Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    iiuh1b97d5pb.jpeg
    My new shot/medicine area

Pip- is Kirby the shot giver? Looks very organized! WTG! Your activity level sounds perfect.

After my belly button hernia surgery a few years ago, surgeon said I was restricted to only walking for 4 weeks. I know I jumped into doing stuff quicker but then my "wound" was covered by a couple large Band aids. A couple stitches.

Your surgeon must have gotten paid by the inch. :) But then, Pip's evil twin had to get out somehow! :p

Glad it wasn't ME going under that big knife and praying I'll never visit a surgeon again. :#

Lanette

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip, what shots are you taking?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Enoxaparin sodium injection, ISP. 100 mg/mL

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    My guide for being around others is the 4 D’s – Distance, Dimension, Duration, Draft.

Distance – how close am I to other people? Sitting next to them on a bus for example? Someone talking “in your face” at a party? Or generally keeping at least an arm’s length or more?

Dimension – how big is the room or area – a large store or small intimate room? Outdoors?

Duration – am I next to people for a few minutes like standing in line at a store or real close to someone for an hour or two? Again, being on a bus or in a small meeting room for several hours comes to mind.

Draft – is there good ventilation and air flow?

I think this strategy serves for reducing chances of picking up any respiratory bug. Even before the crud hit, I generally avoided being close to people, especially since retirement and didn't have any family members or visitors/groups in my house for any length of time.

Lanette <3
    Sunny, chilly SW WA State

WHO has been saying the same thing. And I've tried to adhere to that for decades.

When flu season hit, in one office where I worked, I put my guest chair in the entryway in my cubicle and told my work colleagues that they could talk to me from there or drop things off in the chair and I would look at them later!! I can't do that now, but since 2020, work colleagues usually respect each other's space and with the surge in cases here, we work from home on a rotation so there are fewer people in the office and we're widely spaced apart.

I really like the "stand here" dots in checkout lines to keep us widely spaced apart. Before, I actually had people stand so close to me they were leaning on my backpack!! Not often, but a few times. In one case, I noticed my backpack felt like it was getting heavier, realised what was happening, and took a sudden step forward. The person stumbled and almost fell. Thankfully, people don't do that anymore. People have also stopped pawing my hair ... thank goodness!

If my husband and I seem to be passing a cold back and forth, I'll clean the place (including doorknobs, taps, and anything we touch) and have the windows open and fans in front to push the air along.

I have not particularly enjoyed taking the bus, in general, but especially over the past couple years. They're not big on ventilation. Fortunately, others have decided not to take the bus and I've worked out the timings so that I'm on relatively empty buses. However, that's one place I definitely use a mask and will wash my hands or use hand sanitiser as soon as possible after.

xx3kp1wgoczc.png
    fol0lyrb99a3.png
    wib76hdlswhz.png

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Rita Adovocate for a psych evaluation. It sounds like your son needs to be in a hospital not a jail. They put our son in jail when he clearerly needed to be in a hospital.

They will eventually release your son and without the psych evaluation they will just have him back on the street in worse shape than when he went in. HE NEEDS TO BE IN A HOSPITAL. This is what is not understood in the illness. If you were having a heart attack it would be apparant he needs to be in a hospital. I remember my son calling what he had was like a heart attack to the brain. It is not a stroke because that is caused by blood clots. This is caused by the nervous system and hormonal system misfiring. If you can get him to the hospital asked immediately for a civil commitment otherwise if he insists he will be out in 72 hours. The system is behind the times in how to help the mentally ill. I am sorry to be the bearer of news you would rather not hear. Often times those who are this ill will deny how ill they are. It takes time for them to understand what has happend to them. If you could get him to get a spect scan so he could see what has happened to his brain it might break through the denial and his treatment could be tailored to the scan. If he does not get the proper treatment it can be a long nightmare. I am sending you all the strength I can so hopefully this can be prevented for you and your son. This illness is a marathon not a sprint. With proper treatment there is hope.

I agree bailing him out is not an option. He is not safe nor or those around him. He needs to be in a hospital.
  • Machka9
    Options
    v8cd6tgenk30.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Oh yeah for the blood clot...does it sting?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options

Damn straight skippy. I have him give it to me SLOWLY so it doesn’t sting as much. The first time he did it, it hurt like a mother!!!!!

• Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options

Damn straight skippy. I have him give it to me SLOWLY so it doesn’t sting as much. The first time he did it, it hurt like a mother!!!!!

When I had the blood clot in my leg, I had to have twice daily injections, then it moved to daily after a few months, and then it moved to only when I fly somewhere.

Sometimes when my husband does it, there's almost no pain ... other times there's a lot of pain.

I know what you're feeling!!

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Today I sent a text to my neighbor who does computer troubleshooting to tell him that the new external back up drive that he helped me order had come in and wondering if there was a time he could come over and install it for me. He wrote back immediately "No". I was shocked and wondered how I could have offended him that he would reply like that. I played a game of solitaire to help calm me and then texted back, "Does that mean not today or not ever?" He sent a longer reply that he couldn't come today because he had major back pain and he'd text me tomorrow about a time. I was so relieved and sent him a friendly message commiserating about his back pain and wishing him a speedy recovery.

:) The woman who traps moles is here to get rid of the moles that have invaded our yard. Jake is outside talking to her.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Xxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your neighbors back pain Barbie i know how that feels ,been there..
    Pip.. those shots aound painful but if it keeps you well then its a cross that you have to bear I guess.. you just snuggle up there with Kirby and Yogi and heal up quick and know we are all in your back pocket..
    I took another round of tylenol and am going to hit the hay.. im beat.. today took the stuffings out of me.. but was nice to spend time with Tracy and Miles
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyy
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    ❤️