NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Project management skills (PM)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld If you read Gin’s first book, “Delay, Don’t Deny,” then I really recommend you read “Fast Feast Repeat.” It’s much more comprehensive than her first book. I just bought “Intermittent Fasting Transformation” by Cynthia Thurlow. It's written for women and she has a medical background and is very smart. She has a great podcast that I listen to all the time and is famous for her TED talk on IF. If you haven’t given it a listen, you should! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Dkt7zyImk&ab_channel=TEDxTalks
    I agree that doing expensive plans where you don’t eat real food wouldn’t be for me. As for nutrition and exercise class, I bet you could teach one with all the knowledge you have gained. :) Weight loss medications might work for you but whenever I’ve tried them, they would work for a short time, and then my body got used to it and I could eat on top of them. :/

@cbabie Sooo sorry that you have been sick. Head colds are so awful. I hope you feel better soon. <3

@theslightedgeforver Covid 2020 got me a shelf full of jigsaws! :grin: I am not doing the container plan for 21 Day Fix. I just like the way Autumn kicks my booty! :D She has a new eating plan that focuses on gut health that I would consider if I wanted to pay, which I don’t. Congrats on your loss. I hope your knee feels better. Is the fatigue from your recent travels?

Hello! Well, I got up this morning with it in my head that Maggie was supposed to go to the groomers. But NO! I quickly found out that it’s next week. *Insert major eye roll* And since it was just about to really storm, I brought her back and decided to work from home today. Tomorrow I will go into the office to finish what I couldn’t do here. I did day two of the 21 DF workout which was legs and now my booty is dying! It even hurts just sitting. :s I fasted for 19 hours and my plan is to have dinner, hit my fasting app timer, and then fast until dinner tomorrow. I will eat one small 500 calorie meal and then hit the timer again. I will fast Thursday until lunchtime and also eat dinner. This kind of up/down day has shown some really good results for people. I plan to stay super busy tomorrow, so I don’t think about food. *Fingers crossed! *
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    4/1 265.2
    4/2 265.2
    4/3 264.2
    4/4 262.6
    4/5 262.4
    4/6 262.4

Hoping to get back to the 50s soon enough. hubby's having a takeaway tonight so I've got myself Macoroni and cheese. Still within my fat allowance so I'll enjoy it :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you are feeling better now. Congrats on the loss, take it indeed, that's a nice loss! Yeah I'm lucky I kind of live by the water. :D I help when I can, sometimes I'm not so helpful lol.

@theslightedgeforever I remember the Fen-Phen mess. I didn't take it but I heard about it. That was spelled right lol. Yes, it can be discouraging. The walk was nice. Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 I haven't read Fast Feast Repeat, I'll check it out. Thanks for the Ted Talk link, I'll give it a listen too. Yeah, eating frozen foods and shakes does not address my eating problem. Their webinars would but it would be stuff I already learned on WW. Interesting about the weight loss meds. Good luck with your fasting plan, you've got this!

@roz0810 Enjoy the mac and cheese!

Hi all. Well, I gained 0.4 lbs this week. :( Not really a surprise but I am still frustrated. Yesterday, my hubby and I got an annual pass to the zoo. We figured it would be good for exercise. There are a lot of hills in our zoo. I might go by myself on Saturday. I don't know, I've got a busy day that day. We'll see.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, Yesterday was a mess, I think I ate sugar just to feel better..LOL. Up today and feeling better, still have some of it in my head, but nothing like the last couple of days. I will probably take baby girl for a walk and come home and clean my floors..they really need it. LOL We will see..

@roz0810 Great job on the loss, I agree with Trooworld...enjoy the mac and cheese!!!!

@trooworld You would get alot of walking in at the zoo here, so I am assuming the same there. LOL. Do it while it's nice right? You may have had a slight gain, but your head is in the right place. You got this.

@TeresaW1020 puzzles..I have 3 I need to do, but not really in the mood right now. LOL. I have 3 or 4 that I glued together to use a pictures...still sitting flat. LOL. Sounds like your day is planned and productive...Hopefully that means DH is doing better.

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Ah, you think I would have thought of that. Evidently I still don't see myself as that so it's not ingrained. So I have to work on that image. So I'm wondering if the use of the phrase "We'll see" means, Nah, probably not going to happen. LOL I noticed you and Troo used it. I use it too.

@teresaw1020 Fatigue: I don't know. Maybe. Probably. I'm sure lots of it is mental. Whenever I push myself to the limit that is followed by a "I deserve to rest" period. Now to switch that to "I deserve a healthy body" period. That little up/down fasting sounds like it would be a good thing to keep things off balance.

@roz0810 Woohoo! You are rocking the weight loss. I love mac and cheese. Enjoy!

@trooworld So which part of the day do you struggle the most with food? Have you thought about some scenarios that cause you stumble? What's your plan A? Plan B for them? The zoo sounds like a good plan. Plus fun. I love the zoo.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I ended up signing up for the 6 month plan with workshops. I went to a kickstart virtual meeting. I plan to go in person on Fri. The points do guide you to healthier choices.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you are feeling better. How have you been doing on your water intake? Yes, the zoo (and the wild animal park, which is part of the membership) is very large and lots of walking. Thanks, I hope so!

@theslightedgeforever I think it is usually dinner that I struggle most with, only because we sometimes don't feel like cooking and don't feel like going to the store to get an easy meal so we end up ordering pizza because pizza is the cheapest delivery item. There are only two ways to prevent this scenario: either do meal prep on Sundays so that something is made, or buy an easy meal and have it in the freezer. The problem with that is that our freezer isn't very big and we've got veggies and meats in there. Yeah the zoo should work out nicely.

@lorib642 Excellent! I highly recommend Maggie S.'s virtual workshops, she's awesome! Yes, you will find yourself naturally making healthier choices to earn points back to your day or just to fit into your points. Congratulations on taking this step! Let us know how your meeting goes.

Hi all. I ordered some capris from Kohls to pick up as I am allergic to shorts and I want to be comfortable this summer lol. I also ordered a new sun hat to wear to the zoo, I have one but it's really dorky, it is one of those with fabric hanging down the back to protect your neck. Totally stupid looking. The one I ordered is much better looking but still protective.

I drank more than enough water yesterday which makes me happy. It really helps with the cravings. It's supposed to get up to 93F today here. That's too hot for me lol. I will be at home all day working.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you are feeling better. How have you been doing with your water intake? Yes, the zoo (and the wild animal park, which is part of the membership) is very large and has lots of walking. Thanks, I hope so!

@theslightedgeforever I think it is usually dinner that I struggle most with, only because we sometimes don't feel like cooking and don't feel like going to the store to get an easy meal so we end up ordering pizza because pizza is the cheapest delivery item. There are only two ways to prevent this scenario: either do meal prep on Sundays so that something is made or buy an easy meal and have it in the freezer. The problem with that is that our freezer isn't very big and we've got veggies and meats in there. Yeah the zoo should work out nicely.

@lorib642 Excellent! I highly recommend Maggie S.'s virtual workshops, she's awesome! Yes, you will find yourself naturally making healthier choices to earn points back to your day or just to fit into your points. Congratulations on taking this step! Let us know how your meeting goes.

Hi all. I ordered some capris from Kohls to pick up as I am allergic to shorts and I want to be comfortable this summer lol. I also ordered a new sun hat to wear to the zoo, I have one but it's really dorky, it is one of those with fabric hanging down the back to protect your neck. Totally stupid-looking. The one I ordered is much better looking but still protective.

I drank more than enough water yesterday which makes me happy. It really helps with the cravings. It's supposed to get up to 93F today here. That's too hot for me lol. I will be at home all day working.

• trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That Youtube video was very good, thanks.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’m allergic to shorts too! So what animals do you like most at the zoo? I love all the apes and monkeys. Ohh and the sloths! They are my spirit animal, ya know? :D I’m glad you liked the YouTube video! I just started reading her new book on fasting. I don’t have much yet on her fasting plan, but she sure knows a lot of medical scientific stuff that is super interesting even if I don’t understand it. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever I know it can be hard to flip the switch from resting to getting back to being healthy. I feel like I flipped that switch recently and I’m scared it will get turned off again. But I’m doing all I can to keep this momentum going. :)

@cbabie DH is doing better this week, which gives me time to focus on something other than his needs. I’m glad that you are feeling better and hope it continues. <3

Hello! Today has been a fairly easy day. I had a staff meeting and did a little cleaning but not too much. It’s spring break for the homeschool group and our Wednesday night so I didn’t have kids trashing the place. Then on Saturday is our Easter egg hunt so I will clean the sanctuary after the event. I am happy that the up/down day went well. I fasted yesterday for 23 ½ hours, had a small dinner, and then fasted for another 18 hours. I had a high-protein lunch and Greek yogurt when I came home from work. Dinner will be one boneless pork chop, roasted zucchini, and a ½ cup of Broccoli cheddar rice. I probably shouldn’t eat the rice but dang it’s so tasty!! :p
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @lorib642 First step is done. Choosing a plan. Now comes the next step, preparing your environment. Removing or hiding trigger foods, stocking up on low point foods.

@trooworld So how about a third option.....keep half of the meat and veggies in there so you have room to put the easy meals in the freezer in the other half. Maybe shoot for 2 days a week to have easy meals. Slowly transition from where you are now to where you want to be. I know how easy it is to just order something because being too tired to cook. Plus doing a full meal prep for the week is tiring. What if you did just meal prep for one day a week. With 2 easy meals in the freezer that would give you 3 days where you could stay OP. Starting to feel successful as down the road you add in another one. Because are you really eating all the meat and veggies in the freezer or are you just storing them. I finally just threw out a bag of Brussel sprouts that have been in there at least a year now. Evidently I was just storing them. I had good intentions to eat them but never seemed to get around to them. I have a dorky hat like you do that I do my gardening with. :smiley: Yes it's hot in some places and my daughter is still having snow. But she likes it so.

I need to get my exercise groove on. I need to dig down deep for this one. Usually it is not a problem.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I agree. I can't believe it's April. Sounds like you have a good plan for your future mapped out. Have you been working on your healthy habits?

@teresaw1020 Do you have your meals planned out for your eating times or do you just grab and go? I've got my meals planned out now I need to make sure they are cooked and ready to eat. ;)

@trooworld Your food sounded delicious. So what meal plan are you doing right now? WW? Oh just went back and read. Clean Fasting. What are you expectations from this each month? Did you ever get back to your Tonal?

@cbabie This is where you and I are different. When drama causes stress, I always eat. I'm glad you got in a walk. So go open up the crockpot book and tell me about the first recipe. The problem with books like that is that it gets overwhelming. so choose ONE THING. You may not even like the first recipe but look at it anyway as if we want different we have to do different. So we break down that recipe into small steps and just focus on the next step.

1. Open up book and look at first recipe.
    2. Read through it.
    3. Write down ingredients you don't have on hand
    4. Decide what day and time you will have this. Is it lunch? Dinner?
    5. Write that on your calendar.
    6. Go grocery shopping
    7. Put ingredients into crockpot and turn it on;
    8. Enjoy!

So got the game plan down for my career future. My healthy habits could use a bit of a recharge as well.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 LOL right? I like ALL of the monkeys and the great apes the best, too! They are my spirit animals lol...goofy, fun, bright. Yeah some of the medical info on fasting goes right over my head. I had a staff meeting yesterday too, blah. Your dinner sounds good, you did great!

@theslightedgeforever Well, that might work but it is so small that the meat and veggies for the WEEK take up the entire freezer most of the time. It's not like I'm stockpiling these items too much (a little lol). There are some things in there that I am storing I guess. I'll see how much room I have after grocery shopping this week, if there is room, on Sunday I'll go to the store again and get stuff. Yeah, I just couldn't go to the zoo in the dorky hat lol. But it does protect from the sun really well! I'm glad your daughter likes the snow, she can keep it lol. Exercise...start slow like you always tell us!

Hi all. It got up to 99F here yesterday. It's gotta be a record. I have a migraine today thanks to the extreme weather. I took some medicine but it will make me nauseous. I did well eating yesterday. Fasted until my fasting period was over (11 am).

• theslightedgeforever
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @gemwolf110 So what healthy habit are you going to work on first? While it seems I need work on just about everything. I will begin refocusing on exercise this week.

@trooworld Yippee! on being 100% with your fasting. So how about you make a challenge with yourself to shop out of your freezer. Ugh 99F
    https://youtu.be/zN3ZwNGOF8U

So ask me tomorrow if I did some exercise today. Today is my 2100 day streak for checking in to MFP. Imagine if that was an exercise streak.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Just on to type a quick note. I have been so under the weather...still feel shaky. Baby girl was sneezing all day yesterday...Thanks to the adults who brought this into the house..LOL NOT.

I will post more tomorrow.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Just finished 47 minutes of exercise. Cardio, strength training and stretching
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. That's a good idea, I'll do that next week (this week is already planned and I'm about to go shopping). Although the freezer is pretty empty right now so it's a good time to get those meals, I'll do that. Thanks for the Youtube video, I'll watch it a little later. I just typed "Did you exercise yesterday" but I see you did. Great job!!! Wow, that is a great streak!

@cbabie Oh gosh, sorry about the sickness for you both. Hugs.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday, fasted the whole time, ate healthily, and drank enough liquids. I found some iced tea bags from the Republic of Tea: Keto Sweet Tea (zero sugar) and Ginger Peach. I haven't had the ginger peach yet. I had to order a new iced tea jug because mine was leaking. Today, I'm going to get groceries this morning, drop my husband off to see his brother, and then I'm going to the zoo by myself to walk around for exercise. Tonight, I have an art opening (one of my pieces is in the show). Should be busy but fun. I ate and drank until late last night which means I have to fast until 2:30 pm today if I can. I will try to make it that long.

• trooworld
    Options
    Also, I watched a really good Youtube video yesterday about emotional eating: https://youtu.be/SVSe2vaxXXM

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the video link Woohoo on your day. Sounds like you were doing everything right. How was the zoo. I bet you got in lots of steps.

Today's exercise will be 20 min walk plus some balance and stretching.