WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbara - We bought Perky-Pet Window Mounted Bird Feeders. DH ordered them from Amazon in packages of 2. This was not a first time purchase. We have three in use now. 2 are favorites of the birds and one doesn’t get much action. We attach them on windows with a suction cup. Three are currently in use on three separate windows. We love the birds and the feeders. The birds are here all year around and in all weather. Our birds are Annas Hummingbirds.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    I have not been a fan of them because the bridge of my nose makes fitting them hard and my glasses fogged no matter what. And with my hearing loss, it was very hard for me to understand what people were saying since I was unable to lip read OR see facial expressions – smiles for example.

Lanette <3
    Sunny, chilly SW WA State

Masks can be a bit challenging. Since mid-December, when I've worked in the office I've had to wear one for approx. 10-11 hours a day. I've worked in the office approx. 2 weeks out of 3.

I've found that surgical masks are quite easy to breathe through, but there something about where the metal nose bit is that irritates the top of my nose. I can wear one for a couple days in a row, but then I've got to change to cloth masks for a day or two.

I have a collection of cloth masks and certain ones are better than others.

As for fogging, larger glasses are better. Pull the mask quite high on the nose and wear the glasses over the masks. Small glasses are difficult to wear over the masks properly.

I've also had to talk louder than I usually do and I scrunch my eyes when I'm smiling behind the mask.

I kind of like wearing a mask in public ... the public can't see my face! I can make faces at people! :mask::tongue:

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Kobi, and after a long hiatus I'm back on My Fitness Pal.

On my 55th birthday I decided that I don't want to live the rest of my life obese. I have lost 50 pds so far, I went off track for awhile and have cleared my head so I'm back to it.

Please feel free to friend me :)

Welcome here!

Just had that birthday and yes, I need to focus on weight and fitness more this year.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    A bit of an adventure today ...

9v71wnc9d3td.png

Per litre
    $1 Australian = $0.73 US

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka - is that about $6 US dollars a gallon? Sheesh.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Machka - is that about $6 US dollars a gallon? Sheesh.

Karen in Virginia

$6.25 I think.

$1 Australian = $0.73 US. So I think the formula is ($2.15 × 4) ÷ 0.73 = $6.25 or so.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Doing a lot of precooking today. Interestingly enough, when I handle food like that I don't want to eat it. Or much of anything, really.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Went to Latin Study group this morning. Much reduced numbers, just seven of us, well spaced out. It was good to meet up with friends again.

Allie: I hope Carmine gets the help they need.
    Rita: It must be so difficult to have to deal with this on top of everything else. I hope that your son also gets the help he needs.

Family relationships can be fraught, at times, and children, whatever age they are, often strike out at their nearest and dearest when in turmoil. (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those of us who are living through one of those times.

☘️Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Zzzzz
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Deep cleaning is so satisfying. I like walking into a room and knowing it's clean all the way down, even the parts that I can't see.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ———
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara - We bought Perky-Pet Window Mounted Bird Feeders. DH ordered them from Amazon in packages of 2. This was not a first time purchase. We have three in use now. 2 are favorites of the birds and one doesn’t get much action. We attach them on windows with a suction cup. Three are currently in use on three separate windows. We love the birds and the feeders. The birds are here all year around and in all weather. Our birds are Annas Hummingbirds.

Katla, wondering where you live and if you have problems with the suction cups "sticking". We're in MN and obviously the cold wreaks havoc in the winter, but I've even had problems in the summer with them not sticking for the duration of the season. I was so disappointed.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I did my dumbbells last night. Yay! Today I did my 45 mins of yoga, 8 mins of elliptical, and 6 mins of marching.Yay! One of the yoga videos was short, but it was all abs. That ought to count double! I did it because my shoulder had a sore spot but now my lower back is sore. I need to pay more attention to tensing my belly to support my back, or however that works.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    +++
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    minicooper 452 — We live in NW Oregon beside the Columbia River. The climate here is relatively mild. We have ice or snow some winters but not others.
    🌸 We don’t have problems with suction cups. They stick to our windows and enjoy window heat in winter.
    🌺I have sometimes brought feeders inside to thaw during cold weather & taken them back outside when they are liquid again. The suction cups stay outside on the windows. We only use feeders on ground floor windows.
    🌼 A nearby neighbor hangs their feeders from their second story balcony. They have two feeders and rotate them inside to thaw in winter.
    🌹 I have learned that some hummingbirds migrate every year. Our Annas Hummingbirds are here all year around.