WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    On my third cup of tea, and his coffee is set up so he only has to push a button. Time to go get some bread going--I want to make hamburger buns - one of my birthday wishes was for a pan that will shape hamburger buns. I also have one that will shape hot dog buns now too. :smiley: So maybe I'll make both. Either way, need to get that going.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Happy Birthday!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday! I slept in until 7am both yesterday and today. I am quite proud of that. lol I did wake up at 4:30am and again at 5:30am, but after checking the time, rolled over and went back to sleep. I am very proud of that. I have had time for an extra cup of coffee both mornings, and allowed myself a day of doing absolutely nothing (except some cooking and kitchen clean up) yesterday.
    Friday my son went to a job fair held by a local cabinet making company. He was hired in his first interview and sent off for his entry exam (can he lift 50 lb boxes for five minutes without stopping) and for his medical/drug tests. When he arrived home and told me; I was absolutely thrilled for him (and me). His entry wage is what he was making at the time he was let go at his former job, he has great hours (Tues-Fri, 6:30am-4:30pm), plus full benefits/retirement pkg starting his first day. This mama is singing a big Halleluiah! We sat down to dinner last night and his plan (for the first time in his life, he has a plan!) is to stay at home for another year at least, and pay off his remaining student loans and build his savings. A plan. What a relief. It takes some kids a while, but when they get there, as parents, we all take a big cleansing breath. Yes?
    Another big red banner moment; my DH gave me a list of foods (high fiber) that he would like me to buy/make. He has recently upped his protein intake and has suffered from the constipation that goes along with that, if you don't get the fiber you need. SO...we will be working on our respective healthier meal plans together. Our plans are very similar, mine contains more veg.
    Lisa- Happy birthday, dear friend! <3
    Machka- I am a fellow hourglass. It is a benefit to keep that curvy shape; but also a curse. It has made it very easy for me to be in denial in regards to my weight gain. I look in the mirror and think, "I still look good." My heart grieves with you and your loss of daylight hours. :( It is SO hard. I am very happy winter is ending, here, and the sun is staying with us a little longer.
    Heather- Great article that your friend L, recommended sharing. I have experienced depressing and sadness both. This article describes them both, well.
    Ginny- I feel you on the sinus issues. Mine seems to come and go; I blame the weather/barometric pressure. Always horrible in the spring. Could also be winter mold, now that everything is thawing and exposed.
    Rita- Sending peace, strength, and companionship; the latter bc I am with you on the good ship MakingBetterChoices. We have got this!
    Barbara- It sounds like you have Gino in hand. It is important that he recognize you as the "alpha", and not a packmate.
    Terri- I love your poems. Do your daily thoughts come to you this way?

Well, I guess I have been sitting long enough. The sun is out and I still need a shower and to do the grocery shopping. Love to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    IRENE ~ Hello! I too am from Georgia and so is Dr. Katy. Welcome!

Carol in GA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Irene in Georgia (@m13irene) welcome! We're glad you're here! Fitness levels here vary from chair yoga to long-distance runners to long-distance bikers. Your surgery sounds very painful, and I'm glad you're up and around, if not completely on the move! Thank you for sharing your story, and please drop in to any conversation that interests you or start one of your own.

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes--I'm usually not terribly interested in sharing my birthday, for a lot of reasons. This one feels a little shinier and colored with a little more hope than my birthdays have been in the last few years, and I'm grateful for that.

I've got hamburger buns shaped and in their final proof, and once those are baked, a little shopping trip to get a few things we need for the week. I convinced Corey to start back doing something we used to, which is to plan out a set of dinners for the week so we can use what's in the freezer first, rather than shopping on the same day. In other words, stop with the impulse shopping. With ribeye steak here at more than $26 for two at Walmart, it's necessary.

Onward and upward, my dears, I've got all the feels going on with the birthday wishes. <3 Thank you all.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Welcome Irene! A lot of us are working with bum knees. Mine is just plain weak.

I did six minutes of marching and 46 minutes of yoga. Yay! Sort of a makeup for Friday. My knee is still telling me that those heels were silly. So I skipped the elliptical. And my lower back is feeling tight now. As it should, after a good core workout! Now the trick is to avoid tweaking it any further.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Lisa,

Happy Birthday!!!

t3335.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Tracey, sorry you fell! Hope the damage is not too bad. Take it easy until you know for sure.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    PIP. I still have strength for a good butt kick!.

Thank you!🤪😆

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD. No plan for formal exercise tomorrow since I work but we do have bowling in the afternoon and then ceramics at night

Terri – that’s the kind of place I’m looking for! Unfortunately, they aren’t in the US. However, what is the link for trying on the glasses? I couldn’t find it.

Barbara – the problem with that jewelry was that I hadn’t worn it in about 15 years. I can use the money a lot more than I can use the jewelry just sitting around gathering dust

Evelyn – when Vince got his stimulus money, he went right out and bought a new, larger TV. Personally, I didn’t think we needed it. But that’s what he wanted to spend his money on. I put my money into my “landscape” fund

Vince is working the taxes right now. Looks like we’re going to have to pay a substantial amount

Ginny – when I get a sinus headache, Sudafed works for me. Not the OCT stuff, the stuff you have to get from behind the counter

Lisa – I agree with you about the shopping. The best time to go to WalMart is a Sunday around 9. Happy Birthday! Wish I could make bread like you do. Yeast is NOT my friend.

Allie - so very sorry about Homer. Give him all the loving you can right now (I know you will)

KJ – yippee for your son! Glad you husband has come around, even if it took constipation for it to happen

Irene – welcome!

Tracey – I’m selling jewelry that I don’t wear. I do have some pearls, crystal (I question if it’s real crystal or not) and a set of china from MIL that I don’t use, also a silverware set that’s silverplated. If all I get is $5, I’ll be happy. At least things that I don’t use are out of the house. I watch “The Foods that built America”, too. I just finished the one about Dairy Queen.

Going to post this because whenever I don’t and go to read the new posts, MFP always sends me someplace different (not where I was). If I post, at least I know that any post after mine is update.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Lisa- HAAAAPPPPPYYYY BIIIIRRRTHDAAAAY TOOOO YOUUU! Ok I sang that, in my operatic voice and everything!🌸💐🌹💖. Know you're loved by all of us here! I declare it LISA DAY!

Ok our poor Athena was at th ER last night with a high fever. Poor sweetheart. But the photo they posted lasted night on our family group Messenger shows one brave little girl, with an IV and everything. I hope she's better today.
    uf3pig35v8by.jpeg
    My daughter inlaw answered my post on how brave she was by saying she won over all the nurses heart there. Well of course she did.💖
    Today is chicken broth making day!
    Welcome Irene! We are a great band of ladies, have been thru it all together. Its a solid support system built on sharing our daily achievements, strives, and challenges. We do talk about food, what works, what doesn't. Many on here are my inspiration! What we don't really get into is politics or religion. Our friendships are built on mutual respect and avoiding those subjects just seems the thing to do.
    Have a good day all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Wa

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

Mid-40s, Allie, that's so sad! I'm so sorry.
    And I'll pray for Tom....... and Homer.
    God Bless Uncle Winslow. They're a rare breed. Uncle Leigh is gone now; just last year.

Rebecca, I have a lot of pix that look very similar!!! Yes, we have quite the background and proud of it too, as you are. Of course, there are a few that are more recent that are more precious to. This is one. That's our vet and my uncle, the one I was telling you about. He survived the Battle of Chosin. We didn't expect her home for Christmas that year and she got home just before we were leaving for Auntie and Uncle's house. (Allie... you too)
    Sending love and prayers for Athena!
    ovuadnfnxph7.png

AH!!! Thanks for explaining, Machka. I just love names. They're quite fascinating to me.

Hi Terri! 56 years! WTG! And on all the other stuff too.

I love that “Who is the Mama and who is the puppy” conversation with Gino, Barbara! Did you win? We've tried to have that conversation with Harley a couple times. He doesn't seem to "get it". He's a wonderful pup, but seems to think he's the boss. Luckily, we're not trying to train him for anything outside of being our companion. He's very good around people and other dogs, so I don't think we have any worries.

Carla, in gloomy, cloudy MN
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    (((ATHENA)))

MICHELE ~ Please have someone check to see if your glass beads are Rock Crystal or Swarovski. If so, they should bring you a really good price when you sell.

We sent for Chinese today and I am stuffed. Beautiful outside but pollen is very heavy!

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

Mid-40s, Allie, that's so sad! I'm so sorry.
    And I'll pray for Tom....... and Homer.
    God Bless Uncle Winslow. They're a rare breed. Uncle Leigh is gone now; just last year.

Rebecca, I have a lot of pix that look very similar!!! Yes, we have quite the background and proud of it too, as you are. Of course, there are a few that are more recent that are more precious to. This is one. That's our vet and my uncle, the one I was telling you about. He survived the Battle of Chosin. We didn't expect her home for Christmas that year and she got home just before we were leaving for Auntie and Uncle's house. (Allie... you too)
    Sending love and prayers for Athena!
    ovuadnfnxph7.png

AH!!! Thanks for explaining, Machka. I just love names. They're quite fascinating to me.

Hi Terri! 56 years! WTG! And on all the other stuff too.

I love that “Who is the Mama and who is the puppy” conversation with Gino, Barbara! Did you win? We've tried to have that conversation with Harley a couple times. He doesn't seem to "get it". He's a wonderful pup, but seems to think he's the boss. Luckily, we're not trying to train him for anything outside of being our companion. He's very good around people and other dogs, so I don't think we have any worries.

Carla, in gloomy, cloudy MN

Love that photo!
    I stole a photo off a ships page, showing my son making 3rd Class. He's now a 2nd Class Petty Officer. Interestingly enough both youngest and eldest are 2nds! Oh the sibling rivalry about that, if they actually communicated with each other!
    xqqql2n8ws8k.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((ATHENA)))

MICHELE ~ Please have someone check to see if your glass beads are Rock Crystal or Swarovski. If so, they should bring you a really good price when you sell.

We sent for Chinese today and I am stuffed. Beautiful outside but pollen is very heavy!

Carol in GA

Ooh sometimes Chinese food really does hit the spot. You're going to be hungry in 4 hours though.😂. The other night I made some sticky rice, with store bought orange chicken. I stir fried some zucchini, and bean sprouts and added soy sauce. My plate was a handful of crunchy noodles, rice, veggies, some pieces of chicken and sauce. It was heaven! The only thing I was missing some a splattering of peanuts on top and a fortune cookie at the end. 😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa