GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @springlering62 - Wow that sounds crazy hard but you make it look easy!

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm still lifting - bumped up to 3-4 days a week. Have a piriformus issue due to one side being stronger than the other, so I've been working with my trainer to try and even out and doing my stretching at least once a day.

I'm trying to talk some friends into joining me now, so guess I'm an evangelist now too!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @DancingMoosie it was only 60 or so pounds so my trainer was confident I had it. It’s great for focus, control, and working on form.

This is an interesting article about them:

https://powerliftingtechnique.com/bandbell-bamboo-barbell/

You get different “feels” if it’s straight up plates versus a kettlebell and/or chains added, since they oscillate differently depending on the shape of what’s suspended.

I just love them because they’re fun and a challenge to keep from wobbling insanely. Once they start wobbling, it’s all over. They’re uncontrollable, like trying to hold on the the wrong end of a whip.
  • springlering62
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ok, I’m not in y’all’s league, but I’m really happy with this. With injuries and too low weight, and to improve form, I got busted down to starting from scratch on squats last year. This is only 105, small potatoes, but I’m very happy with the significant improvement in depth, and this was 20 pounds higher than I’ve been allowed to do for a while.

I’m never going to compete, I’m never going to be an Iron Lady or a bodybuilder, and I may never get *kitten* fully to the grass, but I’m OK with that. I do weights for my own pleasure. I’m “lapping everyone on the couch”.
    43lktf5liosv.gif
  • springlering62
    Options
    JenKindo wrote: »
    ….Have a piriformus issue

Same here. My butt hurts 24/7. What’s helped me has been dry needling followed by one of those muscle hammer guns, and, of all things, the aquafit classes I *kitten* about taking with my husband. I want to poke my eyeballs out while I’m doing them, but boy, all the side kicking, jumping jacks and scissors sure help.

My physical therapist has also started doing this thing where he pulls my leg straight upwards so hard he lifts me up, and then he pushes my leg towards my nose.

I find myself silently thinking, he’s not charging enough for this very physical treatment, and thank God I lost some weight, because there’s no way he could slam fat-me around like that.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 way to go on the squats! You have the right attitude in that you don't have to compete with others. If you're not intending to compete in a powerlifting meet, then atg is not a mandatory requirement.

Do what you can, and enjoy what you do. 😊

As for the butt... I'm having a similar issue. I started sumo deadlifting and I find that every time I do them, my side glutes get sore, which is great in terms of growth, but... when they do, they seem to irritate my sciatica and then I have hip /leg /sciatic pain until the muscle settles down.

I've been thinking about one of those hammer massage guns to see if that'll help... And I'm trying to stretch more.

Sometimes it gets so discouraging to try and work around bodily injury when all you're trying to do is get stronger and stay strong.

Keep being the awesome you that you are. Your only competition is yourself, so it really doesn't matter how everyone else is doing! ❤️
  • springlering62
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 the massage gun is ahhhh-mazing….in the hands of a professional.

I’m scared we’d screw around and hammer a bone into splinters or something. I lay there as the PT does it and wonder if this is a “don’t try this at home, kids” kinda gizmo.

They sell them on Amazon. That means they’re safe, right? 😬
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 the massage gun is ahhhh-mazing….in the hands of a professional.

I’m scared we’d screw around and hammer a bone into splinters or something. I lay there as the PT does it and wonder if this is a “don’t try this at home, kids” kinda gizmo.

Haha MUST BE safe! Besides, I just need to get it into the meaty butt zone. I think I'd be ok. Haha

It's probably hurt too much to chip away at our bones. 🤣
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

Haha MUST BE safe! Besides, I just need to get it into the meaty butt zone. I think I'd be ok. Haha

It's probably hurt too much to chip away at our bones. 🤣

I bought a cheap one on amazon mid-spring of 2020 and do like it, should probably use it more. I do generally keep to the meatier part of muscles and haven't had any problems. The heads that came with mine are fairly forgiving foam, unsure how they compare to a higher end unit.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    I've been learning / trying out sumo deads. (I've tried them in maybe 4 workouts now)

I'm really loving how solid the form feels, and was in near heaven when I threw them into the bar path analysis app.

Here's a sampling of both sumo and conventional deads.

71272ncw7n1g.gif

So good to see you! Nice work!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I've been learning / trying out sumo deads. (I've tried them in maybe 4 workouts now)

I'm really loving how solid the form feels, and was in near heaven when I threw them into the bar path analysis app.

71272ncw7n1g.gif

So good to see you! Nice work!

Thank you so much! I have been really busy at work lately, so I've been keeping pretty quiet lately. Working out 2x a week generally.

Hope you are well! ❤️
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options

71272ncw7n1g.gif

awesome work Sandy!
    Options
    I never posted a gif on this thread before, because i always feel ashamed of how i look, and i only post it on my profile, but i feel so proud of my achievement yesterday, that i wanted to share it this time.

Working my way to bodyweight squats, and seeing that i came from 60% of BW when i started this 7 week program, up to almost 80% yesterday, is a big deal for me

zt943f9ez1gz.gif
  • springlering62
    Options
    I never posted a gif on this thread before, because i always feel ashamed of how i look, and i only post it on my profile, but i feel so proud of my achievement yesterday, that i wanted to share it this time.

Working my way to bodyweight squats, and seeing that i came from 60% of BW when i started this 7 week program, up to almost 80% yesterday, is a big deal for me

zt943f9ez1gz.gif

Why be embarrassed? None of us are competing, I don’t think. I think your depth is fabulous.

Both posting and squatting. And humor. I’ve seen your posts around. 😉
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

zt943f9ez1gz.gif

Agree with @springlering62, enviable depth right there. If my quick math and plate tally is right you've added ~20kg to your squat in 7 weeks? That's fantastic!
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @steveko89 You are correct about the increased weight on my squat, well almost i guess
    When i started this 7 week program (10 weeks ago actually, due to circumstances i have had 3 weeks no training) my 1RM was 65kg, and my form was much worse, bar path moved forward and back in the vertical line a lot more.

This here was 80,75 kg (gotta love microplates) but for 2/2/3 reps so i estimate that my 1RM is probably 5-6 kg higher, realising how well the bar moved.
    So yeah i was really happy with that.

Next week i am gonna test my 1RM on squat, deadlift and bench and then start another round of this mesocycle.
    My aim, when it comes to weights, is to get to bodyweight squat for 5-8 reps by end of the year, 1.5x bodyweight on DL for 3-5 reps and 1xBW on Bench
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

zt943f9ez1gz.gif

I agree 100% with @springlering62 too! Congratulations! :smile:
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    e5litre wrote: »
    Finishing up the back routine.
    rdsvzscojfki.gif

🔥
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

zt943f9ez1gz.gif

SO INCREDIBLY PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉