skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Remember I told you I got a new garage door? Well, it's been opening and closing all on its own. Yesterday when I went outside first thing in the morning, it was open. I know Vince closed it the night before. Evidently, he added something so that he can open my door from any of his vehicles. Maybe that's interfering????

When I ride the exercise bike, I usually watch TV. I had been watching old shows of "Beverly Hillbillies". I haven't ridden the bike in about a month, maybe more. When I went to watch it today, I couldn't get it to work. The TV worked, but I couldn't get it to play "BH". So I called Vince. He logged back into Amazon. Seems they've changed things again and now I can't access that show. So I watched old episodes of "I Love Lucy". Really, that's not as good. I'll just have to see about another show.

Michele NC
    who is going to take a shower and then work on the puzzle.

that is better than what my husband was watching this morning. I was watching church online in the living room where my desktop is. He was in the kitchen. Offered to do the dishes for me which I appreciated(needed the sink empty to bathe the old momma cat). He has to have a tv on where ever he is. He put on The Flinstones then The Jetson's. I had to turn my computer up just so I could hear the service. Was glad when he was done with the dishes and turned it off.

Headphones are great! :)

Mind you, I would have said, "please turn the volume down, I can't hear what I'm listening to. "
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Just checking in. Made it through today and was glad to have Jason and Launa and grandgirls here. They leave tomorrow and it will be good for me to have my quiet space again. I slept some last night and that helped today. Thank you all for your support.
    Betsy

I'm glad you've got support there too.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Oh what a pain, KJ! :o:p<3

Our weather is set to change too this week. Our glorious spring is going to turn back to winter. I don't think it is going to be too bad here in the south, but chilly nights and rain/sleet are in order. Boo!
    I went for a run this morning, in anticipation of not being able to do so for a while. Beautiful. :D

I was writing my book this morning, when I came across an old poem. It reminded me of a distressing episode from my past. I wrote about it with a few tears. Feeling better now. The strange thing is, I had forgotten about it until I read the poem. How, I don't know. :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,420 Member
    Options
    Kelly - commiserations on the birth of your first hemi! Having dealt with horrible ones for the last two years, my advice is to do as little as you possibly can to it, and go about your life. The over-the-counter stuff helped me for a few hours, but then the rebound when it wore off hurt even more. If you can refrain from picking things up over 10 pounds, it will help. Other than that, it just takes time.

Betsy - Many good thoughts are headed your way.

Loud laundry in progress (jeans and one of Corey's coats). There are worse things.

In a contemplative mood today. Still need to finish cleaning my office up, but I'm close. I'm such a procrastinator these days!

Thanks for the comments on the travois. In the end, I had to remember that when Corey and I work on a new project, this always happens. I conceptualize and design it, and he redesigns it to make it work in the real world, and most of the time we build the redesigned things together. It's a thing. Together we've built bed frames with built-in nightstands, a massive hall tree, my desk, and on and on.

No real plans for today except to work in my office and get it sorted out. Oh - and laundry. The dryer's buzzing...

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, 19 mins wii balance games, readings, BP, CI<CO,
    Bonus: in person church, fellowship follow up call, veg prep
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, H20x5, active :
    Mindful March
    27: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness toward others today.
    28: Notice when you’re tired and take a break as soon as possible.

Took last of antibiotics, yay! Swelling and discoloration persist, having doubts about dx. Need to get up off my butt and get those legs up the wall.

Lisa thanks for the pics and serious points to you for your restraint :devil:
    Katla thanks for the recipe and your recommendation of the stick-on-window kind of hummingbird feeders. Joe put one up on the window of his man cave where Tumble can see from his lap. The window in my office is too high for easy maintenance, so he mounted the feeder on a stick and attached to path railing where I could see it from my desk. Will stir up a batch of nectar today. Many thanks! So glad your DD is taking steps to get you both some help. Fingers Xd.
    Debbie will think of your dad when I mix up the batch today. Loved the Jetsons, still waiting for my air car…
    Rebecca thanks for the Athena fix and “Jeez” indeed.
    Michele Joe loves the Beverly Hillbillies and I can tolerate it much better than the scary moves he also enjoys.
    Barbie, thanks for the “landscaping service=mole catcher” suggestion.
    Betsy ((hugs)) What KJ, Karen, Lisa and others have said. How long had you and Jack been together? ((hugs))
    KJ when I got my first one of those, the MD told me to eat an entire head of lettuce every day. Never could quite swallow that much.
    Heather :love: Johnny’s smile, with or without the artistic enhancements.

Managed to walk the dogs around the parking area yesterday as its fairly level if uneven ground. Still afraid to walk downslope to the power line.

Reading: Have piles and piles and even shelves of books I “should” or at some time wanted to read. Yesterday I got out the first of a cozy, screwball mystery series by a favorite author, Charlotte MacLeod/Alisa Craig. Thoroughly enjoyed re-reading it. Woke this morning refreshed. Maybe I can move a few of those “should”s to the donation pile while I continue to enjoy the series.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Betsy, Lots of us have used this thread for grieving, venting, processing, etc. There are broad shoulders here, and life experience. It's remarkable. The women here are a gift, no strings attached.

Karen in Virginia

p.s. Good idea to have the phone on speaker with your friend there when Jack's oldest son calls.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    OH D*** Betsy, I feel terrible for you having to deal with Mark. I can totally understand your anger. Really. I'm angry for you. I have so many words I'd like to say right now, but you don't need to hear that. DON'T ALLOW him to come if you don't want him there and make sure you have support in that. I'm glad you have your friend who will take over.
    PLEASE don't put it in a spoiler because this is why we're here. We ARE a support group for whatever is going on in all of our lives. What Karen said, "no strings". We're here for you.

Carla, in MN
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Betsy - No apologies needed for venting to this group. You need to take care of you first.

In a past life I worked for a newspaper in the IT department, and the receptionist/switchboard gal reported to me. She shared a desk with a representative who did all the obituaries. You could always tell when someone like Mark came in we always believed they were feeling guilty about the way they handled their relationship with the deceased - they would cause a scene - loud crying, wanted the entire lobby to hear the stories - would want a long flowery obituary and would rave about what a good (mom/dad/sister/brother) the person was and often one of the few relatives mentioned by full name was the person in the office.

The Mark's of the world will not help you find the peace and quiet you are looking for. Good for you to have someone to help keep him in his lane.

Hugs,
    Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Betsy- You don't have to be gracious. Just polite. Don't waste a minute of your life worrying about him. He will have to make his peace with his father's memory on his own. He is not your responsibility.
    I am glad you have a friend to help you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx