. Prayers for your BFF’s daughter.
    Debbie glad you can rest and recover in peace. Much more important than house cleaning which after all son and DH could do in a pinch. :wink: :laugh: :wink:
    Pip that’s awful. (gentle hugs)
    Barbie “lazy day” hahaha!

Caught up, more I wanted to say but getting sleepy.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie - You are a wonderful grandma. Your grandchildren are lucky. ❤️ I hope your daughter likes her job at Dunkin Donuts. ⭐️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    (((Debbie)))
    (((Pip)))
    (((Katla)))
    (((anyone else who needs a hug)))

BARBARA yeah for housecall it's surprising. also covered by health care coverage. I have called a few times over the decades, usually when there is a moderate scare to check out in evening or weekend and appointment is impossible, when couldn't get an appointment night or weekend and had a scare. Way better than emergency, for uncertain scares. Most times I've been to emergency, they have one wait 3h and then tell you it's not very serious, and send you off with not much. About 15 years ago when I had serious health issues for a month or so and could barely walk, I found that my usual doctor did house calls. What a bane! My following doctor did too, but I never needed them. He stopped working around 2017 or so... I think some others still do house calls, in addition to this uber-ish association which is still there and has been for decades. https://www.sosmedecins.fr/en/
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Barbara — DH says he wants to meet with his doctor. This doctor is competent, and he will be in our town. DH will call in to make an appointment. It may be here in town, in Portland, or by telephone conference. We will get it done one way or another.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Planning to do a Half Hour Yoga DVD tomorrow.

Michele
  • Katla49
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka - Thanks for your ambulance suggestion. DH is unwilling so far. He is improving and he plans a meeting with his MD soon. If this turns life threatening, I will take him to the hospital myself. It is about 30 miles +~ away in mixed traffic. We have a clinic in our town but not a hospital.

Turning grey is not a good sign. My husband turned grey when he had his heart attack, and you should have seen the colour of other patients in ICU during the 3 weeks I was there with him. All sorts of shades of grey! It's often considered part of a medical emergency.

And it doesn't matter what your husband wants ... if he's sick, he's not thinking clearly. It's up to you to be the responsible adult and take over the situation.

Taking him to the hospital yourself is often not advised.

As Barbara mentions, you might not be able to get him into the car.
    And what if his situation becomes worse along the way? What are you going to do then?
    He can be treated on the way to the hospital if he is in an ambulance.
    Also, he will get priority treatment once he arrives at the hospital ... rather than sitting in the waiting room for hours, he will at least be lying down and will likely be having someone check on him.

I just couldn't sit back and wait for my husband to take action if he were showing signs of being quite ill. :neutral:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Julie “…if you need a house call” “astonished” I can NEVER remember a time when house calls were an option in the US. I’d heard of them in the late ‘50s early ‘60s but and hever seen one so filed them with the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

When I was a child (like 10-12 yrs old), there were house calls ... in Canada. I remember 2 or 3 occasions.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    "Our" ship is passing the coast off Brighton and Hove at this very moment. It's on its way back to Southampton. I think it's a couple of hours late, which will make the transfer late. We were meant to be boarding at around 4pm. They have to get everyone off first!
    Oh well, we aren't going, so that's fine. :p
    I do feel a bit flat, but it's nice not to have butterflies.

Barbara - I load photos off my Android phone all the time. No problem. Plus off my Android tablet.

Time to make DH a cup of tea.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Beginning to feel that DH and I ought to do something together, now that we are not going away. We have hardly been out for months. The last few weeks we have seen no one except the family once a week.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If I were in the UK, I'd be tempted to head for Wales or Scotland. :) Somewhere with more nature and less people.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Hey, all,

Kels and the kids got here Friday about lunchtime, and the glorious chaos that always accompanies them has continued ever since. Was having a rough day yesterday (unrelated to the kids), so my husband, bless him, took them all to town to go to Sam's Club for things Kels can't find in Kansas, like the right-sized diapers for Levi. Gave me time to nap a bit and get my feet under me.

Finally felt a bit better by dinner time, and dragged everyone out for a short walk around the couple acres that we've cleared around the house. Watching a two-year-old find sticks is one of the more wonderful things in life.

Every one he picked up, whether six inches long or six feet long, he proudly named it "stick!" and went to find another. The big long ones he pounded on the ground, yelling "stick, stick!" until they became smaller sticks. The six-year-old found a new type of weed, took a chunk of it with her, and found tiny flowers to wind into it. After our walk, she gifted it to her grandfather, who stayed in the house making pizzas. :p

For those who've listened as I've shared my Army soldier daughter's recent woes with her marriage, she is now happy and relaxed and laughing. Like me, her emotions show whether she wants them to or not. Her command has validated her by sharing with her that the moment she gets her current department ticking like a well-oiled machine, which won't be much longer, they want to shift her to another department that needs her trouble-shooting talents. It's a huge compliment.

Oh, and the weight I gained the last week of February has come right back off in the last week. I had gained up to 179 pounds, and now I'm back to the same weight (174) I was at the beginning of February. Really want to get below 170 and stay there. Then I'll reset the goal to 160, and then when I get to 150, I want to set up a maintenance lifestyle that I can stick with.

Don't want to go around changing all the clocks until everyone is awake - far too many beeps, boops, and ratchet sounds. I'll just get a little reading done before the hungry horde is awake.

Off to my reading!
    Love,
    Lisa in AR