WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I tried a new hair dye and it's not going well. I skipped my old tips to keep the red dye off my skin and now my hands look bloody. And my ears. And the edges of my face. That will last a day or two. The applicator was not good. So now I wait 45 mins then wash it out and see what the damage is.

Annie in Delaware

There is one dye that I tried once and vowed never again ... it did that.

Meanwhile, you can try getting the dye off your skin.
    Step 1. Rub lotion in and wash it off. It usually works to get some off.
    Step 2. Then put rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and rub it over the dyed areas. That usually works to get more off.
    Step 3. "Wash" your hands and other skin areas with 70%+ alcohol hand sanitiser. Leave it on for a few minutes, and wash it off.

Probably won't take all of it off, but should reduce it down so it is less noticeable.

I have a couple other brands which are better.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well I broke down and told kirby what my weight was when he asked. He was a bit shocked. I told him 125 but it’s really 124.6. I weigh twice daily, in the morning and then after my workout. Today after the walk it was 124.4. I told him that since I have records of my weight, I’ll bring it up when we go to my appointment. I told him that my readouts are in the excellent/standard range. I am not trying to loose weight right now. I looked online and noted healthy foods to gain weight, I don’t want to just stuff myself with crap which is what he would want to give me.

My goal weight has always been 135. My ideal we Was 130 but the lowest I would get to was 132. Now that I am at this weight, it makes me think if I do have cancer after all. Not worried about it till we see the doc

You also just lost a 10 lb tumor!
  • Machka9
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    [Julie-foot issues revealed to be Hallux rigidus in both feet. The boring story:
    Believe it may tie back to being born club footed. Right foot is due, in part, to an osteotomy surgery years ago to deal with bunion that was dropping to ball of foot (instead of side). That joint is completely fused. Left great toe is following suit on its own, very little space let in joint. Arthritis both feet. Pain resulting from lack of joint motion. Getting fitting for rigid orthotics, no sandals or flip flops (don’t wear them anyway). Will investigate some old lady tie type shoes after I get orthotics. Wider toe box, firm soles, etc. Doctor did tell me that movement is still the best thing for me and my pitiful feet. Orthotic support is most sensible thing to try first. Wants to keep gait correct so I don’t have other problems. After what I have gone through with hips and getting IT bands flexible, do’t want feet putting me back!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I also have arthritis in both feet and my feet are stiff in the sense that they have significantly less flexibility than they should.

For the arthritis, I've got orthotics and carbon fibre insoles to keep my shoes rigid.

For the stiffness, I've got exercises to do.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    sokbq61bu1fk.png

So that said, I'm going to defer all the indoor decisions and go outside to work on my dry stream. :)

Clear sky, sunshine and 19C ... a beautiful early autumn day. :)

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It has seemed like a long day. DH is sleeping. I think he’s getting some well deserved rest. I hope he gets good rest tonight and a good day tomorrow. :star:
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lovely evening ride!

0tj5cs90a2kl.png
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    GINNY I'm sorry you have those foot issues. Thank you for explaining that.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Not a great day to start.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ... I think the waiting on known test results is utter BS ... I have received test results over the phone for cancer (skin). And I only get a mammogram at a location that lets me talk with the radiologist immediately afterwards. No waiting for what is rightfully mine. I'm sorry you have to play this out-dated doctor/patient game.

Pip - I agree with Beth. Even the antiquated VA automatically posts my results on tests, X-rays and CT scans, etc., on my private web interface within 36 hours. The local clinics are all tied to the hospital system, and you get them within hours, including the doctor's notes.
    Kelly wrote:
    I survived St. Patrick's Day! KJ (Kelly)

Kelly - The energy and love you put into those projects for your kiddos is so wonderful! I would have loved a childhood that included you.
    Tracey wrote:
    Had a good day at work. The restrictions were lifted and the residents were allowed to have live music today for the first time in 2 years. It was wonderful to see them enjoy it. There were a lot of tears of happiness.

Ceramics tonight, almost finished the project for my daughter.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - So pleased you had a good day at work, and that you're making something for your daughter. I was so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend's tragic accident.

Katla - So pleased you're getting some answers from the doctor for your DH.

Heather - I love the idea of seed bombs. We've had varying success with seeds here. Some grow well, but most don't. However, those that we plant as seedlings or bulbs almost always do well. The almost is because of the two climbing roses we bought last year--they never grew at all and died completely by the beginning of winter.

Barbara AHMOD - Hope the knee is better soon, and much sympathy from someone who has had bad knees for more than 30 years. That kind of pain is bearable for the short term, but when it goes on and on, it's exhausting.

I'm up far too early once more, but if need be I can take a nap later. My body woke me first at 2:35 a.m. I don't know what dream was interrupted, but I looked at my Fitbit and the numbers were just a blob of light. So the drama queen in my head started screaming "Oh, we've gone blind!" Rubbed my eyes so they would focus, and I could see the numbers, and she quit yammering at me. Was able to get back to sleep and slept another hour.

Got a few things done, but they haven't even put a dent in my office chaos. Will work in the office until Corey gets up. Swear!

Later y'all,
    Love
    Lisa

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, made up last Sunday’s wii, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, veg prep, hymns, 40 mins filing/decluttering. Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 144.4:rage:, H20x5, active 3:40
    Mindful March
    18: If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Up 2.4 this morning. Blaming it on the antibiotics’ side effects. Time for Kombucha and sauerkraut, alternately not together :laugh: BP down 8 points from 135 average, could it be abstaining from tea or the wii games? 40 mins sorting/filing and the piles seem undiminished.

Heather thanks for the Robert Plant Desert Island Discs recommendation ;) and the inspiring quote. Where are the untamed garden pics?
    KJ :love: your leprechaun traps and tracks!
    Barbie you know it. The knee feels fine if I do nothing but sit with it elevated. When I move around its mostly ok. Then I step backward or turn funny and the icepick/lightning bolt strikes and the knee gives way. Don’t know if the fear is worse than the enforced inactivity or…?
    Lisa “Bazinga!” Laughed so hard Joe had to come in and check on me. Thank you thank you, thank YOU!
    Ginny your comments to pip about the 10 lb volleyball were spot on. How did you get your IT bands flexible?
    Machka “deferred decisions…” Truth this.
    Oh Tracey, what a tragedy. My heart goes out to your DD and SIL. And to you for your difficult work days. Was hoping that resolving the payroll system issues would make work better for you.
    Terri lovely poem!

Time to snooze. Tomorrow everytime I catch myself whining about what I CAN’T do, I’ll pick up anoter piece of paper from the desk and handle it.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Sudden deaths like that are so difficult. Especially young people. So sad.
    My elder son used to be a world champion sky diver, then he suddenly couldn't do it any more. He was in the same centre that day with someone who died in an 'accident' that was national news. They thought it was murder, but it turned out to be suicide. Very traumatic for everyone.

Gorgeous day here, so I appreciate Terri's spring poem. <3 I will walk up to the Chinese shop and buy frozen Dim Sum. :p 😜 Tonight's dinner is a very wintery sauerkraut, cabbage and sausage dish. Not very spring-like!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    I survived St. Patrick's Day! lol I had ALL of my kiddos here (eleven; ages six months through age 6). I have been telling/reading leprechaun/fairy tales all week. We have been looking at pictures of "fairy circles, fairy homes, etc". Wednesday I told the kids that if they caught a leprechaun, they might be able to get his gold in exchange for setting him free. SO...the kids spent the time outside building traps and spraying them with "sticky spray" (corn syrup, water, food color, and glitter). AFter the kids went home Wednesday, I had a meeting out of town; so I got home when it was dark outside, but went around with my flashlight to each trap; set down some doll shoes and sprinkled green fine glitter around the shoes (to leave prints). Left notes to follow clues, left treat in a box tied with a green bow on the outdoor stairwell. When the kids arrived here, yesterday, they were in a frenzy (of my own making); excited about the possibility of catching a leprechaun. I also put green footprints on the toilet seat and colored the water in the toilet green (because Mr. Leprechaun obviously needed a potty break after getting out of all of those traps). Anyway, the kids had a ball and I am exhausted. Only eight kiddos here today. It is supposed to rain all day, but we shall see...
    I love all of the projects every one is working on. Spring is on its way and I am already planning my projects! I think I have DH convinced of a garden this year! We have also been talking about letting our front lawn go and sowing some wildflower seed and plants. Less to mow. lol
    I am celebrating with those of you getting good news, sending hugs and waiting with those of you waiting for any news.
    Kids arriving. I better scoot. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Way back when, I worked in childcare for a couple years. I was in a room of 18 month to 3 year children with another girl. The two of us got on really well and we would do all sorts of theme activities too. But you go above and beyond!! You amaze me!

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Terri - loved the poem! It brought light to my early morning darkness...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Our daughter and son in law had terrible news today and I’m not sure how to help them.

The man that was supposed to be Best Man at their wedding chose to back out of the wedding when he was invited to join the Canadian Air Force skydiving demonstration team. He had been training for 3 or 4 years and couldn’t pass up the opportunity. He died in a skydiving accident yesterday. This is the first of their own age group to pass and my heart hurts for them.

We have offered to take Ember so they don’t have to worry about her and travelling to the funeral.

So sorry to hear this.

Machka - I’m sure I couldn’t keep up with your schedule. I like my peace and down time.

Tracey in Edmonton

I'm not thrilled about my schedule either. I thought I would have more peace and downtime now.

However, it's like I've taken on a part time job as a legal assistant.

I work full time with a long commute. Then I come home and collect, prepare and collate legal information and documentation all evening long. It's really not what I imaged I'd be doing.

But I've decided to take this weekend off the work and legal paperwork.

Today, I moved the start of my dry stream and then spent quite a bit of time digging in dirt. I'm digging up the bulbs I planted last winter so I can move them to new locations, and I'm also digging up the plethora of roots that are strangling out the bulbs. Plus I'm preparing the area for the dry stream.

I'm finding digging in dirt to be cathartic ... it's quiet except for the sound of ocean waves, birds and the occasional person going past in the distance. It smells good because of the rosemary hedge right next to my garden bed. The sun is shining and I've got my hands in dirt - sand & clay.

I also did 2 loads of laundry and hung them outside to dry. The towels dried really quickly because of the good weather.

My husband and I went for a bicycle ride.

I framed one of the pictures I've coloured ... my favourite one.

And I finished colouring another picture.

Tomorrow, among other things, I might make an apple crumble and/or apple jam.

Machka in Oz
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Y'all are doing great!

Yesterday I walked 4 miles in the morning and did tons of yardwork in the afternoon. Went over my calorie limit.