• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Oh, very best wishes to Athena. :'(<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Betsy- I am happy you had a good visit with your son.

Kelly- Congratulations on your son's job. I totally understand that. Was so happy when my son got his current job and even happier that he actually is doing well, promoting up and likes the job. Doesn't even mind getting up and leaving the house at 4:30AM(and he is NOT a morning person, never has been)

Lisa- Happy birthday!!

Starting week 5 of multiple nebulizer treatments daily. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Have been able to cut back to three a day, down from as many as 5 in a day). Was doing good not waking up coughing during the night, until last night. Was up at 1AM til 2 drinking hot tea which helped. Only got 6 hrs sleep. Need to do a treatment now-put off the first one of the day while I watch church. I am going to contact my doctor this week. May need something stronger to kick this.

Putting up spring decorations and need to go up to Fairfield to drop off time sheet for daycare girl(so I can get paid ;) ) .
    We will have left over home made sweet and sour pork tonight. DH said it was the best I have made. I used bottled sauce instead of making my own this time. Also marinated the meat over night(was too tired the day I started it to finish)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I had the big Sunday dinner that usually busts my calories but I am okay so far. It's day one without cookies or candy so that might be it. Now to make it to breakfast tomorrow without snacking. I might allow myself a yoghurt if I walk a bit. The struggle is real!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated by my health clinic. Luckily they are closed and my head is safe from blowing its top today. They persistently want me to provide a new password every time I have contact with them. Random numbers at every contact are not in my skillset. 🤬🤯
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    Lisa: 🎂Happy Birthday🎂
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 54min, dust, vacuum, laundry, fold/put away, change bedsheets = 759c
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Carla- yes my Uncle Win has been gone about 5 years now he was wounded,and he was a young guy think he was just 18 or 19 when he was over there.. he was the president of the Chosin Few Minnesota region for quite a few years..
    Poor Athena... thank goodness little once usually bounce back pretty quick
    Got back and hour or so ago from baby shower.. lordy it was like a wedding reception and let me tell you she got more than 100 gifts and more were sent to the house.
    It was a bit over the top but we all had fun...got to see friends i havent seen in quite a long time.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Betsy- I am happy you had a good visit with your son.

Kelly- Congratulations on your son's job. I totally understand that. Was so happy when my son got his current job and even happier that he actually is doing well, promoting up and likes the job. Doesn't even mind getting up and leaving the house at 4:30AM(and he is NOT a morning person, never has been)

Lisa- Happy birthday!!

Starting week 5 of multiple nebulizer treatments daily. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Have been able to cut back to three a day, down from as many as 5 in a day). Was doing good not waking up coughing during the night, until last night. Was up at 1AM til 2 drinking hot tea which helped. Only got 6 hrs sleep. Need to do a treatment now-put off the first one of the day while I watch church. I am going to contact my doctor this week. May need something stronger to kick this.

Putting up spring decorations and need to go up to Fairfield to drop off time sheet for daycare girl(so I can get paid ;) ) .
    We will have left over home made sweet and sour pork tonight. DH said it was the best I have made. I used bottled sauce instead of making my own this time. Also marinated the meat over night(was too tired the day I started it to finish)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA[/b]

Debbie

When we lived in Fairfield I had issues with breathing too! I was pregnant with 3rd son, and I was walking a mile to and from the grade school to drop off eldest. I used to bring a little chair and during the walk I would stop and rest. Told my husband, "there's nothing FAIR about Fairfield, you have moved me to hell"!...😂😂. I was so paranoid that I wouldn't be able to breathe in labor. I had a nebulizer as well. Good news though, once I started labor my breathing opened up...AH! We had a place off Del Prado Circle. We could see the freeway and the Safeway sign! But we only lived there from Sept 1998 to late November, when 3rd son was born. We found a great house in Vallejo, off Legend Circle.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• pipcd34
    Options
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Lisa-Happy Birthday! I think your non-driving plan is immensely sensible.

Kelly-Good news regarding son’s employment. Plan sounds sensible.

Tracey-glad fall wasn’t worse. You said you cut foot-have you had a tetanus shot recently?

Michelle NC-I agree the original Sudafed does work much better. Don’t remember the last time I bought if from behind the counter-may pick some up.

Rebecca-scary when the little ones are sick. My Jake spiked a tremendously high fever once-very scary. Trip to ER. After they got him some fluids and an ibuprofen/Tylenol mix-he was running around the place like an hour.

Allie-glad you enjoyed baby shower. Sorry that Homer is nearing the end. It seems that you all have given him a very good life-better than some people do their children.

Sinuses doing a bit better. Better energy level today. I bought a neti pot at the store and used it for the first time. Interesting experience. I do think it may have helped some. Will use again tonight. I did laugh though. I figured after I let it al drain over the sink, it would be done. Went about cleaning house-everytime I bent over, my head drained some more! Ran humidifier in living room/kitchen. Will plug in smaller one in bed room over night. Holding off on any medications if I can.

Off to clean up the kitchen and think I will call it quits for the day-got a number of smaller tasks done and some floors moped. May transfer earrings to new case while watching some tv.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Laundry and house cleaning are done for now. DH & I are enjoying the view & getting a bit of rest. It is currently 3:54 pm. I am tired from the housework but feel satisfaction for making the guest room tidy.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Allie - Denise's baby shower was like a wedding reception, too. Was yours families or just women?

Rebecca - so happy Athena is doing well.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Happy, happy birthday!

Terri - What a cheerful little poem. Thanks.

KJ - glad you are having a good weekend.

Allie - glad you enjoyed the shower. Sorry about Homer.

Welcome to newbies. Keep coming back.

Barbara - Hope Gino is a quick study.

Cold and rainy here today. Got goatshed cleaned but not much else. Some reading and crocheting. I have a new great niece due around Easter so working on a baby blanket.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    <3Betsy
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. Ninja and Irene, I am also from Georgia. I live Northeast of Atlanta off the I-85 corridor.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Ginny - I did have a tetanus shot about 3 years ago. My doctor insisted that I have one. She said it recommended every 5 years now, not 10.
    It’s looking fine today, no redness anywhere.

Rebecca - it is so scary when children are sick.
    Our youngest daughter was admitted to the hospital several times most occurring after a middle of the night run to emergency. He fever would spike out of nowhere and she would be gasping for breath. She suffered from the time she was 6 months old to 2.5 before they finally diagnosed her with asthma. It got better when we moved from NB to Alberta.

Allie - The baby shower I went to last month had some extravagant gifts too. Some of the women that were there stated that it was so much fun out shopping and being able to attend a shower that they went a bit overboard. It’s also the first baby in quite a while to be spoiled. 🙂 I know my daughter and I together spent 3X as much as we normally would have. She is due Tuesday, I’m waiting anxiously now.

My eldest and her family came out for supper. My daughter and I had a disagreement. Her and my cousin had a few words about the whole Will Smith and Chris Rock fiasco. My daughter ended up blocking my cousin. I texted my daughter later and apologized to her because I thought she was being dramatic and didn’t think she should have blocked her. Later I realized I was wrong, I may not agree with her decision, but it’s the right one for her and I need to respect that.

I think these “discussions, “debates” whatever you want to call them through social media has ruined so many families.
    I refuse to comment or post anything that can be controversial. That’s one thing I truly love about this group. We all have different beliefs, thoughts and opinions but we all support one another and don’t let those differences come between us. If anything, I think they bring us closer.

Well that’s enough philosophizing for the night.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

I'm not seeing my post from yesterday. So I need to try again today.

I'm back. Glad to see Barbie keeping this thread going. I was able to find you guys from a bookmarked thread from 2019.

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Right now I'm just tracking my food for a week. Exercise gets added later.

Mia in MI