WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    edited April 2022
    Barbara prayers for Troy and his family. Visualizing him surroundedby healing light.

Michele love the new addition to your ceramics.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Machka — Regarding aging and bone density: I just measured my height as 5’ 7” and this has not changed since college. Aging came along and periods went away but my bone density is good because I take Alondrate Sodium. I chose the version that is a once weekly tablet with a glass of water. I had a bone density test a few years ago and had good bone density. A friend chose the daily version.

You are active—

I think activity has made a positive difference for me. Walking on local trails and my neighborhood help me stay healthy.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    My eldest son sent me a "movie link" of a cute movie, "Apollo 10 and 1/2". Its an animated movie, but I think they just put a lot of real footage thru a cartoon app. Anyway its cute. A lot of historical and informational memory triggers. I then found season 4 of a series called " Yellowstone", with Kevin Costner. So binging on that on my tablet...😁💖
    Last night I organized what I am eating today. Homemade coleslaw in a toasted bun with fish fillets, melted cheese, and a bit of thousand island dressing, fries and a pickle. Yummy!
    Do any of you take Brag's apple cider vinegar on a daily basis? Good benefits? Things bad? My girlfriend stated she had some negative intestinal issues so she had to stop taking it. Maybe she didn't dilute it. I only take 1 T in some Pellegrino mineral water. Its reminds me of when I took a sip of my mommas gin and tonic drink! Now that was disgusting! I only did it once in my life, I wasn't a child teatotaler now! Ah, the 1970's when my parents would have a drink when they got home. We had a area set up and everything. Crazy.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I did 8 mins of marching and 82 mins of yoga! Yay for caffeine!

I'm up to the ninth video in the series, and it had lots of lunges-something I have always been terrible at. I was very wobbly, but I was able to do something like everything the teacher did. So that will be a challenge going forward.

Not to mention the arm strength! Video seven has a side plank that I can do for ten seconds; video eight has a crow arm balance pose that I max out at about a second, then video nine has real pushups! I don't know how anyone can do this in nine days. I started on Jan 2. So I'm taking my time. I'm just glad there's no penalty for plateaus.

So I had my mocha coffee ( hot chocolate with a teaspoon of instant coffee) and got buzzed enough to get in a good workout. We will see if I can sleep tonight.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    edited April 2022
    Rebecca— Braggs Vinegar is a favorite here, with occasional use. I like to use it to make salad dressing when I have the time to do it.

I went to the fitness club today , but there is no yoga until Friday so I came straight home.
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    KJ - I have playlists, but can you share them with a loved one? The gift of a tape in the post, with their writing on the back, was a true love offering. :)<3:D

DH is cursing the council, because they have changed the way you apply for parking permits. Grrrr! I know how Lisa feels. The whole thing is a f..k up by idiots. Did they stress test the system? Me thinks not.
    DH's elder daughter is paid handsomely to program this kind of thing. She has been able to relocate to the South of France and work from home for banks and legal firms. I wish she had sorted out Brighton and Hove. :#>:):/

My homemade pizza was fabulous. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Rebecca--Glad the little one is doing better and back being busy at play.

Lisa--Hugs and Hugs!

Michele--I really like your alligator.

Barbara--Prayers said for your nephew. Hugs for you.

Tracey and Machka--I was scheduled for dr appointment 2 days before my 65rth birthday. He ordered a bone density test, but I had to come back 2 days after my birthday for it as insurance would not cover it until I was 65.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Glad at least that worked out for you Lisa...
    Im home after picking Carmine up.. I slept in and Tracy brought,Carmine to school .. i got down there a little after 9 and stayed until 12:30 then went to check on Homie.. bless his little heart still trucking along.. came home for a few minutes picked up Alfie and went and got Carmine from school and dropped him off
    Miles is going to bed an hour later.. and bless him slept 7 hrs last night.. woke up starving of course.. but hey at least he got 7 hrs of continuous sleep
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    OMGosh Rebecca... That JD tractor brings back so many memories too. How darling.

Lisa, I just have nothing to say! I can't even begin to imagine what you're dealing with. Well... I know what Anne deals with, so I have an idea, but only an idea. I'm so sorry. Our VA system, Heather... ARGH!

Barbara, that's what I wonder. He does have a protective instinct, but why only females? We may never know. I'm just glad I figured out that I have to let him down on his own lead when I allow females into the house so he doesn't snarl or bark. Then he's just fine! Go figure.
    "Betsy keep us in your pocket..." I love that. I used to give Anne "pocket kisses" before she went to school everyday. She said she'd take one out when she got sad or lonely or confused and it always helped her feel better. She took a whole backpackful to Boot Camp. LOL

And it's snowing again in MN! Signing off. Carla
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Work today and tomorrow. After work (I got out early, they weren’t busy yesterday) went to Aldi then Vince and I stopped at the vet’s office just to pick up a prescription, to the bank to deposit the money I got from the jewelry, had to buy gas and went to WalMart even tho I didn’t need a lot. Put milk in the IP for yogurt, it should be done by the time we get home from ceramics.

Have an appt. with the dentist just to be sure there isn’t anything popping up.

KJ – whenever I get a sinus headache, Sudafed (the kind you have to get from behind the counter).

Went to the dentist and, sure enough, it was something. The backside of a crown came loose but the front was still stuck on. So he took the crown off, cleaned it, and put it back on. I guess if I’d let this go on, it would have gotten worse.

Katla – I’m sorry there wasn’t any yoga. I know how much you love it

After the dentist picked up my watch. I’d taken it to have the clasp tightened and part of it broke when they first went to do it, so I just left it there. It wasn’t like I HAD to have it, I don’t wear it during the week since my hands are constantly in water.

Lisa – well, now you have more firewood, so there’s a bright spot….lol

Oh, lately Jerry has been “procrastinating” about getting the pickles out of the refrigerator. Today after he did it he said “I really hate this” so I just reminded him of our agreement. He said “it isn’t in writing” so I just told him “friends don’t need it in writing”. That seemed to make him feel a bit better. Yes, if we’re talking $2,000 friends should get it in writing. But getting pickles out of the refrigerator????? Then he said to me “wait till they get our age” so I told him he was a baby. He said “I’m 55” so I just said to him “oh, I remember those days waaaay back when” I told him that in a way I find it funny that they have to take Social Security out of my paycheck just to send it back to me. That seemed to make him smile.

Beth – how I remember those days. I was very lucky that up until the very end, my father had all his faculties. But Vince’s mother got confused easily. And scared.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • Katla49
    Michele— Thank you for your kind words. ❤️. The yoga teacher had a conflict and I will likely get to yoga on Friday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that DH won’t need me and I can enjoy yoga. 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    Page 13. Will catch up in the morning.

☘️ Terri