WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• MilwJul
    MilwJul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a busy day! Extra calories may have been needed!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) We have a container in our refrigerator for emergency information for 911 responders (personal and medical info, etc.) I created a document on the computer with info about Jake and me and felt very smug about having it. It made me happy to see it in the refrigerator. When the paramedics came on Sunday, they asked about Jake's medications and I gave them the list from his wallet completely forgetting about the stuff in the refrigerator. The next day I got the container out of the refrigerator and realized that it had been too long since I updated it and there was some out of date information. My job this week was to update the information so it's current. I told a friend about this and she said that when she called the paramedics to her house about her husband a few years ago, one of them went right to the refrigerator when he came in and she was glad she had the info there.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
    Uu
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We have a container in our refrigerator for emergency information for 911 responders (personal and medical info, etc.) I created a document on the computer with info about Jake and me and felt very smug about having it. It made me happy to see it in the refrigerator. When the paramedics came on Sunday, they asked about Jake's medications and I gave them the list from his wallet completely forgetting about the stuff in the refrigerator. The next day I got the container out of the refrigerator and realized that it had been too long since I updated it and there was some out of date information. My job this week was to update the information so it's current. I told a friend about this and she said that when she called the paramedics to her house about her husband a few years ago, one of them went right to the refrigerator when he came in and she was glad she had the info there.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

IN the refrigerator?

I tend to keep documents in filing cabinets and food in the refrigerator.

A paramedic here might look for things on the refrigerator, and we've got our Medic Alert info there, but I doubt they'd look in the refrigerator.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies..
    Nothing new to report...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Terri, lovely poetry.

Pip, completely agree.

Kelly, lovelovelove the leprechaun clues! The kids will remember it forever.

Heather, <3 wildflowers and pollinator-friendlies.

Barbie, I didn't know about the refrigerator idea - so smart!

Hugs and love to all.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Did Firm Super Cardio Mix DVD. I’m not a real fan of the Firm DVD’s mainly since they seem to have their own “language” for things. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 DVD

Anne DE – I used to dye my hair, but then when the pandemic hit and hairdressers were closed, I realized just how much gray I had so I decided to just let it grow out gray. Hope everything worked out for you and you aren’t all “bloody”. Update: yea things worked out!

Speaking of plants: right before we left for FL the guy came to talk about which plants they’d put in. Wish he’d called first, I almost wasn’t able to get to the door. Anyway, we told him we’d be away because he said he was going to put them in the next week. Well, come home from FL and no plants. I probably need to water them at least for the first year so that’s OK. I called to tell him we’re home and he can put in the plants whenever. Wonder when they’ll get done? I would think by next Christmas at least. He’s a real good guy, good prices, does good work, but takes FOREVER to get things done. I’ve contacted another landscaper to do different work. Hopefully, they’ll be more prompt

Debbie – like you haven’t tried your Wii, I have a feeling that I’m not going to be using it much if at all. Maybe what I’ll do is not get one and see if I miss it. If I do, I’ll look at buying another one.

Pip – what Ginny said

Went to see Hallelujah Girls last night. It was quite funny. One gal in it was in her first performance at the Green Room. She’s on our senior bowling league

Tracey – I try to do my crafting at night for the same reason you do, if I get something on it (cheese, whatever) I know who’s going to have to wash it so I want to save myself some time. I have found that if I have something easy to digest at night (applesauce or saltines) that seems to help with the weight. Another thing I sometimes do when I have a craving is to take a tsp of vinegar. The bitterness of the vinegar seems to squelch all desires. I, too, use mouthwash. I’m so very sorry about your son’s friend. It certainly hurts when it’s someone so young

Terri – great poet you are!

If it warms up like it’s supposed to, maybe later today I’ll take a walk around the block. God, have I missed being able to do that! I'm thinking right now when it gets warmer I'll go in the pool after work then probably go for my walk.

Looks like I'll be going to SC tomorrow. Jess asked for this ceramic snail (she said the one she has that I'd made needs a "buddy"...lol) and the lady in SC found one in bisque at a ceramic show so she picked it up. She's been holding onto it for a month for me. I know she'd like to make room and make the sale, so I'll go pick it up. I am also going to be sending Jess a brochure of the colors that it can be painted so she can pick out how it will look. I also want to ask her (the lady in SC) where she was able to pick it up, I am pretty sure she said she got it at a ceramics show, so I'll ask her if they sell bisque at all the shows or only certain ones. Maybe I'll go to a show sometime if it works into the schedule

Michele NC
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    My sister and her husband are visiting. They went out with my dad and I'm sitting with my mother who is sound asleep. We are having meatloaf tonight so I should make that about three this afternoon, so it can be in the oven by four and served around five. I have to eat lightly so I can do my exercise at seven.

My bloody tinge is down to a few fingernails, so not too bad. Thanks Machka for the tips!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Terri - I love your poetry.

Barbara - I hope your knee issues are fixed soon. The fear of what might happen moving wrong is tiresome. That is how my hip and back is.
    The payroll system issues aren’t 100% fixed yet. Getting the system fixed is not as frustrating as sending the same documents to my manager multiple times and having to explain it to her multiple times. I counted yesterday and in 2 weeks I have sent the same document 10 times and have had to explain it all 10 times.

Machka - is all of the legal stuff to do with getting your husbands wcb straightened?

Barbie - I’m curious, why the refrigerator, that is not a place I would have imagined to out emergency information.

Rita - happy you were able to speak to your son. Must be a relief.

Thank you all for the comments regarding my SIL’s friend. I found out later last night that he passed in Florida so his parents are working on getting him back home. What a terrible thing to have to do in the midst of your grief.

I have been sitting in the line up for the car wash for 35 minutes. I’ve been on hold after asking for a callback from the communications company for the same length of time. I wish people were part of the equation again.

It’s a beautiful day here.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Our daughter is here and we are thrilled to have her. She is a blessing. DH has a doctor appointment coming soon. I am very happy that she will still be here to participate.

Our daughter is brilliant, and we are lucky she has been here to help with DH’s situation.

❤️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
    Ii